Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

Well 3 points is 3 points but dear god we made hard work of that. I think that meant a lot to the players and Burton were never going to give up. Some unbelievable misses at the end but I think the overall team morale that this win produces will probably be the most important takeaway.
Mentions to Poole and Griffiths for two stand out performances. Glad to Nlundulu get his start and cause some problems. Could be very good when he hits his fitness. Bishop disappointing and I thought Fiorini dropped off second half.
Now let’s put a couple of wins together and get into the top half.

FT. phew - what a game. We tried really hard to encourage Burton by keep giving them the ball. The chances missed by Scully & Longdon really kept the pressure on us, but the players really dug deep in the end and fought for every ball. MoM has to be Griffiths - he made three outstanding saves and came and caught the ball when the defence was under heavy pressure.

Last edited:
FT. phew - what a game. We tried really hard to encourage Burton by keep giving them the ball. The chances missed by Scully & Longdon really kept the pressure on us, but the players really dug deep in the end and fought for every ball. MoM has to be Griffiths - he made three outstanding Dave’s and came and caught the ball when the defence was under oressure
Griffiths - he made three outstanding Dave’s?

Phew….that was a tough listen for the last ten minutes. Well done for hanging on but it sounds like it should have been put to bed earlier. Pleased with the result, I think most of us would have taken a point beforehand. Now let’s keep this up for Tuesday

FT. phew - what a game. We tried really hard to encourage Burton by keep giving them the ball. The chances missed by Scully & Longdon really kept the pressure on us, but the players really dug deep in the end and fought for every ball. MoM has to be Griffiths - he made three outstanding Dave’s and came and caught the ball when the defence was under oressure

One outstanding Dave would be remarkable. Three is sensational!