Akindie should he be asked to play on Saturday? | Vital Football

Akindie should he be asked to play on Saturday?

Would you want Evans to play Akindie this weekend if he makes himself available?

• Total voters

chris who

Vital Champions League
I was just wondering the opinion on Akindie in current situation I think Evans needs Akindie to play on Saturday. Not sure if that is what Akindie is willing or able to do .But convincing performance would make a world of difference.

Perhaps the question should be why did we sign him in the first place? He has ability no doubt but we have not seen it too often.

Akinde in my opinion has not got his heart in this club whatsoever, I went down the training ground pre season and watched training, Akinde was last in every task and honestly looked embarrassing for a pro footballer, if a player refuses to play is he not breaking his contract ? Probably not in this world.

Akinde in my opinion has not got his heart in this club whatsoever, I went down the training ground pre season and watched training, Akinde was last in every task and honestly looked embarrassing for a pro footballer, if a player refuses to play is he not breaking his contract ? Probably not in this world.
Makes me wonder if the pains he is getting is because he is unfit after all pre season training was cut short.You are starting to make me doubt.Even if Akindie was willing if his attitude is not right it could badly affect the team.On the other hand if he doesn't make the squad.Who on earth would want a player like that?

Putting yourself out for 90 mins isn't too much to ask , is it ?
For £3k a week*!

*rumoured , not that I'd know.

Perhaps the question should be why did we sign him in the first place? He has ability no doubt but we have not seen it too often.
Really ?
Big John has had some cracking games for us.
On his day he’s unplayable.
You’ve said that you have only ever been to one game with Gimmer so you’re not really in a strong position to critique.
But thanks for your input anyway ‘Kate’

Putting yourself out for 90 mins isn't too much to ask , is it ?
For £3k a week*!

*rumoured , not that I'd know.
According to salarysport he’s the top paid player along with Dempsey. £3k a week.
I can’t confirm how accurate that is but probably not a million miles away.

He needs to take a leaf out of McKenzie book. Hes played 2 90 minute games in the space of 4 days after hardly having trained for 6 weeks according to SE. Whilst SE would never say it, I suspect the fact hes made it public knowledge that Akindes injury is a 'mystery' suggests he thinks Akinde should man the feck up and get out there to help his team mates.

Not that we ever know what type of performance we're going to get when Akinde steps onto the pitch, hes Jekyll and Hyde, either unplayable or a waste of a pair of boots, with more of the later than former in his time with us.

Really ?
You’ve said that you have only ever been to one game with Gimmer so you’re not really in a strong position to critique.
I am guessing Kate is largely based her comments on Gimmer's comments.I feel your comments are a bit disrespectful to be honest.

Really ?
Considering I saw nearly every game last season on i-player with Gimmer I think I am in quite a strong position to critique actually.
Thanks for your input - you may have tried to belittle Gimmer in the past but you won't get far with me.

I am guessing Kate is largely based her comments on Gimmer's comments.I feel your comments are a bit disrespectful to be honest.
He is just rude Chris, another who has tried to belittle Gimmer accusing him of being this Wayne character.

I agree , but it's unfortunately only 'some' of his games. The same applies to 'on his day'
How many of those have we witnessed ?

He's 32 , and at the tail end of his career.
If he wants to continue his (relatively) good wages , surely he needs to prove how good he is ?
I don't mean for Gills, but any chairmen out there willing to pay him.

I agree , but it's unfortunately only 'some' of his games. The same applies to 'on his day'
How many of those have we witnessed ?

He's 32 , and at the tail end of his career.
If he wants to continue his (relatively) good wages , surely he needs to prove how good he is ?
I don't mean for Gills, but any chairmen out there willing to pay him.
I agree that Akindie has to prove he can still do it .Unfortunately if Sunny is right his problem if he has one almost certainly relates to fitness issues and the lack of effort pre season. That being the case he simply isn't going to be fit enough even fit he suddenly wanted to be.It leaves us paying his wages for a while yet .As nobody is going to touch a unfit Akindie.

I agree that Akindie has to prove he can still do it .Unfortunately if Sunny is right his problem if he has one almost certainly relates to fitness issues and the lack of effort pre season. That being the case he simply isn't going to be fit enough even fit he suddenly wanted to be.It leaves us paying his wages for a while yet .As nobody is going to touch a unfit Akindie.
There in lies the problem Chris.
He has a watertight contract.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Harlan’s departure from Brizzle will free up funds for them to increase their salary offer to John.
I’d think that if he was offered a similar salary with two years, he’d happily go.

There in lies the problem Chris.
He has a watertight contract.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Harlan’s departure from Brizzle will free up funds for them to increase their salary offer to John.
I’d think that if he was offered a similar salary with two years, he’d happily go.
He might do well in league two as he has in the past .I suppose it depends on who else is available. The fee paid will be a big factor if they have got over 100k they might have more choice and better options than Akindie.