Next Season | Vital Football

Next Season

Comfy mid table. But if Liam is as shrewd again with his signings could be another exciting season.

Too early to say but I would be we are really a year ahead of schedule so I would presume the goal would be to avoid relegation and possibly mid table but the championship isn't what it was 5 or 6 years ago. We're a club with a feel good factor and momentum and a fresh financial slate in the last 12 months. I'm hoping for a cheeky playoff push after a good sumer of recruitment. Am I dreaming? Well if one club allows you to dream its the latics.

We will need to see who we sign.

There aren't many proven young Championship players coming out of contract we are going to be able to attract so we'll likely be looking at players who are getting on a bit and have been good at this level in the past but their current clubs gave up on. We'll also be looking at players who've excelled in L1, SPL, Prem youth teams etc but are unproven in the Championship. Our recruitment last year was pretty straight forward as we were offering good money and one of the most attractive clubs at our level, next we're going to have to be more clever as our rivals will probably be more attractive and better paying in many cases.

If we can find gems who all hit the ground running we could end up suprising everyone. I think back to Huddersfield a few years ago, were rubbish and barley survived in one season then the following year got 5 youngsters on loan from the Prem and a few lads from overseas no one had ever heard of and they turned into a great side and got promoted when people thought they'd most likely be scrapping for survival.

It's easier said than done finding those gems others overlook but it can be done.

Last edited:
Not a clue but hope the home performances are a lot more awe inspiring than some of those boring performances at home last year. Possibly think a reverse of last season with a better home than away effort.

The owners have a 5 year plan, we are ahead of schedule in getting promotion so it seems logical that the owners wont want to go backwards so they are going to have to make sure that doesent happen by signing the quality we need to stay up. It will be very interesting to see just how much ambition they have.

We don’t do mid table so it’s either a promotion push or relegation battle. Realistically it’s the latter. However with some shrewd investment we should have nothing to fear.

Always going to be hard first season at this level. Now we are up we can’t afford to go back down.If Blackpool can stay up there is no reason we can’t. But it’s going to the loan market that needs to be used well

The owners have a 5 year plan, we are ahead of schedule in getting promotion so it seems logical that the owners wont want to go backwards so they are going to have to make sure that doesent happen by signing the quality we need to stay up. It will be very interesting to see just how much ambition they have.
Exactly.
If plan for Yr 1 was stabalise yr2 go up Yr 3 championship.

Now a relegation means Yr 3 is league 1 again they need to ensure that doesn't happen

Just so long as we finish 15 - 18 it will have been a successful season. Anything above that will be a bonus. We can then hopefully establish ourselves and push on to mid table / push for playoffs the following season or two.