Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

For what its worth,
Sanders not playing, why was he brought to the club ?
Is Bramall injured or frozen out ?
What is happeing with Mair ? Three keepers on the books, is that not a luxury when we need players for other positions.
Archibald out on loan and by all accounts doing well
Longdon not playing and not a regular coming on from the bench.

Add to that the summer recruitment.

We can't afford either financially or otherwise to have players continually on the fringes, they need to be able to effect games in a system that works and to be given a chance to dislodge the regulars.

We are a team bereft of ideas and confidence at the moment. Once we went behind we never looked like we had the ability to get back into the game. I just hope the fans keep turning up until things turn around.

FT 0-1 another loss, no goals, and didn't look like scoring at any time, very disappointed with the recent performances. If these continue we are in a relegation fight in the new year.
We’re already in that relegation fight, it’s whether we’ve got it in us to get out of it. Plenty of time to push on, but we don’t look like a team that can. Something has to change - approach or players.

FT. Slight improvements in some areas of team play, including the subs, and some urgency in the second half. But really too little too late. Accrington we’re no better than Doncaster and much less so than Portsmouth, but the bottom line is we just can’t put enough pressure on the opposition defences and we are totally incapable of scoring. Freddie Draper deserves credit. He is not as good at chasing and pressurising defenders as Hopper, but he had two or three good chances which he made the most of. Think going forward MA needs to seriously think about changing the line-up. I’d certainly give Sorensen and Fiorini a rest as they have done nothing the last two or three games. The next three games we really need to think about winning (which means scoring) if we are to stay out of the relegation zone.

Seems to be all about failing tactics, shape, patterns of movement and set plays, ie training ground stuff. These can be improved, and now there is a real urgency to do so.

Dont be ridiculous.

But he needs to deal with this loss of form confidence since those good results at Wednesday and Wigan, and some of the injured back in action.
And when we go down will you still be saying same thing ? Loss of form ? My tactics dont suit these players so i will change it till the injured onea comes back ,oh them 2 in the middlw bot playing well i will drop one and see if he works better with sanders ,oh we cant score with 1 up top maybe i try 2 ? Im leaking goals maybe i will try 3 defenders ? Yep hes dealing with it same system same tactic same results

Dont be ridiculous.

But he needs to deal with this loss of form confidence since those good results at Wednesday and Wigan, and some of the injured back in action.

It's not ridiculous to consider that option.
We're not at that point but any football club board always has to consider all options whenever things are not working.
If not changing manager means we get relegated whereas changing maanger means we stay up, then any board with that decision to make would have to make it.
Of course, no one can know what the outcome of either path will be...assessing the probabilities is all part of the judgements chairmen and directors have to make.

Utterly awful. We've got no goal threat whatsoever and we're too easily bullied. The passing around at the back followed by the inevitable aimless boot up the pitch is getting ridiculous. Will Appleton take any blame on his own shoulders this week? His insistence on doing the same thing week after week is negligence in his part.

Well, at least it will allow me to do Other Things tomorrow afternoon instead of wanting to watch the game back on iFollow.

But I shall still be at Cheltenham in a couple of weeks time and - hopefully - at Sincil Bank the Saturday after.

And when we go down will you still be saying same thing ? Loss of form ? My tactics dont suit these players so i will change it till the injured onea comes back ,oh them 2 in the middlw bot playing well i will drop one and see if he works better with sanders ,oh we cant score with 1 up top maybe i try 2 ? Im leaking goals maybe i will try 3 defenders ? Yep hes dealing with it same system same tactic same results

Makes sense. Let’s hope the Chairman reads this and follows your wise and literate advice.