Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Is that only 2 loan players?
I know MA said he didn’t want to rely so much on loan players this season, but feels like room for at least another exciting signing.
Doesn’t seem to be any concrete rumours though.

Griffiths, Nlundulu and Fiorini - I would be surprised if we weren't towards the limit of loans again as it seems like a potentially more cost effective way to bring in good players. Yes you might lose them at the end of the season but we wouldn't have got a Brennan Johnson quality forward permanently!

MA wants to move away from the loan model but can't do that until you are producing home grown players of the right quality (ongoing project), have the finances to sign the quality (that's not us) or develop some rough diamonds e.g. Scully, Edun.

MA will need to keep bringing in his match winners on loan for a while yet. We're only 18 months into the new model and the first 6 months was spent pruning the older players.

Is that only 2 loan players?
I know MA said he didn’t want to rely so much on loan players this season, but feels like room for at least another exciting signing.
Doesn’t seem to be any concrete rumours though.
Feels like loans will come later in the window once the big clubs decide who is surplus to requirements this season. Could be some exciting names arriving towards the end of August, if all goes well...

MA wants to move away from the loan model but can't do that until you are producing home grown players of the right quality (ongoing project), have the finances to sign the quality (that's not us) or develop some rough diamonds e.g. Scully, Edun.

MA will need to keep bringing in his match winners on loan for a while yet. We're only 18 months into the new model and the first 6 months was spent pruning the older players.
Yeah they've said they want to move away from loans as much as possible but due to covid and the lack of cashflow it's meant we've had to carry doing what we last supplementing the squad with season long loans for the time being.