Match day parking | Vital Football

Match day parking

JFKenn

Vital Newbie
Evening all. I’ve just returned to the forum after a few years - so go easy!

I’m looking for some help or suggestions regarding secure matchday parking. For the last 10 years or so we’ve parked at the Sycamore school which was ideal for us coming from just outside Tamworth (just off first exit from the expressway). The guys who ran the parking allowed regulars to text and reserve a spot - which was great, particularly for evening games where it wasn’t easy to get to games well in advance. Unfortunately it appears the school aren’t allowing parking going forward!

just wondering if anyone can recommend any similar secure parking - particularly if they allow you to book a spot a day or so before? Even better if anyone has any contact details for those running the car parks 🤞🤞

look forward to hearing from anyone able to help.

Ohhhh, I see how it is. You only love us when you want something lol

I'm sure someone can help mate, but it's not me!

There’s a place off Holborn Hill (which is round the corner from Aston station towards Star city) which is called Gee Parking Centre, which I’ve used before. The app is called YourParkingSpace.

It’s a good 15 min walk to the ground but is quick to get out too if you head away from spaghetti.

I used powerleague because I like a pee but I don’t want more people parking there plus it’s cash only :grinning:

There are 2 schools on my way in that do reserved parking. King Edwards Aston , and one in Upper Sutton Street , but getting away from those is a nightmare. I have given up using either now and park further away for a quicker getaway.

There are 2 schools on my way in that do reserved parking. King Edwards Aston , and one in Upper Sutton Street , but getting away from those is a nightmare. I have given up using either now and park further away for a quicker getaway.
Thanks mate, yes I think I know the schools you mean - often seen the queues before and after games 😟

I park up Holborn hill just down from the villa tavern. Secure manned car park £5. The place Ginge (RIP) used to run, one of the old steamers lads

Thanks, I’m sure a couple of mates have used powerleague in the past - just meant getting there early. Think they said it tended to be more expensive than others in the area? That was my backup if I can’t find something -,but will checkout the Gee site 👍

Yeah, it’s more expensive at powerleague plus it’s cash. You can get around the £5-6 mark if you park in those places 5 mins from the ground but take an hour to get out. Gee business park is good for what you want, I have also parked around there on the industrial estate for free and not had any problems.

I can’t remember how much powerleague is, but nearer 10 than 5.

There’s a place off Holborn Hill (which is round the corner from Aston station towards Star city) which is called Gee Parking Centre, which I’ve used before. The app is called YourParkingSpace.

It’s a good 15 min walk to the ground but is quick to get out too if you head away from spaghetti.

I used powerleague because I like a pee but I don’t want more people parking there plus it’s cash only :grinning:

Thanks, I’m sure a couple of mates have used powerleague in the past - just meant getting there early. Think they said it tended to be more expensive than others in the area? That was my backup if I can’t find something -,but will checkout the Gee site

I just park outside the ATS tyre offices Upper Portland street 15/20 min walk straight in the car and down the expressway after the game and I've ever seen off the mind ya car please mate kids, who have obviously found drugs more lucrative
Never had a problem but you do have to get there a couple of hours before KO these days but we do that anyway always have.

It's free or you can park in a school car park and still be there at 6pm

Anyone remember the good times when you could park up on a grass verge and pay a local lad to watch the car for you? Parkings been a nightmare in recent years I've found, although we use powerleague now also. Fairly quick getaway if you get out the ground fast enough!

Anyone remember the good times when you could park up on a grass verge and pay a local lad to watch the car for you? Parkings been a nightmare in recent years I've found, although we use powerleague now also. Fairly quick getaway if you get out the ground fast enough!

Those Lads disappeared after the Chelsea game a few years ago, I went to Queen's rd Police and complained, they said they hadn't got the staff to deal with them. I pointed out they had the staff to ticket all the cars parked on the grass!

The kids at the time were taking money back to their "pimp" who was watching over them, I never used to mind giving a quid or whatever but when they started "demanding" £5 it was time to put an end to it. Let's be honest they are not the kids of the 60/70s collecting a few pence to get in the game. The one my son dealt with which made us go to the police had a roll of £20 notes must have been £500 and he didn't get that minding 15 cars.

Those Lads disappeared after the Chelsea game a few years ago, I went to Queen's rd Police and complained, they said they hadn't got the staff to deal with them. I pointed out they had the staff to ticket all the cars parked on the grass!

The kids at the time were taking money back to their "pimp" who was watching over them, I never used to mind giving a quid or whatever but when they started "demanding" £5 it was time to put an end to it. Let's be honest they are not the kids of the 60/70s collecting a few pence to get in the game. The one my son dealt with which made us go to the police had a roll of £20 notes must have been £500 and he didn't get that minding 15 cars.

Really? I never knew this! Glad its stopped now then, I'm happy in the powerleague car park. Dont get blocked in then, see so many car parks where cars are shoved in every little space thinking poor sods who got there first will have to wait for every other car to leave before they can!

My old man had a mini in the 70s. He just used to ask a few bigger guys heading to the game to help lift the car into tiny spaces, and out again afterwards. People were always up for it.

Yes, we parked there once, bloody hell we never got home until 7. I'm back by 5.30 where we park.
Yep closer you park to the ground the longer you'll be stuck there afterwards