Steve Cooper | Page 6 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

I don't think it's a choice like that with Cooper

It's more like; do I prefer attacking football and relegation or negative, boring football and relegation.

I honestly do not think there is anything in Cooper's armoury to give him the slightest chance of succeeding in keeping us in this division, let alone succeeding in the medium term.

I doubt he has ever dealt with a squad anywhere near as bad as this before. I honestly see nothing in his record that is remotely what we want or need
If you could have a shortlist of 3 people to approach, who would they be in order?
Howe
Wilder
Lampard

Those would be my 3 to 'approach and try and discuss'. Once these talks failed, I'd be panicking and have no idea :-)

I would actually be quite happy with Lampard
The only thing that is good about Lampard is that he might be able to fill some of the supposed gaps in Forest's squad by borrowing good players from Chelsea etc. which might have some very short- term effects. However, Lampard has no interest in building the club long- term. It is also interesting to see the difference that Tuchel made to the same Chelsea squad that Lampard had had- I know we are talking about very different levels, but that may be an indication of Lampard's coaching/ motivational abilities.
Finally, Lampard is an active Tory, and I think anyone who is married to Christine Bleakley must be a dullard.

I don't think it's a choice like that with Cooper

It's more like; do I prefer attacking football and relegation or negative, boring football and relegation.

I honestly do not think there is anything in Cooper's armoury to give him the slightest chance of succeeding in keeping us in this division, let alone succeeding in the medium term.

I doubt he has ever dealt with a squad anywhere near as bad as this before. I honestly see nothing in his record that is remotely what we want or need
Who would be your personal preference Pope? Looking at Coopers CV he doesnt look bad to me.

Wouldn't mind giving Reid a try for a few games, got the u23s playing with intensity and far more coherent in their attacking play.

This season feels doomed what ever happens, if we get another manager in and they can't get us going we maybe onto the next before the seasons over. I look at all of the names mentioned and none of them make me think they will sort this out, we need Warnock.

I must be missing the point.
Cooper had prem players and wages, plus parachute payments and his football was still negative, boring and ultimately unsuccessful.
Yet he is the one fans want??
Not only that, but he fell out with the board at Swansea over a perceived lack of support.
Why would he come to the circus maximus??

He is. Which makes the fact that he is right even more galling.
Is almost always very right. A highly intelligent, articulate, and thoughtful pundit. He is a bell end, but the fact he is direct, and calls it bluntly with an intelligent and articulate reasoning makes him for me, the best pundit out there. There really is no-one who can hold a candle in terms of debating with him.