Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach | Page 2 | Vital Football

Neil Critchley Appointed as Assistant Head Coach

Reading about both of them (Beale and Critchley), I get the impression we’ve done very very well with this.
One of only 16 coaches worldwide to have UEFAs
elite badge. Impressive.
You can get lots of badges in the boyscouts. I wonder who else has them. For us anybody who can help us play consistently well over 2 halves.

thought it was his assistant that was linked - garrity ?
so assistant coach, who coaches, to be replaced by manager who I guess still coaches.
Maybe the new assistant coach, who may coach, will bring along an assistant to the assistant coach to do the coaching if the new assistant doesn't do coaching ?

get in - never have too many pool links hey la

I need to sit down.........

Well, don't think anyone saw this coming. Welcome Neil, never even realised you were managing Blackpool.
With this appointment, so soon after losing Beale, plus our early transfer forays, shows the club has a clear and concise plan and can implement it without letting the proverbial cat out the bag before it's officially announced.
Won't pretend to know anything about him, other than vaguely remember him as a player. Early feedback suggests he's a good coach with the right coaching credentials.
Massive difference to last season when JT and ROK left pre season and threw us into meltdown.
Hopefully it doesn't mean we'll be signing Delfounso as our new striker 😁

You can get lots of badges in the boyscouts. I wonder who else has them. For us anybody who can help us play consistently well over 2 halves.

I get your point but these “badges” aren’t given out willy-nilly. As someone who has a decent coaching qual, I know the graft and commitment that goes into them.
But at Prem level, to get someone who has this kind of ‘badge’ they must be something special with regards to coaching and tactics.
Couple that with leaving managing a Championship side (who I believe play good football) to come to us - I believe - can only mean good things.

There are a couple of articles about Blackpool Tactics that you can google that talk about how he had them set up and playing. It fits right in with what it appears we are doing in the transfer market right now. Should be interesting and I'm looking forward to the season to come.

I presume he's worked with SG at Liverpool and will have the same ideas etc.
Critchley is the higher qualified coach but Stevie Gee has the name. Possibly a good combination, one attracts top players the other knows how to coach. One was a top player the other played one game for Crewe.

I'm really pleased about this appointment. It's good that we've acted quickly and decisively.
Must take some doing getting a bloke to give up a top role at a championship club to e assistant at a PL club when Beale has just done the opposite.
There again 600k a year or whatever is more than he'll be on at Blackpool

Must take some doing getting a bloke to give up a top role at a championship club to e assistant at a PL club when Beale has just done the opposite.
There again 600k a year or whatever is more than he'll be on at Blackpool
Exactly!

It will also be a good thing for him to have on his CV. If SG does get the boot I would imagine he would get a chance, however limited, to take over. If he is a success with us - the sky's the limit