Match day parking | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match day parking

The other alternative I was thinking of was the special bus service which goes from Tamworth. Think it’s about £6 and takes the hassle away. Only problem is I think it only runs for weekend games 🤔
ThanksJF,but Dad was a Cork man and we have a reputation to uphold inasmuch as we are the Scots of Ireland, right as a ducks arse. Free on the train with my old codgers bus/rail pass. I prefer to risk death than pay £5 per match.

i've never had an issue there, you dont get blocked in and its a quick getaway from Aston. Downside is its a 10-15 min walk to the ground
Hi, hope all’s good?
I’m going to try your parking suggestion on Saturday. I just wanted to double check (to make sure I find the right place) - is this in the road between the Tavern and the Gee Business Centre? I’ve tried looking on google maps but can’t see anything obvious? Is there a particular building or landmark to look out for / turn into?

many thanks again 👍

Star City had signs up about ANPR and for “paying customers only”, anyone know if they’re trying to oust the football traffic? If they sorted out the multi storey car park there would be plenty of space.

I bought a £1.79 bottle of water from Costa just to be safe and tick the box of paying customer.

Star City had signs up about ANPR and for “paying customers only”, anyone know if they’re trying to oust the football traffic? If they sorted out the multi storey car park there would be plenty of space.

I bought a £1.79 bottle of water from Costa just to be safe and tick the box of paying customer.

Those signs appeared last week, I park there for walking football. How can they track where I go via number plates? They might have a case if the car was parked there for 12 hours but, not for a couple of hours. I imagine it was for the commonwealth games

I park in an industrial estate near Wing Yip. Having to get there earlier to get a spot nowadays. Pissing me right off !.

Didn't come in to say that lol, but what I was going to say/warn people about was….bloke who parked near me had his cat converter nicked while at the match yesterday. So could be a gang that is targeting these easy pickings.

I was going to say I never noticed any difference yesterday considering the rail strike, We do however get there early anyway parked by the ATS and Motorpoint, and had breakfast in Motorpoint that killed an hour. Had a look around the cars not sure why as I won't be buying another one anytime soon. Amble down to the game, walk round the club shop, they were queueing around the shop to pay :shake:
Watched the game, out the door as the whistle blows back to the car and home in 20 mins. Our routine is spot on I have to say

Couldn't get into Gee Business Park yesterday , fully booked ! Had to park over the road behind the factory £5.
Roadworks over that way didn't help was a bit painful getting home .

I didn’t leave any earlier, if anything I left later and I still got a spot on the road I usually park on no problem (Avenue Road or Chester Street). Afterwards I got away quickly and was in town in no time.

I park in an industrial estate near Wing Yip. Having to get there earlier to get a spot nowadays. Pissing me right off !.

Didn't come in to say that lol, but what I was going to say/warn people about was….bloke who parked near me had his cat converter nicked while at the match yesterday. So could be a gang that is targeting these easy pickings.

Yep the gangs will have a field day when there’s a match on, all those extra cars in one place for them to take their pick. If it’s not your cat converter you’ll probably come back to half a car or no car at all if you don’t secure it. The cat converter thefts tend to be the jap cars such as Honda, Toyota and the ones where they strip the front end off tend to be the smaller Toyotas, Peugeots and Vauxhalls. I speak from very recent experience of my car being stolen and very easily too!

Come in off the A34 from town, so park Witton Road/Trinity Road/Fentham Road and always get a spot on the street that side. The kids who used to try and charge to 'watch' you car have long gone now there are rarely any matchday tickets available.

Sunday early kick offs (12 when we play Small Heath or 2pm) are the worst, but otherwise, we are pretty fortunate. Getaway is generally ok these days.

I was virtually by the matalan island yesterday. Usually I can get past Aston Manor school and park there but there were no spaces at all so I was right back by the flyover.

Come in off the A34 from town, so park Witton Road/Trinity Road/Fentham Road and always get a spot on the street that side. The kids who used to try and charge to 'watch' you car have long gone now there are rarely any matchday tickets available.

Sunday early kick offs (12 when we play Small Heath or 2pm) are the worst, but otherwise, we are pretty fortunate. Getaway is generally ok these days.

Yes been about 6 years since the kids disappeared to run drugs as there is more money in that than minding cars. The last time for us was a Chelsea game about 6/7 years ago a kid was very aggressive to my son virtually demanding £5 , not something my lad would stand for, he's like me won't back down. I told him to come on to leave it and we went to the Queens Rd Police station and reported them demanding money with menaces and told them he had about £500 in a roll of notes on him, since that day I've never seen one of them.
Perhaps its not drugs at all it's now nicking Catalytic converters from under your car.

If you’ve got one of the cars that cat converters are being pinched from then you ought to get it secured before they do.

If you’ve got one of the cars that cat converters are being pinched from then you ought to get it secured before they do.

They come equipped with a Jack and an impact driver it's off in seconds. They might even just cut it off.
If you have an old landrover defender you're likely to have the doors and wings taken off it, if they can't nick the complete vehicle

i parked near the stadium last time i went, sorry can't recall which car park though, it was the game we were 2-1 up with about 8 minutes to go and classic Villa lost 3-2. I drove away furious
Yup Ashley Young missed a pen to make it 3-1 with about 10 mins to go and they scored 2 in the last 5 mins.