Season Memberships | Page 12 | Vital Football

Season Memberships

I regularly thank my lucky stars I don’t work for a public facing service/organisation. You must need the patience of a saint.

Good email from the Club, highlighting some of the issues they face in terms of fans responses especially the free water. How anyone would write / phone / email about free water and it’s availability is beyond me. It may have been free to the end user but not free to those wanting to do a good turn for the supporters. Also not cheap, I would imagine those chilled trucks cost a bit if hired in.

As for the season membership, I’m not affected but the club do have its own website and other platforms. It’s club news not news for local radio I would suggest. For belts and braces perhaps the club should get the morse key out, HF always gets through.

The 6 P’s spring to mind on that one.

The problem with the free water was not the clubs fault. It was a brilliant gesture .
As I said before when I got to the end of the queue with several other people there wasn't any left.
This was down to the greed of certain supporters taking several bottles at a time and not sparing a thought for others . Unfortunately these people will never change and will always spoil it for everyone else.

Hi Liam

Following the first game ticketing problems there were bound to be similar problems on Saturday so why were there only 2 people on the desk able to issue tickets and the other stations were unmanned. That was one of the main topics of complaints from fans queueing up to be sorted at 3pm KO time in the ticket office.
I have since found out from the dad of the youngster I took to the game that he had a ST and a shirt offer last year but not the shirt this year so his ticket has technically changed. He never looks at any club emails etc, never uses social media and only gets his Imps news from BBC Lincs so had no idea there would be a problem.
Without sounding facetious if the club sends an E-mail with important information and your friend doesn’t read it I’m not sure what you expect the club to do? How do you suggest they communicate?

Without sounding facetious if the club sends an E-mail with important information and your friend doesn’t read it I’m not sure what you expect the club to do? How do you suggest they communicate?
I’m not defending my friend at all, I’m explaining why he wasn’t aware of the ticket issue, I had no idea he had changed his sons card details from the previous year.
My gripe was how short staffed the club were when they were expecting issues.

Hi Liam

Following the first game ticketing problems there were bound to be similar problems on Saturday so why were there only 2 people on the desk able to issue tickets and the other stations were unmanned. That was one of the main topics of complaints from fans queueing up to be sorted at 3pm KO time in the ticket office.
I have since found out from the dad of the youngster I took to the game that he had a ST and a shirt offer last year but not the shirt this year so his ticket has technically changed. He never looks at any club emails etc, never uses social media and only gets his Imps news from BBC Lincs so had no idea there would be a problem.

So if he does not read what the club are telling him, its not the clubs fault.

The problem with the free water was not the clubs fault. It was a brilliant gesture .
As I said before when I got to the end of the queue with several other people there wasn't any left.
This was down to the greed of certain supporters taking several bottles at a time and not sparing a thought for others . Unfortunately these people will never change and will always spoil it for everyone else.

There must of been plenty of spare bottles though as the stewards were bringing packs down to the other end of the stand in trolleys towards the end of the game.

Not that much of it got drunk.

I had my second shower of the day and alot of the 617 had their first shower of the summer holidays !!

There was water going everywhere.

So if the offer of free water was not there what would fans have done perhaps brought their own or gone without maybe. Perhaps that would have saved answering emails. Food for thought for the next time, do nothing it saves hassle.

Be careful what you wish for or email about such as the water or the Bowers & Pitsea FA Cup incident spring to mind. Perhaps the very people who turned this club of ours around may just decide the juice is not worth the squeeze anymore and walk.

People have to help themselves and not be spoon fed all the time. I dont know what else Liam and his colleagues could have done apart from maybe more on the ticket desk if there were only two, a thankless task and it is not their fault. They must have had to take some rubbish from some supporters totally unjustified.
UTI.

Good of Liam to come on here and explain the Club's position. Lack of available staff is a massive issue for many in the sport, leisure and entertainment industry at present, but clearly more were needed on the day.

On leaving, most fans were putting their empty bottles in a large bin provided for that purpose, it was three quarters full. What possessed a lady in front of me to also put most of a half eaten steak pie on top of those bottles defied any sort of logic.

Having the water was brilliant, you just had to use common sense to get the bottles, later others were brought around. It was a great gesture from the Club.

So if the offer of free water was not there what would fans have done perhaps brought their own or gone without maybe. Perhaps that would have saved answering emails. Food for thought for the next time, do nothing it saves hassle.

Be careful what you wish for or email about such as the water or the Bowers & Pitsea FA Cup incident spring to mind. Perhaps the very people who turned this club of ours around may just decide the juice is not worth the squeeze anymore and walk.
I’m sure the club realise it was a pitiful minority.

Good of Liam to come on here and explain the Club's position. Lack of available staff is a massive issue for many in the sport, leisure and entertainment industry at present, but clearly more were needed on the day.

On leaving, most fans were putting their empty bottles in a large bin provided for that purpose, it was three quarters full. What possessed a lady in front of me to also put most of a half eaten steak pie on top of those bottles defied any sort of logic.

Having the water was brilliant, you just had to use common sense to get the bottles, later others were brought around. It was a great gesture from the Club.

Whats the betting that the lady concerned will make a formal compaint over the steak pie.

Always amazes me that when something goes wrong it is the clubs fault.

I find it just as amazing that if anyone dare suggest that something could of been done better posters find it necessary to have a go (not suggesting you're one of them incidentally)

Part of the problem is that many supporters - me included - did not realise they had changed their membership category. When I came to renew my season ticket, I assumed Gold digital was correct because I received the programme digitally last year. That may be my fault, but I bet there were others caught out in the same way.

A new digital pass e-mailed yesterday, after the original failed on both opening games. Many thanks, Lincoln City, for sorting the problem. UTI