The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 484 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Glastonbury is bucket list for me and the wife too.

We applied for tickets pre-covid ehich had we got would have been for this year but we missed out. Bit gutting really as the wife is a HUGE Beatles fan so would have loved Macca and I love noel gallagher who is playing tonight.

Knowing our luck the year we finally get tickets it'll be wall to wall Adele and Ed Sheeran. 🤦

Mainly just want to go for the experience though. That many people all enjoying themselves (no matter how they choose to enjoy themselves, each to their own, not for me to judge) seems like it would be epic to me.

Only ever done 1 festival before. V-Festival about 15 years ago. Got very lucky with the lineup then. Oasis, The Killers, Fat Boy Slim, Pendulum, Snow Patrol, Biffy Clyro, Ocean Colour Scene,Keane. Amazing really.

Anyway back to TV. I'll be watching noel tonight on the pyramid stage at 7pm.

Don’t get that. You agree that they move with the times then say give me a break about the headliners.

The two things for me aren't mutually exclusive, I just don't think those acts are true headliners, but music is always subjective so it depends on your personal tastes.

There is usually something else to watch, If I was there I'd probably have gone and watched Foals as the headline act play last night, but honestly there isn't anything in that line up that makes me have any type of FOMO.

Anyway, we should probably take this to another thread before Fear and Fieldy shout at us.

In 1970 it cost just £1 to get in to Glastonbury. Today £285. And what will you get for your money, tonights headliner an 80 year old bloke who sounds like an 80 year old bloke.

You know when you were growing up and your parents thought modern music was shit and what you listened to was shit.
That’s what the last 24 hours has been like on here with you old fogies.:lol:

There are loads of great bands and great music at Glastonbury.

Altogether now ….when I was a lad…

I looked at my CDs and thought about the bands I have seen on the TV from Glastonbury over the years who I'd never really heard of but liked and went out and bought some of their music or went to a gig to see them.

The Cocteau Twins?
Pulp.
Arcade Fire.
The Killers.
Kaiser Chiefs.
Everything But The Girl.
The Bootleg Beatles.
Hot Chip.

So although still an old fart but maybe not as bad as I thought:lol: