Coronavirus | Page 725 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

It's a good few pages back now, but the vaccines haven't been rushed through - it's been streamlined and the bureaucracy was removed which massively contributes to the usual 10 yr pattern.

i just don't understand the UK governments strategy (or lack of) on the whole dealing with the pandemic. Its totally contradicted itself . An absolute shambles and we must be an absolute laughing stock, we are being lead by a total buffoon

It's a good few pages back now, but the vaccines haven't been rushed through - it's been streamlined and the bureaucracy was removed which massively contributes to the usual 10 yr pattern.
well that's the strapline and what we've been fed. they are hardly going to say yes we've bollocksed these ones through

well that's the strapline and what we've been fed. they are hardly going to say yes we've bollocksed these ones through

No mate, those are the facts...it's the process, and further time was saved because we didn't have to design/create a working delivery system on top as that had already been proven with this type of vaccine and Covid isn't new, it was just this strain. On that front it's no different from the annual flu workup - so much was already known so the process is speedy.

The only thing you can really argue was 'rushed' was the approvals but even that wasn't rushed, it was simply put to the front of the queue because of the Covid focus, so labs/Gov depts got straight on it rather than clearing their in tray first and getting to it in the order they were submitted for approval.

i just don't understand the UK governments strategy (or lack of) on the whole dealing with the pandemic. Its totally contradicted itself . An absolute shambles and we must be an absolute laughing stock, we are being lead by a total buffoon

It feels like NY is the only place that "got it right" but that was full of calamities too. From what I've been told NY has gone right back to normal. No masks in the street, bars are full to the rafters and you can hardly get a reservation on the weekend. Trains are at 80% capacity and theres a mix of the masked and maskless.

Every governing body seems to have made a mess of things one way or the other.

I am curious about what would have happened 20 years ago. I feel like it would have been a disaster for business, moreso than now but that we'd have recovered quicker. Was misinformation back then as big as it is now? surely not?

the side effects of the vax creating heart inflamations in the youngsters is a real concern. I think blackmailing the kids to get vaxed is a worry

Very rare though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57781637#

but I'm sure I read that the youngsters were going to be given the other vaccinations, not the questionned moderna and pfizer

Heart inflammation is a "very rare" side-effect of the Covid vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna, according to regulators in Europe.
The European Medicines Agency said the side-effects were more common in younger men.
The medicines safety body said the benefits of Covid vaccines continue to far outweigh any risks.
But doctors and patients have been advised to be aware of the symptoms of heart inflammation.

and yes, of course, side effects are a worry for all concerned, including the people making them and giving them, as they are also taking them.

Mrs M had a work function on Friday. 17 NHS workers getting together for the first time in 18 months. All planned to be compliant with the rules and regs. What a boost to them and organised in the hope that the country would be in a different place.
They have taken the decision to cancel out of duty and responsibility. What happens if one of the 17 gets positive, they will all be off work. A whole team. Must be gutting seeing what else is going on, has been going on and being restricted more than ever. Not a poor them sympathy post but this freedom day bollocks is a piss take.
Wonder how many realise the sacrifices even away from the work place some people are making . Some don’t deserve them tbh.

Last edited:
i have to say the checks at the gates at Silverstone yesterday were an absolute joke. Outsourced minimum wage security guards just letting everyone in. then when in not a mask in site .

i have to say the checks at the gates at Silverstone yesterday were an absolute joke. Outsourced minimum wage security guards just letting everyone in. then when in not a mask in site .

Masks were not required to be worn as designated by Public Health England. It was a test event to see if mass events with certifications would work so usual covid rules did not apply. Those entering were required to be proof of double jabbed or negative recent lateral flow test. Surprised you didn’t know that if you went tbh, surely you were told or given guidance before attending around the requirements or non requirements in the mask case.

Last edited:
the side effects of the vax creating heart inflamations in the youngsters is a real concern. I think blackmailing the kids to get vaxed is a worry

Less than a 1 in a million chance of getting heart inflammation. 1 in 35 million chance of dying from it.

1 in a 100 chance of dying of covid without a vaccine.

No mate, those are the facts...it's the process, and further time was saved because we didn't have to design/create a working delivery system on top as that had already been proven with this type of vaccine and Covid isn't new, it was just this strain. On that front it's no different from the annual flu workup - so much was already known so the process is speedy.

The only thing you can really argue was 'rushed' was the approvals but even that wasn't rushed, it was simply put to the front of the queue because of the Covid focus, so labs/Gov depts got straight on it rather than clearing their in tray first and getting to it in the order they were submitted for approval.

I read somewhere that the first vaccine was developed within 2 days of the DNA of Covid being sequenced. After that, it took about a year to get full approval.