chairman Chat - October | Page 5 | Vital Football

chairman Chat - October

I've just seen a screenshot of the rules and some of Perry's posts when he started the group in 2016.

"One basic rule - positive posts only, you can leave negativity and realistic posts at the door"

Followed by one saying he was impressed with Scally 😯
Even if he ends up being right I hope he doesn't succeed cause he'll think he's the saviour. Meaning we'll go through this again in a few years.

The end result is that do peaceful people who have stopped going who are still Gillingham supporters believe Scally or Perry ? Markinkent will back me in saying about 40 to 60% of peaceful people near us have it seems stopped coming in the last year or so.Now there could be a number of different reasons. The real question is though those ex season ticket holders who do they believe?
If Scally is only getting through to his support and not convinced anyone new over his good faith etc then by hitting out at Perry he might have made things worse.That in itself is along term problem that had to be addressed not just by Scally but by those who still back the club.Basically us.

How can Scally and indeed we turn the tide and get people to return to Priestfield Stadium?

Some might argue the the latest Scally rant has already helped and we need far more statements of that kind.If that is your position I am sorry I disagree.

Last edited:
We have to trust that PS is telling the truth that the offers are not credible.
Why do we have to "trust that PS is telling the truth that the offers are not credible"...
("Credible" sounds like opinion.)
..any more than we should trust the second hand car salesmen who implies that the car has been driven only by a vicar...
..or the Estate Agent who insists that "deceptively spacious" doesn't mean "rather small" ?

Instead of just saying "The offers weren't not high enough",
Scally feels the need to double down and impugn past enquirers.

Haven't we had enough of attacking the (in this case un-named) person instead of the argument ?

What would you want Scally to do? Make all offers public and publish the names of the potential buyers so that you can do the due diligence to assess whether he is telling the telling the truth that the offers are not credible?
Make an amount public - why not ?
Either he can state the amount offered - or he can indicate an amount he would aspire to.
Either way, he can say the enquirer was "a long way off".
And then, referencing the Accounts we can take a view.

If he has had offers, why insult them ?
Or could it be that no-one has offered a penny, hence it is easier to traduce an un-named party.

I will take him at his word. He doesn’t have the funds to throw around, but he 100% has the clubs best interests at heart... ...not least because it is in his own self interest!
Each to his own....:oops:

Last edited:
I've never noticed him at any away game OSK.

My facial recognition is awful but all of the away games I’ve been to this season, there’s been a bald ugly guy prancing around and occasionally shouting ‘Scally lovers’ to anyone who doesn’t join in ‘Scally Out’ chants.

My facial recognition is awful but all of the away games I’ve been to this season, there’s been a bald ugly guy prancing around and occasionally shouting ‘Scally lovers’ to anyone who doesn’t join in ‘Scally Out’ chants.
You think your facial recognition is bad ? 😂

I was having a cuppa with my brother this morning and he was going on about the channel five program about Brits making a business in France.
Anyway, long story short, he was talking about the couple of guys who have set up an English restaurant and I said that one of them looked familiar.
He responded that I should do because I have actually dived with him on numerous occasions in Malta.
Then the penny dropped.
I do worry about myself sometimes.

Last edited:
Perry has since re-posted that article every where he can. Including sending it to the investor Dauville(?) in an attempt to drive him away from GFC.

Do you mean Bauvill whose owner Damien South is noted as being an Associate Director of the club? If so, nice of him to post evidence to an associate director of the club who is probably on good terms with Scally.

Do you mean Bauvill whose owner Damien South is noted as being an Associate Director of the club? If so, nice of him to post evidence to an associate director of the club who is probably on good terms with Scally.
Yes I think that’s what he’s referring to.
Perry and South had an exchange on Twitter, Perry was keen to mention the article where Scally describes a section of fans as “a form of cancer”, and he asked South for his thoughts on that.

It was in 2018 he got into trouble for posting private and confidential documents of Scally’s up on his forum and had to take them down prompt.
That was pages from the Mill Hill village prospectus, i.e. the new stadium complex development, that had been sent to potential investors.
I think the main negative issue that came from that was it was said the club would not own the new ground but rent it from a group of directors that included Scally himself. I don’t recall the full details and didn’t save any of the pages, it was discussed on here at the time though.

