Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 121 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

It also really annoys me the way some posters on here are just accepting this appointment ,like "oh well we're shit,what other manager would come to us" we are Tottenham Hotspur. Ffs sake lads...

We're looking to recover with a known PL quantity, now isn't the time to gamble and be reckless, and as you know there are always lots of ex-managers/coaches looking to get back into the game.

Like you, I would have perhaps taken a chance on a younger manager, but many would then say we screwed up yet again, two leading young managers could have been in our final 3 line up, but I'm told ruled themselves out.

Nuno is just a poor man's Jose and he was shit. I must admit I was looking forward to this coming season but now I just have little hope of improvement. He is not the name we needed. We could have done better. To me this lacks any ambition. I am sorry ex but if this is where we are at we are in a worse state than anyone could have thought . He is mid table at best. Is this a manager that is going to inspire our best to stay here or better players to come. I don't think so as you reputation is only as good as your last games job and his last job ended in failure because he could not figure out how to play without his star man . Does not fill me with confidence as Kane is on his way out

Mason got us playing better in a couple of weeks in charge. He mostly unshackled the players from Jose's stupid methods and backed talented guys like Dele. Mason's problem was some senior players let him down by losing their professionalism. We all know who they were.

Nuno can go way beyond that, but he will need Paratici to perform this summer in the transfer market. We need to get rid of quite a few of the senior toxic deadwood dragging our club down.

Nothing like a few new faces to get a smile back on our face.

It's clear that Levy acted in anger and had no plan A, B, C,D or E - he probably never considered how many managers and coaches wouldn't be interested.

If Levy was a chairman/CEO, he'd have been pushed out by now, but he's not, but he's shown his smarts by fading into the background.

If this goes all wrong early days, he won't be able to show his face at the ground ever again.

I wish Nuno well and hope he can succeed in what has become an almost impossible job.
Thats my point Ex,at one of the biggest crossroads in his career,one where he had to make a crucial decision,he fucks up again.

Absolute Fuckin Joke,Levys comments about us losing our way and getting a manager in who will play the Tottenham way is pure smoke and daggers. Levy went for the cheap,yes man option again. All these months waiting to appoint a manager and this is the best he comes up with. And how did Paratici accept that an ex Wolves manager was good enough for Tottenham Hotspur,not a great start to his DOF Spurs career is it. Sick of Levy and the way our beloved club has fallen. Livid I am.😡😡😡😡
Unfortunately too many managers have decided that Tottenham Hotspur is not good enough for them!

Nuno is just a poor man's Jose and he was shit. I must admit I was looking forward to this coming season but now I just have little hope of improvement. He is not the name we needed. We could have done better. To me this lacks any ambition. I am sorry ex but if this is where we are at we are in a worse state than anyone could have thought . He is mid table at best. Is this a manager that is going to inspire our best to stay here or better players to come. I don't think so as you reputation is only as good as your last games job and his last job ended in failure because he could not figure out how to play without his star man . Does not fill me with confidence as Kane is on his way out
👏👏👏👏

Any top manager we spoke to turned us down.

We were desperate and this is the result.

Act in anger, repent at your leisure comes to mind.

Now let's hope Levy's anger at Jose's behaviour (I wish it would go public) has come with what might be a hefty price.

Levy took an out and out gamble on Jose, I dispaired but got behind him until I wish I'd never had.

We have nothing to lose with Nuno, we're at rock bottom and he may well be just the smart, optimistic antidote we needed.

Every manager appointment is a gamble.

Act in anger, repent at your leisure comes to mind.

Now let's hope Levy's anger at Jose's behaviour (I wish it would go public) has come with what might be a hefty price.

Levy took an out and out gamble on Jose, I dispaired but got behind him until I wish I'd never had.

We have nothing to lose with Nuno, we're at rock bottom and he may well be just the smart, optimistic antidote we needed.

Every manager appointment is a gamble.
What happened with Jose then Ex?
In a roundabout not get done in a libellous sort of way....

So we finally have a manager/coach who’s side struggled last season but let’s not forget the club sold their top striker to pool. That made a significant change to that team…that said should he have still achieved more…was the squad capable…I don’t think so. He may well end up in a similar situation however he has a far better squad and a DoF who should bring some young talent in to improve what we have. I will be fair and give him a chance to show his intent…what else did we really expect, he will likely get enough crap from the opposition. He may surprise many of us…or not!

I get that RD but surely we would have had better 2nd choice options.

I think to start with Levy probably thought he could get Naglesman or Ten. I'm pretty sure both were the top 2 targets at the start.

After that we spoke to Fonzerelli and Lopetegui. The Fonzerelli had dodgy taxes and fecked up the interview. Mr Seville wasn't interested.

Ex even confirmed we spoke to Poch.

I don't have a clue who else we spoke with but wouldn't be surprised if there was more on the list.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was 10th on the list.