V Northampton | Page 9 | Vital Football

V Northampton

BJ has the potential, whether his Dad lets him stay is another matter - clearly, I hope he does stay and I hope that he gets a chance, as well as Gabriel & Fornah.

I think Swan, Konate & Fernandez will be loaned out.

Fortunately, we don't need to sell - but every player has his price and I'm not that worried about signings, because whilst we do need some signings (& we will make some soon) - if CH can get the best out of Carvalho and then, benefits from a fully fit Lolley, Grabban, McKenna, Colback & even Taylor - plus, play the youngsters = BJ, Mighten, Gabriel, Fornah etc - then, I don't see that we are that much weaker.

We obviously need signings, but I'd rather it be 5 or 6 quality (incl' loans) rather than the mass turnover we have seen.

For all the moans about players like Christie, Krovinovic, Knockaert and Ribiero we have lost players who made over 200 starts for us last season , including 5 who were deemed to be the best available to us for the last game of the season (Garner plus the 4 named). I certainly hope some of the youngsters come good, and there is time to sign people, but there are a lot of "ifs" at the moment. Are Lolley and Grabban fit and back to their old form, or are they both past it ? Will Carvalho ever show the promise he showed in the Middlesborough game ? Johnson looked ok at Lincoln, and is still young, but I don't think he's as good as Krovinovic yet, and despite Blackpool's interest in Gabriel, he did lose his place in their team prior to the playoffs. From what bit I saw of them, they are still ones for the future rather than this season. Even with a fit and successful Lolley, Grabban and Carvalho we have no cover. WE have time to bring people in, but I do think our squad currently looks the weakest it has for several seasons.

For all the moans about players like Christie, Krovinovic, Knockaert and Ribiero we have lost players who made over 200 starts for us last season , including 5 who were deemed to be the best available to us for the last game of the season (Garner plus the 4 named). I certainly hope some of the youngsters come good, and there is time to sign people, but there are a lot of "ifs" at the moment. Are Lolley and Grabban fit and back to their old form, or are they both past it ? Will Carvalho ever show the promise he showed in the Middlesborough game ? Johnson looked ok at Lincoln, and is still young, but I don't think he's as good as Krovinovic yet, and despite Blackpool's interest in Gabriel, he did lose his place in their team prior to the playoffs. From what bit I saw of them, they are still ones for the future rather than this season. Even with a fit and successful Lolley, Grabban and Carvalho we have no cover. WE have time to bring people in, but I do think our squad currently looks the weakest it has for several seasons.

We will bring players in, as I keep saying (& others do too) - there is almost nothing happening and it appears that we aren't looking at the free agent market.

Hence, we're targeting players that other clubs want to keep hold of, but we don't want to pay what they want..... clearly not that easy to meet the Law Of demand equilibrium price!