An Update From Liam Scully | Page 2 | Vital Football

An Update From Liam Scully

Personally hope we don’t go for a points-based system for away games.

Liam is absolutely spot on in his view that it’s difficult to define and rank loyalty.

The current system works just fine, and I don’t see the value of a “loyalty scheme” unless we are selling out for every away game.

I was nervous about getting tickets for 5 of us for Charlton this week, thinking there’d be no chance. With 3 sleeps to go, the tickets are still available on general sale.

We’re not ready for a points-based system - yet.

Have to rename the 617 to "The Co-op Choristers" or something, but I wouldn't make a song and dance about it.

I dont think a persons political bias has anything to do with this, im certainly more left than right but whilst trying to maintain a sense of proportion to this its the principal behind it that sticks in the throat a bit, we are albeit in a marginal way allowing a dictator in Russia to influence our way of life, our tradition. I get why the air siren might need to be put on hold given we are inviting our Ukranian friends into our localities and it wouldnt be particularly sensitive of us given their plight to set off another air siren given the unimaginable fear that noise must have installed in them, but the dam buster!!! I for one , in the unlikely event of seeing us score will make a point of doing the dambuster loud and proud, simply because "its ours" and i dont like the thought that we are having to adjust our ways because of a war criminal.

Personally hope we don’t go for a points-based system for away games.

Liam is absolutely spot on in his view that it’s difficult to define and rank loyalty.

The current system works just fine, and I don’t see the value of a “loyalty scheme” unless we are selling out for every away game.

I was nervous about getting tickets for 5 of us for Charlton this week, thinking there’d be no chance. With 3 sleeps to go, the tickets are still available on general sale.

We’re not ready for a points-based system - yet.

So it's a points based system for away tickets.. is it? This is what I'm just assuming so please put me right if anyone has any definitive answers or better assumptions.

So if you are a home season ticket holder and you attend away matches aswell you have so many points for attending the home games then you add to that your points for attending away games and that gives you your total amount of points and that gives you a ranking on where you stand on either getting an away ticket or not?

Or is it just based on how many away games you go to? If so there are some people who only attend away games so they are going to rack up alot of points therefore have a better chance of getting an away ticket than someone who has forked the best part of £400 for a home season ticket but don't attend many away games

All sounds a bit complicated to me.
I'd just go back to giving the tickets for those who are prepared to que up the longest.
Oh yeah and then them who live away will be kicking off cos they can't get to Lincoln to que up.

Good luck to the club in sorting this one out.

So it's a points based system for away tickets.. is it? This is what I'm just assuming so please put me right if anyone has any definitive answers or better assumptions.

So if you are a home season ticket holder and you attend away matches aswell you have so many points for attending the home games then you add to that your points for attending away games and that gives you your total amount of points and that gives you a ranking on where you stand on either getting an away ticket or not?

Or is it just based on how many away games you go to? If so there are some people who only attend away games so they are going to rack up alot of points therefore have a better chance of getting an away ticket than someone who has forked the best part of £400 for a home season ticket but don't attend many away games

I'd just go back to giving the tickets for those who are prepared to que up the longest.
Oh yeah and then them who live away will be kicking off cos they can't get to Lincoln to que up.

Think Scully mentioned that the most loyal fans will get an over-60s discount on their Season Tickets.

The club could do worse than talk to Posh about their ticketing system (also ticketmaster). Dont know all the details about how points are awarded but i do know it came into its own in the recent cup game v Man City. Priority was given to st holders then went down to two other slots whereby fans with over a certain threshold of points got theirs which ensured anyone watching Posh games this season got a ticket before anyone who didnt. And thats how it should be. Im sure we could tailor it to our own needs even if it isn't perfect.

Personally I don't agree at all with the ban regarding the Dambuster's March but will reluctantly respect a temporary hold on the playing of the music. I also hope to see the fans celebrating goals with the Dambuster's and expect that to be respected if they do.

I look to hold the club to it's word to review the decision at the earliest opportunity, and if they do the right thing and reinstate the music accordingly, this shouldn't be divisive, merely a hiatus.

As has been mentioned the city and county is inexorably linked to the RAF and that particular piece of music is a fitting tribute to the horrendous sacrifice of thousands of young men who flew locally, that had no option other than to take to the air in flying crates - having the worst mortality rates of any branch in the armed services during WWII. It respects our ongoing connections with the RAF and recognition of their sacrifices.

Personally I don't agree at all with the ban regarding the Dambuster's March but will reluctantly respect a temporary hold on the playing of the music. I also hope to see the fans celebrating goals with the Dambuster's and expect that to be respected if they do.

I look to hold the club to it's word to review the decision at the earliest opportunity, and if they do the right thing and reinstate the music accordingly, this shouldn't be divisive, merely a hiatus.

As has been mentioned the city and county is inexorably linked to the RAF and that particular piece of music is a fitting tribute to the horrendous sacrifice of thousands of young men who flew locally, that had no option other than to take to the air in flying crates - having the worst mortality rates of any branch in the armed services during WWII. It respects our ongoing connections with the RAF and recognition of their sacrifices.

Amen

Hear hear. I hope it doesn’t stop 617 singing the Dambusters March when we score. Oh, hang on - should we ask the group to change their name while we are about it 🤔. I don’t disagree with Liam and the club (&am glad they will be reviewing during the close season when, hopefully the Russian invasion of Ukraine is over), but I do feel its maybe going a bit far. So much more could be said on this.

Hear hear. I hope it doesn’t stop 617 singing the Dambusters March when we score. Oh, hang on - should we ask the group to change their name while we are about it 🤔. I don’t disagree with Liam and the club (&am glad they will be reviewing during the close season when, hopefully the Russian invasion of Ukraine is over), but I do feel its maybe going a bit far. So much more could be said on this.

I read something on Twitter saying a number of the 617’s flags had been binned without the groups knowledge as well. these flags were supporter funded and paid for by the group and donations.

So the 617 may not be the happiest group right now.

Last edited: