#COVID19 | Page 1086 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Sometimes needed to sort a country out. A strong competant party in power when the alternative is a weak incompetant opposition party in power is no bad thing. Dictatorship is perhaps the wrong description of such an arrangement.

The problem is they aren’t strong or acting in the interest of anybody but themselves (I say that as an ex conservative voter). Agree re opposition but that’s the worrying aspect - nobody to challenge huge tax hikes or additional lockdowns. Nothing healthy about that.

The problem is they aren’t strong or acting in the interest of anybody but themselves (I say that as an ex conservative voter). Agree re opposition but that’s the worrying aspect - nobody to challenge huge tax hikes or additional lockdowns. Nothing healthy about that.
Well i agree that competancy is a matter for debate but my comment was about dictatorships always being a bad thing.

Well i agree that competancy is a matter for debate but my comment was about dictatorships always being a bad thing.

TBF, the roads in Germany in the 1930s were excellent, no potholes or anything; also Italy won two world cups whilst basking under their dictator, so yeah, I see your point.

Talk of another October lockdown when they said there wouldn’t be. Vaccine passports going ahead when the vaccine minister said he could be held to his comment when he said they wouldn’t.

Honestly what is going on? I’ve never felt so uneasy about the future of the country and how it’s becoming a dictatorship. The level of control and lack of democracy is frightening.

It's probably no consolation to know that we're no better off than you over here. We're in our tenth week of lockdown in Sydney, can only go 5 k from home and even then only one person on each occasion, and only to get groceries or medical and that sort of stuff. And the lockdown we're told will go on until the end of October and even that is subject to 80% of full vaccinations being completed.
And if and when we reach that point we'll need to have a passport showing 2 vaccinations completed to get into a restaurant, pub or any other crowded space. They haven't given that bit of paper a name yet as folk don't like the term. We will also have to observe the right spacing between people in all of those places and that applies also to trains, buses, etc.

The old way of life is changing, at least for a while, and if you're a world traveler, maybe much longer.

It's probably no consolation to know that we're no better off than you over here. We're in our tenth week of lockdown in Sydney, can only go 5 k from home and even then only one person on each occasion, and only to get groceries or medical and that sort of stuff. And the lockdown we're told will go on until the end of October and even that is subject to 80% of full vaccinations being completed.
And if and when we reach that point we'll need to have a passport showing 2 vaccinations completed to get into a restaurant, pub or any other crowded space. They haven't given that bit of paper a name yet as folk don't like the term. We will also have to observe the right spacing between people in all of those places and that applies also to trains, buses, etc.

The old way of life is changing, at least for a while, and if you're a world traveler, maybe much longer.

I just think it’s horrible. Regardless of people’s views on how you deal with Covid, there is nothing healthy or acceptable about anything you’ve just said above.

I’ve never ever been conspiratorial but my god everything over the last few months absolutely stinks of something underlying. It seems government power has well and truly gone to their heads!

We are witnessing the start of a two tier system, whether intentionally or not, whereby international travel/holidays, will be the preserve of the rich.

This may read as a bit conspiracy nut nut, but if in January you'd have read that vaccine passports would be a 'thing' which are mandatory by the end of the year to enable you to live any semblance of a normal life, you'd have thought the same.

I just think it’s horrible. Regardless of people’s views on how you deal with Covid, there is nothing healthy or acceptable about anything you’ve just said above.

I’ve never ever been conspiratorial but my god everything over the last few months absolutely stinks of something underlying. It seems government power has well and truly gone to their heads!

It's not easy to deal with at any age. we do have a degree of mental problems here already and it's going to get worse. We have a heavy police presence here backing up all the Govt instructions and last week one of my grandsons picked up a $1,000 fine which he intends to fight in court. Also another female rellie was stopped by a copper who accused her of being out of bounds. She wasn't but he followed her all the way home to make sure she wasn't telling him a porkie. Things don't seem to be getting better and I'm inclined to think the old days are well and truly gone.

And we in Australia call ourselves a civilized first world country.
If that's correct it's heaven help the rest of you.

It's not easy to deal with at any age. we do have a degree of mental problems here already and it's going to get worse. We have a heavy police presence here backing up all the Govt instructions and last week one of my grandsons picked up a $1,000 fine which he intends to fight in court. Also another female rellie was stopped by a copper who accused her of being out of bounds. She wasn't but he followed her all the way home to make sure she wasn't telling him a porkie. Things don't seem to be getting better and I'm inclined to think the old days are well and truly gone.

The erosion of civil liberties, with no clear end in sight, seems to be accepted by a disturbingly high amount of people.

The erosion of civil liberties, with no clear end in sight, seems to be accepted by a disturbingly high amount of people.
Inevitable i am afraid. To be honest though civil liberties being given to an increasing number of people who misuse them is not a good thing for society or the planet as a whole. More government control not less is needed in my opinion.

Yes, I think that some folk hope that success, when it does arrive, means that everything will revert to normal. I just can't see it.

Yes, I think that some folk hope that success, when it does arrive, means that everything will revert to normal. I just can't see it.

Well normal here will be the pantomime of masks, scotch eggs, regional lockdowns, Christmas cancelled at the last minute, a new variant, park benches decommissioned, and then some bollocks new vaccine which definitely works this time.

That’s horrendous to be honest! Hope your grandson wins and claims compensation - that’s a despicable impact of liberties

Hasn't Israel had half the Covid deaths of Sweden?
Could the Isreal spike be caused by the influx of tourists from other countries? I am just asking because it happened also in Malta as well. From a handful of cases, tourism season opened, we ended up with 500 cases a day !! . luckily we manged to bring it back under control, not as it was in May ( below 20 cases a day), but at least averaging 50 cases a day...and the majority of which not needing hospital attention ..

It would be interesting to know what point you were attempting to make with your now-deleted post, chap.

It was a spurious swipe at infection rates compared to lockdown severity in countries with different curtailing of civil liberties. Nobody wants another lockdown.

FYI, I deleted it before reading your reply and only a couple of minutes after I posted it so don't get all giddy and drill a glory hole in trap 2 just yet, chap