I hate what the world is becoming | Page 85 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

On the subject

Sussex professor resigns after transgender rights row
Kathleen Stock announces resignation as university says ‘no substantive allegations of wrongdoing’ were made against her

Kathleen Stock, the philosophy professor at the centre of a row over her views on gender identification and transgender rights, has announced her resignation from the University of Sussex.

Stock’s resignation comes three weeks after a protest by some students at the university’s Brighton campus, which included posters and graffiti calling for her dismissal.

She has said she believes gender identity does not outweigh biological sex “when it comes to law and policy”, and that people cannot change their biological sex.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...en-stock-resigns-after-transgender-rights-row

So basically, because I do not agree with your opinion I'm going to undertake a sustained harassment campaign against you and hound you out of your job.

Yes, she's a heretic. They would burn her at the stake if they thought they could get away with it.

Yes, she's a heretic. They would burn her at the stake if they thought they could get away with it.
Talking of universities it transpires today that the well know hotbed of leftie doctrine Oxford, has received £12 million of donations from Max Moseley, grandson of well known Nazi activist Oswald Mosley.
It's seems that where money is concerned there is always a case to be made for grabbing it.
To make matters worse he appears to have put it with them as part of a scheme to avoid the tax man.
It would seem that morals and ethical studies are not taught at Oxford.

Talking of universities it transpires today that the well know hotbed of leftie doctrine Oxford, has received £12 million of donations from Max Moseley, grandson of well known Nazi activist Oswald Mosley.
It's seems that where money is concerned there is always a case to be made for grabbing it.
To make matters worse he appears to have put it with them as part of a scheme to avoid the tax man.
It would seem that morals and ethical studies are not taught at Oxford.

There is way more money in being a Nazi than I expected.

I don't see the issue, his massive point was front and own it, learn and show you are a different person and move on and that's what he called others out for not doing. He's done exactly what he's called for others to do.

I see no hypocrisy, especially as all someone has jumped on here are out of order in a public (but private) chat with another lad, which is worlds apart from the distress caused by bullying and targeting someone directly.

He rightly got a settlement from the club for their institutional failures, he's not dragging individuals through Court pretending to be a saint.

He apologised because the telegraph obtained the details. He didn't apologise before this was bought to attention though. So he was doing everything against what he 'stands for'.

And his history was rightly trawled - all of my comments are stored on this forum but could I tell you what jokes and barbs I've made were and remember we get into some juicy stuff on here. Not a chance, I don't know what they are but I can absolutely guarantee I could be hung by some of the things I've said. Should I apologise now for innocuous nonsense I can't remember posted over a decade ago?

Has he tried to explain them away as being anything other than what they were...no. He fronted, doing exactly what he's called others to do - he hasn't the played the 'out of context' game and again, from the posts I've seen it was a private chat (daftly in public long before people knew the sewer social media would become) and he wasn't even the prime party - he just posted 'jew' a couple of times.

Happy to acknowledge there might be more out there I haven't seen, but what I have is untargeted lazy racism. It deserves calling out but it's in no way akin to the treatment it's accepted he received in person. Bid difference, as ever, of being a victim and then a victim after the fact when you've gone looking for offence (even if what you looked for was offensive).

Again, as far as I can tell, nobody had an issue with his posts until they were dug out - he clearly had an issue with his treatment because the club settled over their pathetic failures.

Elephant washer and curry muncher?
That's what he alleges he was called. In the grand scheme of things would that not fall into your category above?
From what I have also read it is his word. And only his word. No one else has come forward to back up his claims. So that's for someone more intelligent than us to investigate.

I get your view. Fair enough. If you don't see hypocrisy that's your view.

https://news.sky.com/story/azeem-rafiq-apologises-for-making-antisemitic-comments-in-2011-12471813

So with the massive uproar we have had over this week that cricket is institutionally racist turns out the man that got a nice 6 figure pay out isn't so innocent himself.
From what I have read his posts and views are on par with what was said to him really. Same ball park.
So..... Is he going to pay back his compensation?
No. Didn't think so.

The whole thing could get completely out of hand, and some of the trivial things being accused are things many of us might have joked about. When Cesar Azpilicueta joined Chelsea, they called him Dave - is that not the same thing or is that racist?

I have a couple of Jewish mates from London who make more jokes about Jews than anyone. When I went to college, a group of Pakistani lads called each other “P…’s”.

Things happen when people are younger, I have no doubt I have made jokes or said things which would be frowned upon today.

There’s a huge and more serious can of worms within the Asian community. Indian and Pakistani people generally don’t see eye to eye and it can be hatred. I’ve heard it and seen it for myself. I know of a mixed couple who have been abandoned by they family, I know of Asian ladies who have dated black men and forced out by their family.

I haven’t heard all the evidence and I’m not disputing the claims from the cricketers, and I’m not trying to knock it down. What I’m saying is that this is a chance to learn and move on, we have all probably said a couple of things we shouldn’t have in our lives that we regret. As a captain of an elite sporting team, I have no doubt Vaughan said things close to the line but that’s borderline natural. If I played cricket in India as a white person and played badly, the abuse would be ten fold.

But it can’t just be white people treading on egg shells when there are much more serious underlying racist tones across other communities.