I believe I know who you mean, Trashbat - and it`s not the Perry man - who, incidentally, i`ve seen at away games. I suspect the chap you are talking about is a vocal individual who seems to be at all the away games and frequently wears sunglasses on top of his bald head. I`ve seen him in "heated discussion" with fellow Gills fans. If you look at the FB page for the Gills Discussion Group - you might find him as one of the small profile pics/avatars on the front page.

Why do we have to "trust that PS is telling the truth that the offers are not credible"...
("Credible" sounds like opinion.)
..any more than we should trust the second hand car salesmen who implies that the car has been driven only by a vicar...
..or the Estate Agent who insists that "deceptively spacious" doesn't mean "rather small" ?

Instead of just saying "The offers weren't not high enough",
Scally feels the need to double down and impugn past enquirers.

Haven't we had enough of attacking the (in this case un-named) person instead of the argument ?

Make an amount public - why not ?
Either he can state the amount offered - or he can indicate an amount he would aspire to.
Either way, he can say the enquirer was "a long way off".
And then, referencing the Accounts we can take a view.

If he has had offers, why insult them ?
Or could it be that no-one has offered a penny, hence it is easier to traduce an un-named party.

Each to his own....:oops:

Come on Tarian!

You’re bonkers if you think that commercially sensitive business matters are going to be made public by Scally - or for that matter, by any business person selling their shares.

He didn’t say that the offers weren’t high enough. In fact, if he’s asking enquirers for proof of funds, then they must be in the right ballpark area.

Scally’s made it clear that nobody has been able to demonstrate that they have the funds. And I also inferred from what he said that there were ML concerns about the funding.

I believe I know who you mean, Trashbat - and it`s not the Perry man - who, incidentally, i`ve seen at away games. I suspect the chap you are talking about is a vocal individual who seems to be at all the away games and frequently wears sunglasses on top of his bald head. I`ve seen him in "heated discussion" with fellow Gills fans. If you look at the FB page for the Gills Discussion Group - you might find him as one of the small profile pics/avatars on the front page.

Thanks for clarifying.

Scally’s made it clear that nobody has been able to demonstrate that they have the funds. And I also inferred from what he said that there were ML concerns about the funding.
He's also very clearly stated that anyone (dodgy or not) who has expressed an interest in buying wanted him to stay on to run things - ie, the potential investors wanted a back seat. I can completely understand why Scally would want a clean break if he/when he finally sells.

I really think he must have some kind of illness or be on a spectrum. I’m honestly not trying to mock, but I think his every waking moment is taken up posting stuff about Scally. He attends Gills away games only (according to him). He was there when the other guy had the altercation with Scally at AFCW. He posts non stop on that forum (think he originally set it up didn’t he? And moderates it). And he’s had numerous stouches with PS. Including the bit that KoL posted about him previously posting online some private documents about Scally that he had to quickly remove.

Surely he should be on a watch list of some kind.

I think what your saying is OSK. That care in the community isn't working.:wahey:

In almost every case, where a club is aiming for a new stadium, the debt is wound up and resolved by the development. It looks almost too good to be true and often is as either, the debts reappears further down the line or, the club pays rent for the forseeable. I think we know who the intended rent taker would be. That is why you will never hear facts and figures from our club, or any other. We know there are debts to be paid at some stage because Scally talks about charges against personal assets, his. All these matters are tangled up with any potential purchase.

Of course there have been offers but none have satisfied the current owner. Is he being reasonable in his demands? We will probably never know. He does need to heed the golden and unavoidable rule: Hang on too long and the manner of your going will not be of your choosing and you will be left only with regrets.

When asked if there’d been any offers made to buy the club in the past 2 years I thought Scally’s face told a different story to what he was saying.

Hehe.

Tarian‘s posts annoy the hell out of me - even when I agree with his points!... ...but he enhances this board with this different perspective. Can confidently say he’s not DoX.

Just realised that most of us joined the board in 2016... ...did I just get whooshed again?
P
I assume most of those transferring from the last board were same date.