January Signings | Page 25 | Vital Football

January Signings

Not happening pal
its the blades way
I would rather put Gordon in and give him experience than sign a Liverpool youngster on loan,who failed at Swansea. We have no money but waste millions with poor decisions. The appointment of Slav but no money to change the squad being a prime example. How much has that restricted our transfer chances. Hecky said he would rather have permanent signings and I agree. Another manager who is going to need the patience of a saint with the Prince as owner.

So let’s do a summary. £330,000 for Moose, £50,000 for Slater and about £130,000 per week saved in wages. Let’s say the keeper is on £15,000 a week. That is a net saving on wages of £6 million per annum. Hecky has done exactly what he was tasked to do from a cost reduction point of view. Now what Prince ?.
Find a way to cover the £9.7m loss, plus wages, on Mousset?

Find a way to cover the £9.7m loss, plus wages, on Mousset?
We cant but how many players make their clubs a profit ? It can be argued his goals in the first season paid for his fee so he owed us nothing, good move for us just to shift his wages cos he wouldn’t play for us again for sure

We can’t keep looking back as we can’t change that. As a club we have got to move forward and plan better.
That's all good and well BfL but that just ignores the fact that money makes the world go round.
If your own income dropped by , say 50%, would you still spend the same amount on non essentials and bugger the mortgage or would you ensure you kept a roof over your head?

That's all good and well BfL but that just ignores the fact that money makes the world go round.
If your own income dropped by , say 50%, would you still spend the same amount on non essentials and bugger the mortgage or would you ensure you kept a roof over your head?
That’s what we’re trying to do isn’t it by getting the big earners off the wage bill

That’s what we’re trying to do isn’t it by getting the big earners off the wage bill
That's what I'm saying Bully- you have to cut your cloth accordingly.

What a disaster, what a legacy those abysmal,waste of money signings are leaving.Possibly a bigger mess from 2 PL years than the Robson debacle.

I would never be in that position because I run my life with a plan and make measured decisions. Unlike the Prince and his team.

I would never be in that position because I run my life with a plan and make measured decisions. Unlike the Prince and his team.
Same here BfL but all that 'due diligence, must fit in, must be suitable, have the right character' bullshit from CW has unravelled spectacularly.

Putting your trust in a man so bad at buying players, who had actually achieved a miracle before that, would make it difficult for any owner

Same here BfL but all that 'due diligence, must fit in, must be suitable, have the right character' bullshit from CW has unravelled spectacularly.

Putting your trust in a man so bad at buying players, who had actually achieved a miracle before that, would make it difficult for any owner
Amazin how you stick up for the prince and yet you blame a BLADE for everything be it our Chris or Mr McCabe before that TT. I think De Moose's form in that first season in the prem made his transfer fee more than acceptable(pity his attitude has been so poor since) but hey ho each to their own. UTB

I agree but at the time we all wanted McBurnie. Berge was not Wilders signing. The 2 dog signings were Moose and Burke. I have always thought Brewster will come good but we needed ready to go not potential. Not reinforcing midfield got us relegated and in that case I think the Prince was just as guilty.

Wilder made mistakes with his recruitment - most people learn from mistakes first time round.....Boro will probably benefit

Amazin how you stick up for the prince and yet you blame a BLADE for everything be it our Chris or Mr McCabe before that TT. I think De Moose's form in that first season in the prem made his transfer fee more than acceptable(pity his attitude has been so poor since) but hey ho each to their own. UTB
Better to read the post than do your normal, predictable "knee jerk" to anything I post regarding owners.
I said CW had achieved a miracle so would be trusted so how would any owner be prepared for him to be so poor at buying strikers.If you see that as 'blame' so be it.
Like anyone you have to judge them over their whole time not just cherry pick the good bits and 9 goals in 93 games might well be acceptable to you but, when it comes with a lack of fitness that is totally unprofessional and shows only poor attitude and character which 'one of or own' always told everyone was a major priority of his player signing, you have to question that claim.

I agree but at the time we all wanted McBurnie. Berge was not Wilders signing. The 2 dog signings were Moose and Burke. I have always thought Brewster will come good but we needed ready to go not potential. Not reinforcing midfield got us relegated and in that case I think the Prince was just as guilty.
The fact of the matter is that ALL those players came in under CW's tenure so the rumour and speculation around whether or not they were 'his ' signings is just that- speculation.

What is undisputed is that, to date, NONE of them have proved to be even nearing successful at BDBL.

Better to read the post than do your normal, predictable "knee jerk" to anything I post regarding owners.
I said CW had achieved a miracle so would be trusted so how would any owner be prepared for him to be so poor at buying strikers.If you see that as 'blame' so be it.
Like anyone you have to judge them over their whole time not just cherry pick the good bits and 9 goals in 93 games might well be acceptable to you but, when it comes with a lack of fitness that is totally unprofessional and shows only poor attitude and character which 'one of or own' always told everyone was a major priority of his player signing, you have to question that claim.
I do judge Our Chris's whole tenure and unlike some social media experts not just the ONE very poor season. De Moose was a big threat for us in that first season with his pace in my opinion if you don't think so that's up to you. UTB