Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach | Page 3 | Vital Football

Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach

I wonder if UEFA do a course on how to pepper spray fans in the face when they are at the turnstile. More their style.

I think this it is a good appointment. Seemingly very qualified and did a good job at Blackpool. Funny that Beale leaves for a Championship club whilst Critchley leaves a Championship club for us. He must feel more comfortable as a number two.

If I were to guess I'd say he knows that this massively improves his career prospects as a #1. He has to do a lot with Blackpool to even get a Premier Lge job but now he is adding more hands-on experience with superstars like Coutinho and more players like him will come through the door. If he is successful here he likely has a shot at any of the other EPL clubs outside the top 6.

Beale goes to QPR and then Critchley joins us. I'm gonna put a few quid on Warburton to be the next Blackpool manager.

If I were to guess I'd say he knows that this massively improves his career prospects as a #1. He has to do a lot with Blackpool to even get a Premier Lge job but now he is adding more hands-on experience with superstars like Coutinho and more players like him will come through the door. If he is successful here he likely has a shot at any of the other EPL clubs outside the top 6.

more money for less pressure
finishing 16th in the championship I'd suspect is not the most secure of positions.
Half a dozen bad results and he'd have been gone.

The bottom line is he's a coach and he's got the job because of who he knows, I think most of us have got a job because of that in our lives then not wanted to let down the person who swung it for us.
Football is about experience and ability, not qualifications. It's about thinking outside the box about your own ideas, you can teach the basics but the rest is stored up in your head.

The bottom line is he's a coach and he's got the job because of who he knows, I think most of us have got a job because of that in our lives then not wanted to let down the person who swung it for us.
Football is about experience and ability, not qualifications. It's about thinking outside the box about your own ideas, you can teach the basics but the rest is stored up in your head.

How do you know if you have the ability if you’re not qualified…?!

I agree to an extent; I’ve seen some very good coaches who haven't a qualification at all. But it has to be verified at some point.

How do you know if you have the ability if you’re not qualified…?!

I agree to an extent; I’ve seen some very good coaches who haven't a qualification at all. But it has to be verified at some point.

I coached an under 14 side to the league undefeated all season, my only qualification was I'd watched the Villa for 25 years at the time. Brilliant time, I met one of the boys the other day at my granddaughter's school picnic, he's now a 41-year-old man and he introduced me to his own lad. You can't imagine how proud I was but I never had a single football qualification.

Now I don't think you're even allowed to coach kids without some sort of certificate

I coached an under 14 side to the league undefeated all season, my only qualification was I'd watched the Villa for 25 years at the time. Brilliant time, I met one of the boys the other day at my granddaughter's school picnic, he's now a 41-year-old man and he introduced me to his own lad. You can't imagine how proud I was but I never had a single football qualification.

Now I don't think you're even allowed to coach kids without some sort of certificate

Probably depends on the club. I coached on and off for 6 years at 2 clubs. I had to do the FA level 1 course which is the basic. Where as when I jacked it in for work reasons another parent took over and never did a course .

Quite right as well.

Probably depends on the club. I coached on and off for 6 years at 2 clubs. I had to do the FA level 1 course which is the basic. Where as when I jacked it in for work reasons another parent took over and never did a course .
I put it before doing a degree through work, so I gave up a hell of a lot for those lads .
A lot of my mates were doing degrees in their 30s and I was coaching football to kids. Just think I missed out on a degree in business studies or some other bollocks for football :ROFLMAO:
I'd do it all again as well

You'd fail your DBS check nowadays. :grinning:
More than likely. We played at Rowley College once, the kids were 11 at the time and this ref decides to walk naked out of the shower in front of all the lads, much sniggering from the boys. Looking back there really wasn't any need for a grown man to do that was there, I think he could have been a perv?
So yes I think that is a good thing they've brought in.
If I'd have had to have a coaching certificate our team would have folded and most of the lads would have never played football as their parents weren't the sort to take them to existing clubs. Plus most of my lads weren't good enough, they just wanted to play football with their school mates

More than likely. We played at Rowley College once, the kids were 11 at the time and this ref decides to walk naked out of the shower in front of all the lads, much sniggering from the boys. Looking back there really wasn't any need for a grown man to do that was there, I think he could have been a perv?
So yes I think that is a good thing they've brought in.
If I'd have had to have a coaching certificate our team would have folded and most of the lads would have never played football as their parents weren't the sort to take them to existing clubs. Plus most of my lads weren't good enough, they just wanted to play football with their school mates

Parents don’t realise/appreciate the effort and time that goes into running even a kids side

Having said that I took it far too seriously at the start. Then as I went on i just realised that I was there purely to facilitate these kids having fun with mates, keeping off the streets and getting exercise . None of them were in the universe of making it, so who cares.

Bloke at work runs a girls team and I laugh at how serious he takes it. I just say to him you will come to realisation that it doesn’t matter and you will regret how seriously you took it. It isn’t for the coaches it’s for the kids and I think
grown adult wannabe Pep’s forget it sometimes.