The Official Portsmouth Match Thread (Sponsored by Connor Ogilvie "for all your "it's a sideways move" needs") | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Portsmouth Match Thread (Sponsored by Connor Ogilvie "for all your "it's a sideways move" needs")

Only logged in at 3:10. With Dempsey and Oliver to come in for Adshead and Akinde, that’s would probably be our first choice 11 wouldn’t it? Real strong lineup whatever.
We’ve sounded good what I’ve heard. Commentators said Cumming was busy early doors, anyone confirm? Also, what’s the crowd size like?

Only logged in at 3:10. With Dempsey and Oliver to come in for Adshead and Akinde, that’s would probably be our first choice 11 wouldn’t it? Real strong lineup whatever.
We’ve sounded good what I’ve heard. Commentators said Cumming was busy early doors, anyone confirm? Also, what’s the crowd size like?
Three big saves early on. One close to a double save. We’ve looked like Brazil in spells.

Watching on iFollow today as have Covid. Good battling first half from both teams. You expect it from an Evans team, but on Tuesday we were out-Evans'd by a physical, direct Cheltenham team - probably due to the number of youngsters we had in. More experience today and more physicality from us - Portsmouth are always physical these days, but we've matched fire with fire in the battle and gamesmanship stakes. The ref has certainly let it flow - lots of pushes and nudges ignored (for both teams to be fair) and I think he hasn't been sucked in my some gamesmanship from Ogilvie, Curtis, other pompey players and TBF some of ours such as Lloyd. Although I feel Akinde has been buffetted and pushed about a bit with no protection.

Couple of decent chances for Pompey early on with Cumming making some tidy but fairly comfortable saves. We were the better side as the half went on and created some decent chances with Mackenzie and Lee spurning decent chances and Akinde missing the mest chance of the match - another one on one, like several v Cheltenham. A very tame effort; however, completely created by himself - he looks dangerous, but just needs to find his shooting boots.

Watching on iFollow today as have Covid. Good battling first half from both teams. You expect it from an Evans team, but on Tuesday we were out-Evans'd by a physical, direct Cheltenham team - probably due to the number of youngsters we had in. More experience today and more physicality from us - Portsmouth are always physical these days, but we've matched fire with fire in the battle and gamesmanship stakes. The ref has certainly let it flow - lots of pushes and nudges ignored (for both teams to be fair) and I think he hasn't been sucked in my some gamesmanship from Ogilvie, Curtis, other pompey players and TBF some of ours such as Lloyd. Although I feel Akinde has been buffetted and pushed about a bit with no protection.

Couple of decent chances for Pompey early on with Cumming making some tidy but fairly comfortable saves. We were the better side as the half went on and created some decent chances with Mackenzie and Lee spurning decent chances and Akinde missing the mest chance of the match - another one on one, like several v Cheltenham. A very tame effort; however, completely created by himself - he looks dangerous, but just needs to find his shooting boots.
Hope you get through COVID quickly mate

Mild dose, I trust.

Hope you get through COVID quickly mate

Mild dose, I trust.

Cheers. Mild in the scheme of things. Had a stinking cold all week (or so I thought), which knocked me for six. Was doing LFTs every day, which came back negative, then my son had a case in his class at school and was asked by the school to do a PCR, which we all did and came back as positive. So, my recommendation is if you have symptoms, go straight in for a PCR, free, easy to book and well-organised. I'm triple vaccinated and feels like a nasty achy cold/flu - dread to think what it would be like for the unvaccinated, especially the older and more vulnerable.

Clear penalty and red card for violent conduct. Doesn't matter whether he got a touch on the ball, he also recklessly ploughed shoulder first into Akinde's chest. That would have been a red card in rugby for a "no arms tackle".

Bar an awful refereeing decision and Lloyd and Akinde not seeming to have a pair of shooting boots between them, we should be a couple up here. I fear our best chances may be gone, but I am always a pessimist as the game goes on.

Mugged there I'm afraid against a lucky, physical Portsmouth team who know the art of gamesmanship, which we seem to have lost a bit in recent times (which may be the result of Evans apparent waning interest). The late underserved winner from Portsmouth just sums up our luck - undirected smash across the goal that pings in off of Tucker - the sort of unlucky goal we concede every game at the moment (just like the key first goal, goalmouth scramble v Cheltenham in midweek) and never seem to score.

Overall, we battled and competed well in difficult conditions against a physical team, which we didn't do on Tuesday. We thoroughly deserved at least a draw and would have got more, were it not for a ridiculous failure to award a penalty by the ref, when Akinde was rugby tackled by the keeper; in fact, it was a no arms tackle in rugby and would have been a red card in that tough sport and was a clear penalty and red card. TBF, Akinde and Lloyd had very good chances to seal it aside from that disgraceful and costly key moment and Lloyd smashed a couple of decent chances (one very good) over and Akinde lamely missed another one on one.

Not what we needed with a long gap off. Maybe our luck will turn after the break? I somehow doubt it....

Gutted for the players. Nothing is falling for us at the moment and we're struggling in front of goal.

All we (or the players) can do is keep working and putting in 100% and hope that our luck changes. Whether that's going to be enough who knows although one thing is sure it's going to be a tough remainder to the season.