Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Even if Spurs decide to let him go, surely they would want a good fee for him. Can we afford that? We have 27 players on the books already.

We can but dream for the time being...

Even if Spurs decide to let him go, surely they would want a good fee for him. Can we afford that? We have 27 players on the books already.

We can but dream for the time being...

Likely that some/all of Melbourne, Jones, Longdon, Archibold and the youngsters will be out of loan or moved on permanently.

TJ signed a 3 year deal at Spurs last August. I have no idea what wage he is on, but it won't be the minimum wage and that would be another obstacle. A third (ish) season on loan??? Not many of them happen

Whatever we or any club in this league paid for him (if Tottenham were willing to sell) would be dwarfed by what they would be able to sell him for in a couple of years time.

If you can pay the fee you absolutely should.

I just can't see us having the transfer money, paying the wages needed or a championship team not coming in for him if he was available. Would gladly eat my words if wrong!

Most unlikely.

Evidence For - Ellis Chapman's dad says someone told him it was happening

Against - Rated behind Poole by MA at right back and 3rd or 4th choice at centre half last season.

On 3 year contract at Spurs...
So wages and fee both out of our bracket almost certainly.

Club stated position - we are mainly looking for loans and free transfers, although prepared to paid a sensible fee for those in the last year of their contract (ie selling club would get nothing at end of the season).

So Ellis Dad's rumour Vs the known facts.

It would be an astounding signing in many ways if it occurred.

Most unlikely.

Against - Rated behind Poole by MA at right back and 3rd or 4th choice at centre half last season.

Club stated position - we are mainly looking for loans and free transfers, although prepared to paid a sensible fee for those in the last year of their contract (ie selling club would get nothing at end of the season).

Not sure they are known facts. Opinions. Clearly the best right back at the club last season and clearly in the best centre back pairing with Walsh!! Are we back to that thread again.

Most unlikely.

Ellis’s did post on twitter on monday that two new guys were there at training. Subsequently on Monday and Tuesday we announced new players so he’s got some inside knowledge.

Not sure they are known facts. Opinions. Clearly the best right back at the club last season and clearly in the best centre back pairing with Walsh!! Are we back to that thread again.
Which bits are opinions.

Poole played the bulk of the games after Xmas at right back not TJ

TJ didn't play as a Centre Half when all four candidates were fit.

Which of those are not correct.

I have not offered my opinion on the defensive players just facts.

Yours are opinions.

For what it's worth - my "opinion" is that TJ will be a Championship standard CH quite soon.

Which makes the rest of us buying TJ very unlikely - because Spurs will know this and his value... and it would be very surprising if we could afford that.