LiverpoolTMFailed - a thread of their own | Page 4 | Vital Football

LiverpoolTMFailed - a thread of their own

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty reported that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters at a capacity Anfield observed a shorter period of silence impeccably, with one or two rogue shouts at the start of the tribute quickly shouted down before their fixture against Ajax.

what is a shortened period?

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty reported that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters at a capacity Anfield observed a shorter period of silence impeccably, with one or two rogue shouts at the start of the tribute quickly shouted down before their fixture against Ajax.

what is a shortened period?
It’s not a minute and that is what matters. The muted way in which the BBC are reporting this is a disgrace. They would make a big thing if it were any other club but they are petrified. The result will drown out this news but they will be watching the Etihad this evening waiting to pounce.

It’s not a minute and that is what matters. The muted way in which the BBC are reporting this is a disgrace. They would make a big thing if it were any other club but they are petrified. The result will drown out this news but they will be watching the Etihad this evening waiting to pounce.

They will have to wait a long time

I can't believe how this insult is being blown off by the media!

The Mirror - "observed a moment of silence". WTF? The article even makes it clear that the club itself knew their foul mouthed supporters could not be trusted as they stated they would observe a "period" of silence. They knew.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-liverpool-minute-silence-queen-27982795

The Fail - "isloated boos". WTF? It doesn't matter. They simply could not contain their vile contempt and STFU for one minute. SIXTY SECONDS. A generally respectful moment's silence". Generally? Generally? Quite simply not good enough.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...-minutes-silence-Queen-Anfield-Ajax-game.html

Neither paper properly calling them out for fear of the backlash by the trolls and Winged Monkeys that might be unleashed from Merseyside which might threaten their clicks or sales.

It even gets reported in the USA.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/football/liverpool-ajax-minutes-silence-spt-int/index.html

The excuses given by the dipper fabs are pathetic.

Shameful by those responsible, shameful by the media. 😡

Understandable as it is, on these type of occasions, I wonder if it's made worse by the 'silent majority' making their view clear by trying, in any way possible, to quieten the dissenters?

Better to leave them to it?

7 hrs ago, from an eyewitness at the game.

'' I was at Anfield yesterday evening and some couldn't keep quiet for one minute to show respect for our recently passed Queen, shame on you, your no true supporter your a disgrace...in fact you managed less than 38 seconds....disgusting.
This morning some newspapers said the silence was impeccably followed, just goes to show how two faced and liars they are.
There was also a woman smiling and giggling like some silly little school child, shown live on tv with millions watching around the world, she should be ridiculed publicly for such a pathetic and disgraceful attitude''.

Understandable as it is, on these type of occasions, I wonder if it's made worse by the 'silent majority' making their view clear by trying, in any way possible, to quieten the dissenters?

Better to leave them to it?
Disagree.
If the ”silent” majority stay silent, then they appear to condone the booers.

LiverpoolTMFailed match this weekend postponed due to circumstances surrounding the funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth………I am trying to imagine how Klopp will find a way to complain about their situation P6 9Pts 8th in the league and 8pts behind City….

“It’s not fair. They always get to play before us and so gain an advantage or they play after us and so they know what they need to do or they have more time between games than our club which is so unfair because they get more rest than my players, or sometimes they have less time between matches than us which is also unfair because they keep up the momentum and we have to wait and the extra time for our players is difficult plus they might get to play when it is sunnier than our game or might not have to travel so far or travel further which gives them more time to be together on the bus than our players. And then they have someone who scores so many goals so I really don’t think that isn fair and they should find a way to handicap him, maybe not allow him to be inside the opposition penalty area or require that he can only score with his right foot. It’s just not fair whatever happens”.​