I hate what the world is becoming | Page 86 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Someone may have a different view or experience.
But the media ONLY highlight white people being racist towards A, B and C.
It's NEVER reported someone non white being racist. And if it is a clear example of a racist attack it will get twisted into something else.
For example the black man who just got served life for stabbing 8 people in Birmingham town centre and killing one.
Media say it was a random attack.

Random?????.
I challenge anyone to attack randomly in the centre of town and manage to stab only white people? REALLY?
This is what you get when the left control the police, the Home Office, Local government etc.
Been infiltrated for years, might not be in power in Downing Street, but control everything else.

Some people seem to think that certain ethnic groups cannot be racist and usually appeal to a definition of racism that doesn't actually exist.

It's pretty simple, human history adequately demonstrates that all races have shown incredible amounts of racism and bigotry toward others. Racism is an uncomfortable fact of human nature.

Their view is that racism against white people is okay because it's punching up where as racism by white people is punching down. But to hold that view you also have to believe that all white people are above all black people, making you a racist.

It's funny how the circle goes all the way around, isn't it?

Elephant washer and curry muncher?
That's what he alleges he was called. In the grand scheme of things would that not fall into your category above?
From what I have also read it is his word. And only his word. No one else has come forward to back up his claims. So that's for someone more intelligent than us to investigate.

I get your view. Fair enough. If you don't see hypocrisy that's your view.

No, purely because of the direct and targeted impact as opposed to the non targeted posts (I've seen) that he's fronted to. Hypocritical is in the behaviour yes, but again his response to his own tweets is all I've heard him call for others to do, front, apologise and don't dodge.

Last I heard three had backed him up from inside the club

Very sensible comment this, however in the real world we don't do sensible, just people with agendas and self interest.
I don't do the Bible, but maybe it was correct when it said let him without sin cast the first stone.
I have worked extensively in the Asian community in Brum and the Black Country and the racism and anti semitism is worse than anything you will encounter in the country in general.
It is not actually racism, it's is a deep seated hatred like nothing you will encounter amongst people using derogatory terms
Sadly most of those that gob off about racism in this country, usually the white middle classes don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Yup, but you won't stand a chance of getting rid of it until everyone is on the same playing field in a professional sense. It'd take a quick google to see there are plenty delighted he's had to apologise himself for daring to question cricket in the first place and not just staying quiet and whataboutary solves nothing.

The start and end point is should he have suffered that behaviour.

What cock ups he's made in his life, what other people do or say and so on is completely and utterly irrelevant. He's entitled to his apology and the club are entitled to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Then his cock ups, others are entitled to an apology from him and so on.

Yup, but you won't stand a chance of getting rid of it until everyone is on the same playing field in a professional sense. It'd take a quick google to see there are plenty delighted he's had to apologise himself for daring to question cricket in the first place and not just staying quiet and whataboutary solves nothing.

The start and end point is should he have suffered that behaviour.

What cock ups he's made in his life, what other people do or say and so on is completely and utterly irrelevant. He's entitled to his apology and the club are entitled to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Then his cock ups, others are entitled to an apology from him and so on.
Should anyone have to suffer this behaviour, answer,no.
However certain ethnic groups in this country, born here or immigrants have generations of hate ingrained in them. Not talking cricket here, and the point I am trying to make is that virtually without exception racism is always seen as a white issue.
The truth is that all ethnic groups have it in them to discriminate purely on the grounds is skin colour, race or religion.
It's why there are conflicts all around the world, and most are in countries where religious divides run deep.
Really struggling to see why anyone would want to go to the press with this sort of thing unless you are sure you are totally squeeky clean, because you know the press will dig for a story.
He now stands discredited in the eyes of many .
We have all done and said things we are not proud of and I would like to know what triggered him to go to the press without thinking that it might all blow up in his face.

I work in an industry which is over indexed by Indians, and I get on very well with the Indian community with mates and ex’s of Indian heritage. I think the White British and British Asian sense of humour is close. So much so, I’ve even learnt some of the derogatory terms for white people. How’s that for integration?

I think I've said before but my father in law (indian) is by far the most racist person I've ever met, he hates Muslims and doesn't especially like black people. Racism is very much a human problem at the end of the day.

Nope, only white people can be racist or that's the way it seems to be in the UK and USA etc.

My Mrs used to say if you want to see racism put an Asian and a black person on a sideward together

I work in an industry which is over indexed by Indians, and I get on very well with the Indian community with mates and ex’s of Indian heritage. I think the White British and British Asian sense of humour is close. So much so, I’ve even learnt some of the derogatory terms for white people. How’s that for integration?
Not generalising here, but I think there is a fair bit of resentment of the Indian community by other Asians.
When we lived in Brum a fair few of our neighbours were Indian.
All got smart houses, Range Rovers, all very western households.
They work hard, have businesses and strive to get on and fit in
Pity they aren't all the same

Not generalising here, but I think there is a fair bit of resentment of the Indian community by other Asians.
When we lived in Brum a fair few of our neighbours were Indian.
All got smart houses, Range Rovers, all very western households.
They work hard, have businesses and strive to get on and fit in
Pity they aren't all the same

Indian Indians and British Indians also don’t get on, something I only figured out about two years ago. I think it’s to a similar point, British Indians have integrated into society, work hard, have decent jobs, educate their kids, and live in the middle class houses and drive the middle class cars. The Tory party front bench probably sums up that connection well, like them or loathe them (the party that is). The one thing I do see that I think needs more work, is Asians seem to hit a career ceiling. I’m surprised there isn’t more made of this. I think there is still systematic biases in Senior management of companies to stick to white people, I don’t think I’ve worked for a company with a British Asian on the board yet.

