V Northampton | Vital Football

V Northampton

Probably near our best team, fairly concerning. Surprised the yanks not starting.

If we don't replace both Yates and Cafu then we can look forward to another very disappointing season. We'll be having our 1000th iteration of whether Yates is good enough to play CM while languishing in 17th.

Hughton totally lost me last season but the hope has started to creep back in. It'll definitely be the hope that kills me (again).

If we don't replace both Yates and Cafu then we can look forward to another very disappointing season. We'll be having our 1000th iteration of whether Yates is good enough to play CM while languishing in 17th.

Hughton totally lost me last season but the hope has started to creep back in. It'll definitely be the hope that kills me (again).
That team is so poor, it won't be just Yates that we are lamenting and 17th will be a pipe dream

Yeah, but he's particularly crap.

At least the others have a modicum of talent, all Yates can do is:

- overhit his "passes" +20 yards of its intended target...
- fall over when he miscontrols the ball when pressured by an opponent....
- point at random areas of the pitch, sometimes....

Great!

I am happy with that line up to start. Have a good look at the two lads at fullback. Stretch the legs of the rest but a big chance for Carv. Expect a few changes through the game. Like to see Fornah.

Great!

U forgot miss headers but maybe he is a year wiser.

Great!
I'm yet to properly discern what Cafu's talent is. He looks well placed in a team incapable of scoring I suppose.

Gabriel and Richardson have the "they are kids so they must be great" card going for them, but I don't know if there is any talent to back that up. I suspect we are simply not lucky enough to have suddenly happened on two outstanding fullbacks in our own academy. This position really worries me.

I am more sceptical of Mighten than most; certainly of Mighten this year, in the sense that I don't see him being the season changing player we desperately need yet.

I don't see Hughton liking Carvalho any more than Karanka or Lamouchi did

Jesus, we are in big, big trouble at the moment.

My IPTV has a link to the game but it's dead I think.

Gabriel looks OK to me and scope to improve, not sure on the other lad is he right footed as well? We need 4 or 5 decent additions if we want to look at the top 10 and one of those needs to be a forward of decent quality. Clocks really ticking now.

I am clinging to the hope that in the next ten days the squad will look very different…
It's going to have to be a lightning spree the like of which we are not used to seeing.

Hughton's last interview was not optimistic at all.

Alarm bells absolutely should be ringing. We are never so far from progress this late in pre season.

It would be different if we already had a team that could cope in the SBC. We could at least express disappointment at a lack of progress.

But this team will be relegated. It could easily have been last season when it had 12 extra players.