January transfer window | Page 16 | Vital Football

January transfer window

25m for Wood? There's one.
We have to wait and see what Wood does on the pitch Neps.

His valuation was mad like, but our owners who are reported to be worth approximately £320bn were willing to pay 0.0078125 % of their fortune to secure his services.

Eddie Howe probably went 'fuck it, okay then'.

His valuation was mad like, but our owners who are reported to be worth approximately £320bn were willing to pay 0.0078125 % of their fortune to secure his services.

In regards to valuation, I agree it is indeed mad because PIF only own 80% of the club and their £320 billion valuation comes from 2020. Ive heard their current worth is anywhere between £360b and £700b but they're predicted to be the top investment fund in a few years with more than a trillion knocking about.

All this is immaterial because they may or may not go mad with spending but you'd guess they will on the training ground etc.

The other 20% share of the Toon is owned by Amanda Staveley and her PCP Capital Partners who aren't flush but not exactly skint and not forgetting the Reuben Brothers who on their own are pretty much on a par with Man City's sovereign fund so funding Chris Wood would have been on a par with letting the corner shop keeping the penny change to us.

If we stay up then our transfer record could be beaten a fair few times this Summer and with that an ultra spend. Even then it still wouldn't have touched the sides.

In regards to valuation, I agree it is indeed mad because PIF only own 80% of the club and their £320 billion valuation comes from 2020. Ive heard their current worth is anywhere between £360b and £700b but they're predicted to be the top investment fund in a few years with more than a trillion knocking about.

All this is immaterial because they may or may not go mad with spending but you'd guess they will on the training ground etc.

The other 20% share of the Toon is owned by Amanda Staveley and her PCP Capital Partners who aren't flush but not exactly skint and not forgetting the Reuben Brothers who on their own are pretty much on a par with Man City's sovereign fund so funding Chris Wood would have been on a par with letting the corner shop keeping the penny change to us.

If we stay up then our transfer record could be beaten a fair few times this Summer and with that an ultra spend. Even then it still wouldn't have touched the sides.

Love your optimism 🤣

Trippier a great signing.

A Brazilian unknown.

Burn? From Brighton? Villa's second choice left back? Richest club in the world?

Do me a favour.

Exactly, so why not pay 0.1% of their fortune on someone decent?

Love your optimism 🤣

Trippier a great signing.

A Brazilian unknown.

Burn? From Brighton? Villa's second choice left back? Richest club in the world?

Do me a favour.
Based on toony's assertions we have being gifted with anywhere between 0.00694444444444 and 0.00357142857143 % of the PIF's fortune :yes:

They have stated on many occasions that they will invest in the infrastructure of both the club and the city, while to the chagrin of many rival supporters and owners have spunked what they would see as large amounts of cash on two players past their sell by dates.
That's enough intent to convince me off their intentions :grinning:

I get where you are coming from though Neps but it's a million miles away from Ashley like and that in itself is reason for optimism.

Exactly, so why not pay 0.1% of their fortune on someone decent?
We only hear the garbage Sky and co were pumping out regarding bids, clubs are clearly not into selling in this window and the available players were not all our managers cup of tea as he clearly stated he was not interested in players who wanted clauses in their contracts allowing them to do a runner if we were relegated.

Based on toony's assertions we have being gifted with anywhere between 0.00694444444444 and 0.00357142857143 % of the PIF's fortune :yes:

They have stated on many occasions that they will invest in the infrastructure of both the club and the city, while to the chagrin of

I get where you are coming from though Neps but it's a million miles away from Ashley like and that in itself is reason for optimism.

It's not though, is it?

We only hear the garbage Sky and co were pumping out regarding bids, clubs are clearly not into selling in this window and the available players were not all our managers cup of tea as he clearly stated he was not interested in players who wanted clauses in their contracts allowing them to do a runner if we were relegated.

And yet the new Socrates "bought into the project".

🤣🤣🤣

It’s lack of goal scorers that I am concerned about but we shall see what happens starting next week v Everton.

How do you know that is true rza ?

Pretty sure they stopped negotiating for Botman then went back later in the window with an improved bid. There was also lingard, despite the going on at man Utd it looked like they had zero intention of letting him go to us. Then there was ekitike where we had a bid accepted later on and the player decided not to come.