Indian Indians and British Indians also don’t get on, something I only figured out about two years ago. I think it’s to a similar point, British Indians have integrated into society, work hard, have decent jobs, educate their kids, and live in the middle class houses and drive the middle class cars. The Tory party front bench probably sums up that connection well, like them or loathe them (the party that is). The one thing I do see that I think needs more work, is Asians seem to hit a career ceiling. I’m surprised there isn’t more made of this. I think there is still systematic biases in Senior management of companies to stick to white people, I don’t think I’ve worked for a company with a British Asian on the board yet.
Not sure your correct with the promotional ceiling. British Indians from my experience do very well in high flying jobs.
But that's just the snapshot I see.

Should anyone have to suffer this behaviour, answer,no.
However certain ethnic groups in this country, born here or immigrants have generations of hate ingrained in them. Not talking cricket here, and the point I am trying to make is that virtually without exception racism is always seen as a white issue.
The truth is that all ethnic groups have it in them to discriminate purely on the grounds is skin colour, race or religion.
It's why there are conflicts all around the world, and most are in countries where religious divides run deep.
Really struggling to see why anyone would want to go to the press with this sort of thing unless you are sure you are totally squeeky clean, because you know the press will dig for a story.
He now stands discredited in the eyes of many .
We have all done and said things we are not proud of and I would like to know what triggered him to go to the press without thinking that it might all blow up in his face.

Not disputing any of that mate. Again, it's another reason I quite like him standing by his own words on his own actions, sends a better message overall in my eyes. I don't see him as discredited, quite the opposite ie he's as human as the people he asked for a simple apology off.

But somethings are big picture, other have to remain in isolation and trying to talk down an incident by comparing it to other issues will see no one get anywhere as it just becomes circular whataboutary and fuels divisions far more than solving things where you can.

Last edited:
Not disputing any of that mate. Again, it's another reason I quite like him standing by his own words on his own actions, sends a better message overall in my eyes. I don't see him as discredited, quite the opposite ie he's as human as the people he asked for a simple apology off.

But somethings are big picture, other have to remain in isolation and trying to talk down an incident by comparing it to other issues will see no one get anywhere as it just becomes circular whataboutary and fuels divisions far more than solving things where you can.
Wasn't there an English cricketer who made the same mistake as a teen? And the press got hold of his social media post this summer and dug it up from the past.
He apologised. And apologised. And did videos of him apologising.
Then got a long ban.
????? So by your logic Mike. He did what azeem did... So why the ban?

The issue here Mike is that whataboutery works pretty well in a court of law.
Judges rule by Presidence.
Someone shouldn't get away with something someone else has not.
So whataboutery is just a get out phrase.

Wasn't there an English cricketer who made the same mistake as a teen? And the press got hold of his social media post this summer and dug it up from the past.
He apologised. And apologised. And did videos of him apologising.
Then got a long ban.
????? So by your logic Mike. He did what azeem did... So why the ban?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he didn't get a ban did he?

The issue here Mike is that whataboutery works pretty well in a court of law.
Judges rule by Presidence.
Someone shouldn't get away with something someone else has not.
So whataboutery is just a get out phrase.

No mate, it doesn't work that way. Nobody gets off on an assault charge for example because they have previously been assaulted themselves.

And new precedents get set pretty regularly, it's not strictly 'this is a previous punishment' it's more akin to 'this has previously been accepted in law as an option or advisory/authority that helps decide the case' - sentencing guidance is legislation (not precedent).

Not sure your correct with the promotional ceiling. British Indians from my experience do very well in high flying jobs.
But that's just the snapshot I see.

I’m only going off my experience which is a small sample and inherently dangerous. I did just Google it, and apparently 11% of FTSE 100 Directors are “BAME” which, give around 13-14% of the population is BAME, that’s a decent representation - higher than I thought.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57697159
He did get banned but not for as long as I thought. My memory not good. Neither my spelling apparently. Lol lol.

I'd say the ban was wrong, he wasn't a kid BUT the world moves fast now. Pleased he accepted and most were suspended - there has to be an element of 'different time' here without it being an excuse per se but for me, it can only apply if you genuinely front and then show you've grown up. If you hide that's where punishment should come in.

Both my grandad's had 'saying's' that would probably lead me to banning them today if they posted on this forum. Salt of the earth, no harm, but that was their time but it never stopped them from mixing or helping out anybody - but they couldn't shake the lazy speak (with no malice in private) even though I remember my aunts/uncles calling them out. Front your fuck ups and I have no issue. Deny it ever happened and I take a different view.

We'll ignore memory and spelling mate - I can hardly speak (sometimes literally lol) or spell as I demonstrate regularly on here PMSL

Just had to switch the Andrew Marr show off , they are trying to say that oximeters are made for white people and don't work on brown people as well, fuck me medical equipment is racist now !!
This constant bollocks is really getting on my tits now

Just fuck off!!!!!!!

QT on Thursday.

Question on the cricket racism scandal . Fiona Bruce goes to Nazir Afzal (ex Chief of CPS) to answer it first. Afzal takes offence for the fact that that she went to the only person of colour on the panel first, saying sarcastically ‘the brown person will answer first’ . Bruce who was obviously taken aback asked if she should have gone to him first to which he replied he didn’t think she should.

Really?. I imagine , if this is Afzal’s attitude. that had she gone to a white member of the panel first he would have complained about that as well. Things like this are so divisive and do nothing to help or garner sympathy from the masses.