Thommo | Vital Football

Thommo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a shame. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I loved his dry humour. Obviously not up on who the opposition players were most of the time but his vast knowledge of the game showed in how he read the game and being able to explain to the oft confused excitable commentators what was actually going on. “It’s a goal Michael”

Always entertaining, if a little repeptitive - it will be interesting to see who gets the gig in his place?

Retired or pushed? I know he has not been too well.

He is the best summariser we have on Radio Lincolnshire. Some of his one liners are brilliant, others of course can make you wince. He has been very entertaining especially for exiles along way away.

Please don’t replace him with a quiet, monotone borefest.

Good luck Thommo.

Last edited:
Great player for us and very much a fixture in the team during my formative years watching The Imps.

Unfortunately divides opinion today as does everything in our society with the extremists and intolerant people who constantly moan and criticise but can't see they are part of the problem.

A happy retirement Thommo and I for one am sad to see you go.

Retired or pushed?

He is the best summariser we have on Radio Lincolnshire. Some of his one liners are brilliant, others of course can make you wince. He has been very entertaining especially for exiles along way away.

Please don’t replace him with a quiet, monotone borefest.

Indeed. A man at the top of the commentary game, cut off in his prime. A victim of the woke, lefty BBC. Where will this madness end? Nazi Germany, that’s where!

Indeed. A man at the top of the commentary game, cut off in his prime. A victim of the woke, lefty BBC. Where will this madness end? Nazi Germany, that’s where!

You come across as very bitter! Your constant sniping and sarcasm don't mask the intolerance with other people you clearly have.

Why can't you just respect all views?

I noticed he didn't always travel and they did mention on occasion his health so I hope he is ok and hasn't prompted this move.

I will miss his contribution as they were usually both astute to the game and entertaining. Hone and Walker both seem decent replacements if that's the plan.

Easily the best of our co-commentators. He will be missed.

My good wishes to him, and I am sure most will wish him well too (apart from MaineRoad that is, who doesn't wish anyone well with his ridiculous comments).

Status
Not open for further replies.