Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

Henceforth known, after Hortin today, as "The Excellent Poole".

Not bad for a player derided by someone on here (can't remember who) as "National League standard".

A few (cant remember who), gave him, Bramall and Griffiths definitive judgements after a couple of games, never mind half a dozen.

Humble pie currently available in the menu.
A few were correct re Poole and Bramall.

On a serious note, interesting to see Edun came off the bench 83 mins. for Blackburn, another of my least favourite players but good luck to the lad.

Good game to make a few eat their words on Griffiths and Poole. Have come under undo criticism so glad to see them continue on well.

Nlundulu played excellently aside from the one on one which we can absolutely give him the benefit of the doubt after so little football.

Fiorini continues to impress and Bishop stood up well in the deeper role, especially with the first half clearance.

No bad performers today and a super win.

The bipolar nature of a football review board is to praise when we win and lay into them when we lose. A more level tone 9 games into the season is more appropriate. 17th but 3 off the playoffs and a few wins catapult us up the league and we’ve shown enough to say we can string them together starting Tuesday.

Not bad for a player derided by someone on here (can't remember who) as "National League standard".

A few (cant remember who), gave him, Bramall and Griffiths definitive judgements after a couple of games, never mind half a dozen.

Poole has been colossal all season but today was different gravy. Immense, immovable, goliath.

If it hadn't been from some worldies from Griffiths, Poole was MOTM by a mile.

We have an absolute gold mine in Poole.

What a strange game. First 15, we looked a division above them. From then we lost our way, and tried our best to give them the ball. A swift break early second half, and then back in the trenches. We might have come away empty handed without the keeper.
No idea how we miss from a yard. Falling over the ball when one-on-one was just comedy gold!

Good game to make a few eat their words on Griffiths and Poole. Have come under undo criticism so glad to see them continue on well.

Nlundulu played excellently aside from the one on one which we can absolutely give him the benefit of the doubt after so little football.

Fiorini continues to impress and Bishop stood up well in the deeper role, especially with the first half clearance.

No bad performers today and a super win.

The bipolar nature of a football review board is to praise when we win and lay into them when we lose. A more level tone 9 games into the season is more appropriate. 17th but 3 off the playoffs and a few wins catapult us up the league and we’ve shown enough to say we can string them together starting Tuesday.
A really good post. What I’ve seen so far I think mid table would be a good season. Anything above would be a bonus. Let’s see what happens. Imp forever

Do we know any background about the young lad on the bench? MA seemed to rate him, and he hasn’t been with us that long from what he said but was obviously chosen in front of more established academy players.

A really good battling win. Thought we’d blown it with missing two great chances, then they get a dodgy free kick followed by a corner and I was expecting an equaliser at the death.
We do seem to invite pressure - they had no pace up front, so why the constant retreat to the 18 yard box? Why do we leave one up for a corner? They had all outfield played in advance of 22 yards - we end up penned in and it seems overloaded in the box.
Griffiths and Poole were immense. Dan the man up front had a great game, just needs a bit of match fitness it seems. We looked good going forward.
Bossie - great to see the reception he got from our fans - should have been sent off - awful challenge for a yellow then a pull back a few minutes later that the ref bottled.
This post has been sponsored by Doggy Day Care!!!

Back home after a good win, but a really quite unnecessary stressful last ten minutes today. I thought we were pretty good value for the win overall, but really should have put it to bed well before they had the late chances to get a point. What a magnificent save by Griffiths in injury time. I was in the line of it from our end and thought it was in, but just superb by Josh to keep it out. Then very brave going in with feet thrashing to grab the ball right at the death. Great stuff by him.

Overall a good 3 points against a Burton side who are quite direct but cause problems. I thought that N'Lundulu was very good leading the line and showed a lot of strength throughout. Our back four and Josh in goal played well to keep them out. Poole man of the match for me. I lost count of the number of blocks and clearances with his head today. The captain's role brought the very best out of him

Alphabetically in the menu it comes just after"Hortin talks shite".

Have just seen the stats for the game

Burton had 27 attempts on goal....9 more than we had at Cambridge. We had 12 attempts. Didn't feel like that at the game mind but 27 attempts is a lot!