Summer transfer window thread | Page 141 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

raddy, there have been so many games this season, where we crying out for just that. The times we should have gone in 5 up at HT yet didn't?

I think a big direct striker will be a plus given that we will be playing a counter attacking style. What i liked about watching his goals last season is that anywhere near the box he looks like he fancies a go, and can score.

I bet they showed him a youtube of BJ and said thats the kid gonna supply you. Done deal.

they haven't got a fucking clue :thumbup:

(I'm not REALLY calling you a racist by the way)

And 'people of colour' might not actually be this week's 'acceptable' description for the woke)

No worries I have lost my woke dictionary. Not so sure what woke means apart from not asleep, so if you’re not woke does that mean you’re asleep?

Is that percentiles chart normalised by the German league or has someone clever made it relevant to premier league players?

I'm excited about this signing. From the youtube, he doesn't seem to hit it hard (or even particularly crisply) but he rolls it into the corners on a regular basis and that's good enough for me.

What is surprising is that he is tall but scores no headers. Seems to only win defensive aerial duels. Is he the stereotypical "50p head" with "good feet for a big man"?

Is that percentiles chart normalised by the German league or has someone clever made it relevant to premier league players?

I'm excited about this signing. From the youtube, he doesn't seem to hit it hard (or even particularly crisply) but he rolls it into the corners on a regular basis and that's good enough for me.

What is surprising is that he is tall but scores no headers. Seems to only win defensive aerial duels. Is he the stereotypical "50p head" with "good feet for a big man"?
It's to the Bundesliga.

The lack of headers may also be about style of play rather than ability

It's to the Bundesliga.

The lack of headers may also be about style of play rather than ability
Thanks. It is certainly a difficult chart to interpret if it incorporates all the players in the league. You would expect all the strikers to come out with that sort of shape. And for the strikers in any single team to be in the 80+ percentile of that team, and therefore around the same when you scale it up to include the whole league.
So I can't really make out if being around the 80th/90th percentile makes him one of the better or worse strikers in the German league but I'm thinking about average (which is fine by me). If it was only comparing all the strikers, obviously that would put him amongst the very best.

Anyway, I'm not complaining - very grateful for the stats, as ever, Pope.
I'm looking forward optimistically to seeing what this guy - our record signing - can do.

Thanks. It is certainly a difficult chart to interpret if it incorporates all the players in the league. You would expect all the strikers to come out with that sort of shape. And for the strikers in any single team to be in the 80+ percentile of that team, and therefore around the same when you scale it up to include the whole league.
So I can't really make out if being around the 80th/90th percentile makes him one of the better or worse strikers in the German league but I'm thinking about average (which is fine by me). If it was only comparing all the strikers, obviously that would put him amongst the very best.

Anyway, I'm not complaining - very grateful for the stats, as ever, Pope.
I'm looking forward optimistically to seeing what this guy - our record signing - can do.
I like the look of him from the YouTube clips. Reminiscent of the original ( and best) Ronaldo in style of play - if he’s a quarter of that he will do!