Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 120 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

So are we saying that Nuno was the man for the job all along, but we had to wait until his Wolves contract expired on Jun 30? That would make guys like Fonseca smokescreens or "made up" crap from the press.

It does feel like Nuno was never close to being 1st choice, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good choice.

So are we saying that Nuno was the man for the job all along, but we had to wait until his Wolves contract expired on Jun 30? That would make guys like Fonseca smokescreens or "made up" crap from the press.

It does feel like Nuno was never close to being 1st choice, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good choice.
That's pretty much how I see it (the second para).

Not if you are brave I know at least 2 younger manager's that would jump at the chance. There are also 2 I know looking to get back into club football after the euro's. Unfortunately I don't think we are brave enough to wait or go for a younger manager.

We're looking to recover with a known PL quantity, now isn't the time to gamble and be reckless, and as you know there are always lots of ex-managers/coaches looking to get back into the game.

Like you, I would have perhaps taken a chance on a younger manager, but many would then say we screwed up yet again, two leading young managers could have been in our final 3 line up, but I'm told ruled themselves out.

I also want Nuno to embrace what it means to be a Spurs manager. Buy quality over quantity and only buy young. Don't even mention the Coady or Jimenez words in the transfer discussions. It will end in tears if he goes that route. Make sure you treat everyone the same and give the kids their fair chance.

Finally, veto any old Italian player offered by Paratici.

Like it or not, we are in a rotten state after Jose and no top of his professional manager/coach is prepared to take us on.

It might take three seasons before we compete for top 4 again...
We were in a rotten state long before Jose left.
This entire thing has been a farce - and if all we are going to be coming out with is a DoF that managed to do quite well at the richest club in the dodgy league of Europe and Wolves ex manager speaks volumes about the way we are run.

What a truly uninspiring appointment. A coach on a downward spiral that simply does not have a draw and does not meet the criteria Levy stated we were searching for.
Nuno isn’t known for bringing youth through and improving them and that’s something we are increasingly reliant on. We truly are the laughing stock of the PL! Wait since April for a coach that’s been out of work since the end of the season. What a total joke!

I wonder where he was on the list? 5th, 6th?

I feel for the guy because 80% of spurs fans really don't want him here.

It's hardly a wow appointment but we have been on the decline for years.

As much as it sucks he is our level. We are in The Europa Conference League ffs. No top manager would go anywhere near it.

If he can get us top 6 for the next few seasons that will be a solid return.

Absolute Fuckin Joke,Levys comments about us losing our way and getting a manager in who will play the Tottenham way is pure smoke and daggers. Levy went for the cheap,yes man option again. All these months waiting to appoint a manager and this is the best he comes up with. And how did Paratici accept that an ex Wolves manager was good enough for Tottenham Hotspur,not a great start to his DOF Spurs career is it. Sick of Levy and the way our beloved club has fallen. Livid I am.😡😡😡😡

Absolute Fuckin Joke,Levys comments about us losing our way and getting a manager in who will play the Tottenham way is pure smoke and daggers. Levy went for the cheap,yes man option again. All these months waiting to appoint a manager and this is the best he comes up with. And how did Paratici accept that an ex Wolves manager was good enough for Tottenham Hotspur,not a great start to his DOF Spurs career is it. Sick of Levy and the way our beloved club has fallen. Livid I am.😡😡😡😡

It's clear that Levy acted in anger and had no plan A, B, C,D or E - he probably never considered how many managers and coaches wouldn't be interested.

If Levy was a chairman/CEO, he'd have been pushed out by now, but he's not, but he's shown his smarts by fading into the background.

If this goes all wrong early days, he won't be able to show his face at the ground ever again.

I wish Nuno well and hope he can succeed in what has become an almost impossible job.

To be fair, it is an uninspiring appointment for most, but then Poch was too.

Many got hugely excited about the nob Jose and look how that turned out.

Let's hope he surprises everyone. He's got a massive job to do.

I think he's already a favourite for the sackrace...
I'll wager there are players licking their lips over how easy the next season is going to be for them.
We are going to land up with about 7 Danny Roses on the spare training pitch if we are not careful.

To be fair, it is an uninspiring appointment for most, but then Poch was too.

Many got hugely excited about the nob Jose and look how that turned out.

Let's hope he surprises everyone. He's got a massive job to do.

I think he's already a favourite for the sackrace...
Hopefully you are wrong Ex, the Club badly needs him to be a success. I don't think that he would have been too many fans first choice, but he does have worthwhile PL experience and took Wolves deep into the Europa League. We could have done a lot worse, I'm cautiously optimistic.