V Northampton | Page 3 | Vital Football

V Northampton

Given CH is lumbered with Yates, a midfield dynamo who requires fourteen touches and 5 mins to decide how to continue an attack, he's kinda fooked trying to introduce any form of flow or forward impetus.
So you don't like Yates. He usually delivers a decent pass and gets forward well. Also good at tackling and screening. Just needs to convert those chances, and he's a £10m player.

2 up seems there's been a change of emphasis and being far more attacking, the game plan hopefully is being tweaked to keep it tight first half and be more attacking 2nd rather defend for 90 minutes.

So you don't like Yates. He usually delivers a decent pass and gets forward well. Also good at tackling and screening. Just needs to convert those chances, and he's a £10m player.

£10m?! What....haha...are you his agent?

Fornah looked good against Vale.

Considering how good Watson was for us, DM is a position (or two) we really need to fill well.

'Yates gets a round of applause as he is replaced by Fornah. He's been good again tonight. Looks like he's really worked on his passing.'

OK, it's the NEP, but doesn't sound too shabby.

Let's hope he continues his improvement this season. As you say, its the NEP...

Detlef Esapa Osong has scored for the u-23s again.

I'll be back in a few months when I've worked out a good anagram of his name. Certainly different.

TBH, the challenge for Carvalho is to walk back into this side. He can do everything Krovinovic could, and scores more goals. If he steps up, he can take us up this season.

Has Carvhlo played the full game? He looks to have bulked up a little, maybe he's ready to have a real go at the championship?

And doesn't IBM live in Canada? So maybe not the best move to invite him to come and see a game.

Why are you so convinced we'll be relegated?

Fully entitled to your opinion, but even before the season starts?
No, I'm convinced the squad that we have right now would be relegated.

It's hardly Inspector Poirot.

This team finished on 53 points. It's end of season form was nothing short of shocking and it had the worst goals per game ratio in the club's history.

That squad has lost 12 players, including several that were genuine contributors to what little we did achieve- players without whom we would have gone down.

So yeah, the squad as it stands today is a relegation squad in my mind- no question.

That is why I am increasingly concerned. There is, in my mind, quite a lot to do to make this squad one that can survive. And it needs depth as well; 14 signings last season and the squad still looked wafer thin.

There is a lot to do, and nothing so far has been concluded. Every day goes by makes "a lot to do" a bigger ask