An Update From Liam Scully | Vital Football

An Update From Liam Scully

I understand the air raid sirens, given what is happening in eastern Europe.
Not sure about the dambusters though. Suppose it may well be the same reasoning.

This decision has really got me going (upset) even more than being no Bovril at half time (and certain posters know my feeling about that).

So are the club now going to pixilate the Bomber Command Memorial spire out, ban the BBMF and Red Arrows flying over the club.....

So what is going to be played instead?

Can I suggest the following:

The Sound of Freedom

A total miss calculation by the club on this decision.

Not really understanding the significance of these items when men gave there lifes to grant to give us freedom.

To be honest this will play into Putin's media machine on RT1.
Was this menat to be in olive? As if Putin gives 2 shits about what a 3rd rate, 3rd tier football club in England is doing. :rofl:

I thought the lefties were the snowflakes...turns out it's the nationalist boomers that get their knickers in a twist about minor inconveniences.

This decision has really got me going (upset) even more than being no Bovril at half time (and certain posters know my feeling about that).

So are the club now going to pixilate the Bomber Command Memorial spire out, ban the BBMF and Red Arrows flying over the club.....

So what is going to be played instead?

Can I suggest the following:

The Sound of Freedom

That sound certainly brings back memories of my childhood!

Was this menat to be in olive? As if Putin gives 2 shits about what a 3rd rate, 3rd tier football club in England is doing. :rofl:

I thought the lefties were the snowflakes...turns out it's the nationalist boomers that get their knickers in a twist about minor inconveniences.

So you would really hate this nationalist song

I understand the issue with the siren, and it can be very annoying. To a point I can see an issue with the Dambusters March, given we are at time of war in Europe. What I was not aware of, and was hoping this thread might answer, was how did all this get brought before the supporters board? What was the issue/complaint all about?

At the moment we are clasping at straws as to the reason behind the temporary policy. I might not agree with the complaint/issue, but I need to know what it is before I can even begin to understand. Even if I don’t agree, I want to support the compromise the club is trying to navigate.

It all seems a bit out of the blue. (D’ya see what I did there?)

I understand the air raid sirens, given what is happening in eastern Europe.
Not sure about the dambusters though. Suppose it may well be the same reasoning.

I half understand it however the countries the West has bombed in the last 20 years alone is probably double figures and no-one banned anything. I get it but I don't get it. It's almost as if Western Europe has suddenly thought "I don't mind those Middle Eastern chappies getting bombed, but Ukraine is a bit closer to home"! Certainly feels very selective.

As for the Dambusters March- the club can decide not to play it but the fans will still ring out renditions of it both home and away when we score. Always thought heaven helps us if we ever play Man Utd in a cup game and score.....and do the Dambusters (the wings out plane sign is something certain clubs do when playing MU to remind them of Munich).

Dont see why a War Criminal hiding in Moscow should have any influence at all what we do at SB, the siren and Dambuster March partly defines Lincoln City and County, sets us aside from other Clubs. They will want to stop the Lancaster flying over SB next and frightening MKD ! Get a grip.
UTI.

Last edited:
I don't mind the air raid siren stopping personally, but the cancelling ofThe Dambusters theme is based on a misunderstanding of its meaning, I believe. Liam should read Max Hastings' book on the raid. The raid was an incredibly brave, self-sacrificial act by the air-crews. Many didn't return. It struck at Nazism; it infuriated Hitler. It's a part of Lincolnshire''s past and an anti-fascist act, so to be remembered, not put to one side.UTI!

siren use was mainly to bolster attacking menace. we are hardly a threat from corners any more. And the attacking freekicks tend to go short, then sideways, then backwards. So not much use for the siren is there…