Akindie should he be asked to play on Saturday? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Akindie should he be asked to play on Saturday?

Would you want Evans to play Akindie this weekend if he makes himself available?

• Total voters
There in lies the problem Chris.
He has a watertight contract.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Harlan’s departure from Brizzle will free up funds for them to increase their salary offer to John.
I’d think that if he was offered a similar salary with two years, he’d happily go.

If Akinde is willing to take the piss* at Gills, wouldn't there be a risk that he could do the same at Rovers?
It's similar to the situation with JET , in my opinion , but Akinde is a lower level.

*Popular opinion amongst some fans

I would not imagine that we would get a fee.
More importantly to free up the wages.
If he can agree terms, I’ll drive him to Bristol.
Nor did I it is a simple fact that if they got a fee for Hanlan the club have more money.So that fact will not only mean they might up their offer for Akindie. They might have enough for someone better.

Back on topic.

I think Akinde should be available for selection and then its up to BFSE if he plays or not.

Whilst he may be happy to remain with us and just take the money, I would hope he would want to put himself "in the shop window" with a chance to secure a contract with someone who will pay him a similar wage but also where he will actually get regular game time.

It's a short career and I would have thought he would want to play as much as possible

I think we’ll keep Akinde as no one else will match his wages. But we still need another striker, a quick one who can run in behind. The whole team lacks pace all over, we are crying out with someone who can run with the ball and carry it forward.

One thing nobody appears to accept is Evans wanted Akinde, and persuaded Paul Scally to pay a fee, and pay a high wage. He and he alone is responsible for the situation the club finds it's self with Akinde. He can have no complaints about Akinde's behaviour he signed him

Has anyone thought that maybe Big John is actually carrying an injury?

I can’t see any reason that he’d want to just “down tools”.

He’s a professional player so probably would like to be out on the pitch. And he’s always been a favorite of SE. Steve has always bigged him up.

If he wants to stay he’d want to be playing to secure a spot or he will spend a season on the bench.

If he’s after a move away he’d want to be playing to showcase himself.

And it’s not as if playing and playing well will mean he’s definitely sold. He’s already turned down offers. It’s up to him, he holds all the cards.

Only reason I can think he’d want to sit out is if he already has a move agree and he’s been asked to ensure he’s not injured. And if that is the case then good luck to him.

And I don’t subscribe to the “he never tries” when playing. Some players naturally look like they are giving 110%. Think Danny Lloyd, Mark Weatherley, Kevin Keegan, Brandon Hanlon etc.

Some players always look laconic and lazy. Think Big John, Matt Le Tissier, Terry Cochrane or Glen Hoddle.

But imho all of them are giving their best. I hope that’s right with John Akinde. Plus he is a big lump of a lad so will never break any speed records.

The manager liked him and worked to get him. He did ok. The manager said love you like a son but you don’t figure in my plans no more. That’s all we got. The evidence/spec ratio is rather wide. The evidence/spec ratio is even wider on the WK/CK issue, although enough to raise an eyebrow.

We pulled serious grandparent duty this evening. Two year old and a 10 monther. Parents and seven year old and five year old have legged it to the State Fair. They’re farm people and actually go for the animals (as well as the corn dogs and rock n’ roll). Watched five episodes of Baby Shark (they’re short) while snacking on cold hot dish. Then 35 minutes rocking a roaring ten month farm boy to sleep. I think he was saying ‘this ain’t right,’ but I could feel the lbs sliding off me. They’re asleep. I’m on my first pint (US) of Angel Seat Amber and boring you lot. The house looks Tsunami’d.

58 - I dare you to ask me about the Angel Seat. It’s to do with trains.

He’s a professional player so probably would like to be out on the pitch. And he’s always been a favorite of SE. Steve has always bigged him up.

If he wants to stay he’d want to be playing to secure a spot or he will spend a season on the bench.

And it’s not as if playing and playing well will mean he’s definitely sold. He’s already turned down offers. It’s up to him, he holds all the cards.

Only reason I can think he’d want to sit out is if he already has a move agree and he’s been asked to ensure he’s not injured. And if that is the case then good luck to him.

And I don’t subscribe to the “he never tries” when playing. Some players naturally look like they are giving 110%. Think Danny Lloyd, Mark Weatherley, Kevin Keegan, Brandon Hanlon etc.

Some players always look laconic and lazy. Think Big John, Matt Le Tissier, Terry Cochrane or Glen Hoddle.

But imho all of them are giving their best. I hope that’s right with John Akinde. Plus he is a big lump of a lad so will never break any speed records.
How dare you lump Saint Terry of Cochrane in the same category as Akinde. :wagging:

What about he's not injured and wants a pay-off?

Does that make any sense?

Love how you put Le Tissier, Hoddle and even Cochrane in the same category as Akinde OSK.🤣

Big John's body language in some of our games has been shocking. Whether he is or isn't trying only hes knows but his body language in some games is he just cba.

Hes frustrating as he can and should be a real handful and at his best he and VO should be a menace for defences , we just haven't seen it from him very often to the point that SE is now looking for a replacement.

Yes JA has a contract so doesn't have to move anywhere and that's on SE for signing him, but he also has a duty as his job to give his best and all for the club. If hes truly done that every time hes stepped on the pitch then fair enough, but that's not how it looks from the stands.