Creativity problem - work harder says Nuno!? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Creativity problem - work harder says Nuno!?

You miss my point which was that both Ndombele and Lo Celso are high priced midfield signings who have failed to establish themselves, and provide what is necessary. If they had it is questionable if Dele would be in the team.

Okay, I get that point. It's also conceivable that if we sold Alli as we should have done for a more progressive player, we would get more out of Lo Celso and N'Dombele.

You can say they need work and more work but even today you picked a more attacking line up but played pretty much the same.You cannot pick attacking players and then tire themselves out by working so hard as defenders rather than playing on the front foot.The big indication that it was the same boring football was when you take 2 attacking wingers off and replace them with a cdm and a rb.He could have brought Scarlett and either Nile or Dilan.They are both attacking players.As well as leaving Kane on for a bit longer.That is the sort of style you play. Nuno is handy capping our attackers.

I have warned to Nuno as a person as a coach I am even more worried than I was before. I think he is to shared to lose that we don't attack. We got lucky tonight not through good play but through deflections that fell to us. Nuno could have been brave tonight but was not. I think he could train these lads 3 times a day and it would stil play defensive boring football

It's interesting because the season before we signed him he scored 16 goals for Real Betis which I presume was the main reason we signed him. I only really saw goal highlights of that season but he appeared to be playing a more advanced role than his one for Spurs and Argentina.

He's never really struck me as central midfield player so maybe to see the best of him we need to push him further forward?
I see him as a number 10....think he would thrive there

‘We are aware’: Doherty admits Tottenham are ‘lacking’ in two key areas ahead of Chelsea clash

Kyle Archer
2 hours ago

Matt Doherty has explained that Tottenham Hotspur are working on their lack of creativity and their need to defend better after a difficult seven-days, via quotes by football.london.

Nuno Espirito Santo suffered his first loss as Spurs manager last week when Crystal Palace claimed a shock 3-0 win. The north Londoners had won each of their opening three Premier League games under the Portuguese 1-0. But injuries have only added to their problems.

Tottenham lost Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura at Stade Rennes during a hard-fought draw in the Conference League on Thursday. Both are now in a race to prove their fitness to face Chelsea on Sunday, when Nuno will hope to guide Spurs back to winning ways.
GettyImages-1340805669-1024x683.jpg

Doherty understands Tottenham need to improve their creative and defensive work to get back to winning games consistently under Nuno. After not conceding a single goal in three games, they have allowed five in their last two.
“We are working on [the lack of creativity], we are aware we are lacking in chances and goals this season – we have only scored three league goals,” Doherty said.

“We are aware we need to keep the door shut at the back but then when we have the ball, we need to start creating and having our ability we have going forward in the team. If we keep working on it and keep getting in the right positions things will change.”

‘We are aware’: Doherty admits Tottenham are ‘lacking’ in two key areas ahead of Chelsea clash

Kyle Archer
2 hours ago

Matt Doherty has explained that Tottenham Hotspur are working on their lack of creativity and their need to defend better after a difficult seven-days, via quotes by football.london.

Nuno Espirito Santo suffered his first loss as Spurs manager last week when Crystal Palace claimed a shock 3-0 win. The north Londoners had won each of their opening three Premier League games under the Portuguese 1-0. But injuries have only added to their problems.

Tottenham lost Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura at Stade Rennes during a hard-fought draw in the Conference League on Thursday. Both are now in a race to prove their fitness to face Chelsea on Sunday, when Nuno will hope to guide Spurs back to winning ways.
GettyImages-1340805669-1024x683.jpg

Doherty understands Tottenham need to improve their creative and defensive work to get back to winning games consistently under Nuno. After not conceding a single goal in three games, they have allowed five in their last two.
“We are working on [the lack of creativity], we are aware we are lacking in chances and goals this season – we have only scored three league goals,” Doherty said.

“We are aware we need to keep the door shut at the back but then when we have the ball, we need to start creating and having our ability we have going forward in the team. If we keep working on it and keep getting in the right positions things will change.”
Why is it that the players who are most culpable speak to the press about what the team needs to do?

Just a thought on creative players who played in the U 23s last night.

White, Clarke, Devine and Markanday. Are they really behind Gil in potential contribution ?

D
Dohertys cross was way off and bounced off a defender for Hojberg. Mouras shot was going wide and took a big deflection. Two poor executions of what was intended.
Haha all still says luck where we took them, as for Moura's shot going wide, of what? to me it looked like a cross goal pass come shot for the player, forgot who it was, running into the box, sorry if I don't know as much as you Nick lol!

Haha all still says luck where we took them, as for Moura's shot going wide, of what? to me it looked like a cross goal pass come shot for the player, forgot who it was, running into the box, sorry if I don't know as much as you Nick lol!
It was Bergwyn he was looking to pass to. Although if you look at Berg's positioning - right behind the defender - he was very unlikely to find him.

As a pass it was going behind Bergwijn, as a shot wide of the left post. I'm not sure if he pulled it as in golf or just fecked it up Royally. Which is a phrase I couldn't wait to use for Emerson.

As a pass it was going behind Bergwijn, as a shot wide of the left post. I'm not sure if he pulled it as in golf or just fecked it up Royally. Which is a phrase I couldn't wait to use for Emerson.
Not avin that Nick if he was behind the defender then he was behind Lucas also.

The lads must work harder in order to make themselves more difficult to beat, for a long time we were a pushover. Nuno has his work cut out but there are signs of promise with a few of the lads coming out of their shells. He needs another 2 windows i reckon to get us back into contention with the big boys.

We do have a good squad but it's nowhere near a top 4 side. The younger lads coming through will need time. The foreign lads with their first taste of the Prem will need time & our 4th coach in as many years will need... you got it. We sack Nuno we'll be right back to square one. In any case as unfancied as he was there's more to come from him yet.