The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 511 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I think that might have been the end.

The goal at 2mins is exactly what we didn't need but everyone looks to have given up.

Gutted.

After a few nearlies, he’s well and truly lost me. Clueless in terms of setup. Out of his depth tactically at this level.

There’s a bigger picture for me than just tonight in that we have plenty of very good individuals, and the loss of a few of them to clubs in better positions is not something we need to take chances on. We need a good name who can get these lot playing again because they aren’t playing 100% for Smith and putting their body on the line - as the goal proved.

Not to worry Dean will get us back on track, we play Norwich on the 14th December ✌️✌️

I genuinely thought so but my caveat was we had to fight tooth and nail today and must not lose. We did neither. We’re at a stage now where we could have Ronaldo up top with Messi and we still wouldn’t score.

Theres no plan, if he’s some in the job tomorrow he should fuck Danks off. Whatever they’re telling our team to do to create chances is totally inept. But tbh the fact Axel got another game he should resign tomorrow.

After a few nearlies, he’s well and truly lost me. Clueless in terms of setup. Out of his depth tactically at this level.

There’s a bigger picture for me than just tonight in that we have plenty of very good individuals, and the loss of a few of them to clubs in better positions is not something we need to take chances on. We need a good name who can get these lot playing again because they aren’t playing 100% for Smith and putting their body on the line - as the goal proved.

And not just that Dan. There is a handful of really good young lads there who will be wasted or lost under this regime. Archer didn’t really do much when he came in but for me he has more a goal presence than Watkins.

Watkins needs a break or some sort of reset because he’s not the lad I watched last season. I’d trust archer until Ings is back tbh.

And not just that Dan. There is a handful of really good young lads there who will be wasted or lost under this regime. Archer didn’t really do much when he came in but for me he has more a goal presence than Watkins.

Watkins needs a break or some sort of reset because he’s not the lad I watched last season. I’d trust archer until Ings is back tbh.
He scored last week and was ok tonight and last week. He’s been shite when he’s been forced into a strike partnership with Ings which has caused problems all over the pitch tactically

After all this time you'd think the players would know what they're supposed to be doing. But it looks like they're having to learn from scratch. Even with bits still needing to fall into place, we should still have a solid platform to build for the future.

There is no platform. When the owners have put all they have done into the club, they would have (reasonable) expectations of where we should be, even allowing for disruptions such as Greasy bailing out. This doesn't meet it and it's difficult to see how it could meet it. Think we've come to the end of the road.

If they have targets lined up who they think will fit, then it's a no-brainer; we need to change it. If we don't, it's a bit more difficult, but maybe we need to take risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.