The whole thing could get completely out of hand, and some of the trivial things being accused are things many of us might have joked about. When Cesar Azpilicueta joined Chelsea, they called him Dave - is that not the same thing or is that racist?

I have a couple of Jewish mates from London who make more jokes about Jews than anyone. When I went to college, a group of Pakistani lads called each other “P…’s”.

Things happen when people are younger, I have no doubt I have made jokes or said things which would be frowned upon today.

There’s a huge and more serious can of worms within the Asian community. Indian and Pakistani people generally don’t see eye to eye and it can be hatred. I’ve heard it and seen it for myself. I know of a mixed couple who have been abandoned by they family, I know of Asian ladies who have dated black men and forced out by their family.

I haven’t heard all the evidence and I’m not disputing the claims from the cricketers, and I’m not trying to knock it down. What I’m saying is that this is a chance to learn and move on, we have all probably said a couple of things we shouldn’t have in our lives that we regret. As a captain of an elite sporting team, I have no doubt Vaughan said things close to the line but that’s borderline natural. If I played cricket in India as a white person and played badly, the abuse would be ten fold.

But it can’t just be white people treading on egg shells when there are much more serious underlying racist tones across other communities.
Very sensible comment this, however in the real world we don't do sensible, just people with agendas and self interest.
I don't do the Bible, but maybe it was correct when it said let him without sin cast the first stone.
I have worked extensively in the Asian community in Brum and the Black Country and the racism and anti semitism is worse than anything you will encounter in the country in general.
It is not actually racism, it's is a deep seated hatred like nothing you will encounter amongst people using derogatory terms
Sadly most of those that gob off about racism in this country, usually the white middle classes don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Very sensible comment this, however in the real world we don't do sensible, just people with agendas and self interest.
I don't do the Bible, but maybe it was correct when it said let him without sin cast the first stone.
I have worked extensively in the Asian community in Brum and the Black Country and the racism and anti semitism is worse than anything you will encounter in the country in general.
It is not actually racism, it's is a deep seated hatred like nothing you will encounter amongst people using derogatory terms
Sadly most of those that gob off about racism in this country, usually the white middle classes don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Yep, I used to work next to a Sikh bloke who used to sing anti-Muslim songs, I only know this as I asked him what he was singing about and he said "them bastards! I said who? he said "them Muslim bastards!
It is quite interesting what you find out working at the lower end of the scale, I've worked at all levels and moved in all circles of life except the upper classes.

The class system we have in the UK is far worse than any racism.

Funny thing yesterday I put some good trouser shoes and shirt on yesterday to go to the dentist, he immediately started to call me Sir , it was very noticeable as I've been meany times before dressed in my normal casual stuff and he's never called me Sir.

Yep, I used to work next to a Sikh bloke who used to sing anti-Muslim songs, I only know this as I asked him what he was singing about and he said "them bastards! I said who? he said "them Muslim bastards!
It is quite interesting what you find out working at the lower end of the scale, I've worked at all levels and moved in all circles of life except the upper classes.

The class system we have in the UK is far worse than any racism.

Funny thing yesterday I put some good trouser shoes and shirt on yesterday to go to the dentist, he immediately started to call me Sir , it was very noticeable as I've been meany times before dressed in my normal casual stuff and he's never called me Sir.
This is true - I worked with a Sikh guy who totally despised the muslims in the workplace. He got so irate when they went off to pray and used to refer to them and their prayer mats as "they are off to Allied Carpets again for a lie down".
The Pakistanis really despised the Bangla Deshis and made all sorts of derogatory remarks about polygamy in their communities. The Hindus were anti-Sikh over the drive for a separate homeland in Punjab and to close the circle the caste system amongst the Hindus was as decisive as anything I have witnessed and makes the British class system pale into insignificance.
I am not condoning what happened at Yorkshire as it was wrong - in the same way that anti-Semetic comments and comments about Africans are wrong. As my Mom used to say "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" or a case of "the pot calling the kettle black" but the latter comment is no longer PC 😉

I think I've said before but my father in law (indian) is by far the most racist person I've ever met, he hates Muslims and doesn't especially like black people. Racism is very much a human problem at the end of the day.

I think I've said before but my father in law (indian) is by far the most racist person I've ever met, he hates Muslims and doesn't especially like black people. Racism is very much a human problem at the end of the day.
Someone may have a different view or experience.
But the media ONLY highlight white people being racist towards A, B and C.
It's NEVER reported someone non white being racist. And if it is a clear example of a racist attack it will get twisted into something else.
For example the black man who just got served life for stabbing 8 people in Birmingham town centre and killing one.
Media say it was a random attack.
Random?????.
I challenge anyone to attack randomly in the centre of town and manage to stab only white people? REALLY?

Someone may have a different view or experience.
But the media ONLY highlight white people being racist towards A, B and C.
It's NEVER reported someone non white being racist. And if it is a clear example of a racist attack it will get twisted into something else.
For example the black man who just got served life for stabbing 8 people in Birmingham town centre and killing one.
Media say it was a random attack.
Random?????.
I challenge anyone to attack randomly in the centre of town and manage to stab only white people? REALLY?
Some people seem to think that certain ethnic groups cannot be racist and usually appeal to a definition of racism that doesn't actually exist.

It's pretty simple, human history adequately demonstrates that all races have shown incredible amounts of racism and bigotry toward others. Racism is an uncomfortable fact of human nature.