Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach | Vital Football

Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach

JNB90

Vital Squad Member
News just in on official twitter.

I did think, hmmmm….underwhelming at first.

but looking at his CV, it’s quite impressive. One of only 16 coaches worldwide to hold a UEFA Elite coaching badge.

Just recently the Blackpool manager, guiding them to promotion in his first senior role.

thought it was his assistant that was linked - garrity ?
so assistant coach, who coaches, to be replaced by manager who I guess still coaches.
Maybe the new assistant coach, who may coach, will bring along an assistant to the assistant coach to do the coaching if the new assistant doesn't do coaching ?

get in - never have too many pool links hey la

Wow. What a fantastic appointment. He was top of my wish list. As a Blackpool resident I have seen what he has achieved and the football Blackpool have played with one of the lowest budgets in the Championship. I would have been sad for Blackpool to lose him to anywhere else, but delighted to have him leave for us. Excellent in all respects and presumably poached By SG after knowing him so well from their time together at Anfield. After losing Beale the importance of this appointment should not be underestimated - a 100% proper replacement, and maybe even an upgrade!! UTV (and hopefully still utmp in lower case too).

I think this it is a good appointment. Seemingly very qualified and did a good job at Blackpool. Funny that Beale leaves for a Championship club whilst Critchley leaves a Championship club for us. He must feel more comfortable as a number two.

Not someone I know much about but he does seem to have done a cracking job at Blackpool. Surprised he's stepping back from being number one to a coaching role but clearly he's not concerned about being the main man. Nice to see it all wrapped up quickly

I think with Blackpool being totally skint, he probably thinks it will be difficult to progress any further there.

I think this it is a good appointment. Seemingly very qualified and did a good job at Blackpool. Funny that Beale leaves for a Championship club whilst Critchley leaves a Championship club for us. He must feel more comfortable as a number two.

Or maybe he's our next manager in waiting, after we win the Europa League in 2025 and SG leaves for Liverpool. Only excellent as manager at Bpool - but this is obviously an upward career move.