Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 547 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

With that said, I do feel like I should mess my place up a bit before the cleaner comes, I'm so tidy and I really should give her more of a challenge!

Its ok in Amington.
That area has special memories for me mate.In the very early sixties my Grandad retired from GEC, and bought a lovely country house not far from Amington.
You used to go straight through Alvercote, and where the road turns right over the railway bridge, you could go straight on for about a hundred yards.
Nan and Grandads house was at the end of there, plus two small cottages.
It was heaven for me as an eleven year old train spotter and angler.
The job of water bailiff on the Anchor and the two lakes went with the house.
Grandad died, the National Coal Board bought the house, and cottages and demolished them. Criminal.
Very happy days.

That area has special memories for me mate.In the very early sixties my Grandad retired from GEC, and bought a lovely country house not far from Amington.
You used to go straight through Alvercote, and where the road turns right over the railway bridge, you could go straight on for about a hundred yards.
Nan and Grandads house was at the end of there, plus two small cottages.
It was heaven for me as an eleven year old train spotter and angler.
The job of water bailiff on the Anchor and the two lakes went with the house.
Grandad died, the National Coal Board bought the house, and cottages and demolished them. Criminal.
Very happy days.
I know it very well mate. The lane that runs down to Alvecote is Robeys Lane,not far from where I live now. I always used to go that way to get to East Midlands Airport, wind my way through on to A453.

n
I know it very well mate. The lane that runs down to Alvecote is Robeys Lane,not far from where I live now. I always used to go that way to get to East Midlands Airport, wind my way through on to A453.
I went down memory lane about 6-7 years back, had Sunday lunch in The Pigs, and as the road turns over the railway bridge, by the old priory the road down to Grandads house had been gated off.
A group of travellers had smashed the locks off, so I went a walk down, nothing but footings left.