Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 360 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Interestingly, there weren't really English or French identities until the hundred years war which was a civil war for the throne of France. The "English" side were those French Viking lads from 1066. The French lads were also French but less Vikingy. The "English" lads lost in the end which is why France is the France we know today. If the "English" French lads had won, England and France would probably be the same country and we'd probably all be speaking French.
A lot of the Royal courts of England spoke French, it was seen as sofisticated.

A
Interestingly, there weren't really English or French identities until the hundred years war which was a civil war for the throne of France. The "English" side were those French Viking lads from 1066. The French lads were also French but less Vikingy. The "English" lads lost in the end which is why France is the France we know today. If the "English" French lads had won, England and France would probably be the same country and we'd probably all be speaking French.
And we would have won 3 World cups :wahey:

Not to be a contrarian, but Paris left me unmoved I must admit. Very monotone, a bit scuffy, much like London, the streets needed a good old clean. Was ok, but I'd not be racing to go back again.

Have to say that most Cornish are great, provided you don't move down here and start moaning and complaining about what is wrong with Cornwall.
We have always tried to fit in and embrace the different way of life here, because at the end of the day we chose to come here.
I think e few other groups in the Uk could take that on board.
Cough cough. Londoners. Cough cough.
In general. Arrogant, selfish tossers who can piss right off.

Cough cough. Londoners. Cough cough.
In general. Arrogant, selfish tossers who can piss right off.
Tried to leave that out mate, but yes, whenever there's an issue it's always some gobby Londoner complaining about the pace of life down here, can't get trades people in instantly, what's wrong with these people don't they want my custom.
Then they complain to the parish council about animals making a noise, after they've bought next to a farm.
Why are people down here so laid back, what's wrong with them.
The word down here is Dreckly. It's like Spanish manyana, and it means they will turn up when it suits them.
It is how it is and I love it.
Fortunately a couple of stormy wet winters gets rid of them.

Not to be a contrarian, but Paris left me unmoved I must admit. Very monotone, a bit scuffy, much like London, the streets needed a good old clean. Was ok, but I'd not be racing to go back again.

Most big cities are dumps outside of the tourist bit though, I've never quite got the Paris thing either or London come to that. The only bit of London I know is Wembley

I think that was the first proper holiday that me and the wonderful Mrs Butter ever had. It might still be my favourite.

Paris is for lovers, which is probably why you and 57 didn't like it.

I thought Brexit was meant to benefit the fisherman, not result in their boats being seized and world war 3…

I think it’s all just fucking ridiculous and our government need to stop trying to impress whoever their trying to impress. We won’t be laughing if they turn the leccy supplies, give the migrants from the jungle a helping hand onto the boats, stop our lorries from crossing the channel easily with fresh food.

I think it’s all pathetic but what do I know. Someone must find it amusing or financially lucrative.

I think it’s all just fucking ridiculous and our government need to stop trying to impress whoever their trying to impress. We won’t
Think you have to take on board it's an election year in France, and taking a tough line with the hated English always plays well with the home audience.

Think you have to take on board it's an election year in France, and taking a tough line with the hated English always plays well with the home audience.

Yes, I caught that on the news. But I don’t understand why they have only been granted 50% of the licences they are entitled to?

Why are we playing silly games over 240 licences? I can see it’s impressive to some I just find it totally pathetic. Bigger problems to worry about than 240 fucking boats taking a few fish.

Yes, I caught that on the news. But I don’t understand why they have only been granted 50% of the licences they are entitled to?

Why are we playing silly games over 240 licences? I can see it’s impressive to some I just find it totally pathetic. Bigger problems to worry about than 240 fucking boats taking a few fish.
According to fisheries officials any boat that could prove they had a history of fishing in the grounds could have a licence. All boats are required by law to keep a log, and all boats that produced their log got a permit.
My understanding of it is that some of the much bigger boats now want permits, and it is these that are the issue, because they have no logged history of ever having fished in the waters
Interesting that German fishermen want a new directives to stop the big boats hoovering up fish stocks on an industrial scale, and they want new eu legislation to keep these bigger boats out. They want them restricted to the deep oceans.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a time where we've got along with the French, certainly not in my lifetime, the ungrateful gits

My late grandma on mom's side used to say in WW2 "There is only one thing better than a dead German and that's a dead Frenchman" 😏

A quote from the grave it is