Match day parking | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match day parking

i've never had an issue there, you dont get blocked in and its a quick getaway from Aston. Downside is its a 10-15 min walk to the ground
Don’t mind a walk - all part of matchday experience! Is this one the same as what Danvilla2 referred to earlier (Gee parking centre / business park)?

Agree with you here, it's worth the 15/20minute walk to and from the ground to save you time! Plus as far as stadiums go the walk to Villa Park isn't too bad, quite scenic depending on which way you walk!
We always walk down towards the Holte not sure why as it's far more scenic to walk through the grounds of Aston Hall, just something I've done for 50 years I suppose , old habits

I can't go to a home game without walking through the park. Done it for 50 odd years and not going to change but the parking on that side of Aston isn't great at all.
Depends where you have to get to and from, I'm home 40 mins after the game and that includes the 20 min walk. I work on the theory we park 300 yards from the expressway on the road.

Depends where you have to get to and from, I'm home 40 mins after the game and that includes the 20 min walk. I work on the theory we park 300 yards from the expressway on the road.

Yes I have started parking down by the old police horse depot. Easy to get away from there.

I'm sorry . But anyone who takes car parking advice from @sirdennis needs a head wobble .

How I laughed eating my dinner in the shire of Oxford post match as SD was still in the car park :rofl:.

(For time scales I am normally home by about 6:30pm ).:rofl:

I park canal side of Express way up by the Chinese supermarket. Further walk, normally back to car by 10 past 5 but gets me back to M6 quicker either by express way or going along to Spitfire Island past Dunlop. Have done for years. Not secure just on the industrial estates.
Used to get stuck parking by Sycamore in the estate there .

Has anyone had any problems in recent years with unsecured car parks? I normally go into a paid place, but the times I haven’t there hasn’t been a problem (and parked in some of the dodgier places) plus I’ve haven’t m seen any broken windows recently - if ever.

These days I park on the street towards Bartons Arms. Free, quite easy to get away but obviously it's on the street. Never had an issue though.
Any reason they stopped allowing you to park on the Holford Industrial estate? Apart from sheer pettiness...

Yes I have started parking down by the old police horse depot. Easy to get away from there.
Dumped the car five years ago,oldest Eco warrior in Brum. My gripe is the dreadful service of trains between Sutton and Aston. Going to the Villa is fine but the return journey is a nightmare. Fans are packed in like sardines, post match.With Covid seemingly with us long term, that return journey may be a death sentence to old codgers like me. Bad enough now with 40000 fans but when we increase our capacity to 50,maybe 60000,, God knows what chaos we will endure. The Villa have said in the past that they have contacted the Rail companies about this long standing problem but it appears that the Rail companies aren't listening.

Dumped the car five years ago,oldest Eco warrior in Brum. My gripe is the dreadful service of trains between Sutton and Aston. Going to the Villa is fine but the return journey is a nightmare. Fans are packed in like sardines, post match.With Covid seemingly with us long term, that return journey may be a death sentence to old codgers like me. Bad enough now with 40000 fans but when we increase our capacity to 50,maybe 60000,, God knows what chaos we will endure. The Villa have said in the past that they have contacted the Rail companies about this long standing problem but it appears that the Rail companies aren't listening.

The other alternative I was thinking of was the special bus service which goes from Tamworth. Think it’s about £6 and takes the hassle away. Only problem is I think it only runs for weekend games 🤔

The other alternative I was thinking of was the special bus service which goes from Tamworth. Think it’s about £6 and takes the hassle away. Only problem is I think it only runs for weekend games 🤔

Solid, reliable and I never had an issue with it in fairness. The only issue then was Tamworth bloody buses to actually get me the rest of the way home lol