#COVID19 | Page 1038 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Downing Street’s choice of graphs need to be seen in the context that its own modellers have already admitted that they do not know whether releasing restrictions on June 21 would have caused unsustainable pressure on the NHS.

If they don't know then the logical thing to do is err on the side of caution.

Same can be said about many things, some will state that they dont know 100% if locking the India travel would have prevented the spike in this variant. Whilst the sensible cautionary thing would have been to lock them down weeks before we did,

1% of patients in hospital, that's 1%, are in for Covid.

Of course you are correct but it is not the live figures decision makers are looking at but the projected. If 7000 are being tested today as having covid and that is an under registration, plus they are doubling every two days we could be looking at six figures in three weeks time. A rise in infections results in a rise in hospital admissions and ICU. We know from past waves the curve quickly becomes very steep. What has changed is the link between infections and severe illness requiring hospital admission. This link will not be broken until over 80% have been vaccinated, most with both jabs. It is unknown what a delay in complete relaxation of rules makes to the curve but it would stand to reason that it will certainly make it no worse and probably reduces the peak of the wave by half. A month delay will make little difference to the economy despite hospitality and wedding planners screams. The pace of unlocking depends almost entirely on the speed of jabbing. Vaccines are proving to be highly effective, even against variants despite antivaxxers and misinformants attempting to undermine the process. We have to learn to live with covid but at least for the moment a little bit more restraint is needed. A month will make a considerable difference. Infections may still be high but the link will be broken.

If they don't know then the logical thing to do is err on the side of caution.

Same can be said about many things, some will state that they dont know 100% if locking the India travel would have prevented the spike in this variant. Whilst the sensible cautionary thing would have been to lock them down weeks before we did,

I think there is a difference between using graphs to sell a narrative and being cautious. I’m fully on board with being cautious but I really don’t like it if statistics are used by politicians to sell a particular point of view. Breeds total distrust

Did they march chanting "George Bush, you are wrong, there are no WMDs in Iraq"?

I didn't go on the big London march- I believe we were playing at the New Den (or somewhere like that) that weekend and I did that instead. Most of my uni friends went, and an ascerbic takedown of the evidence for WMDs was not really how the described it to me.

What they described was more "don't go to war, because war is wrong". Which, of course, it was, is and always will be.

Alas, you seem to have far more respect for Bush and Blair than I ever did. You seem very willing to ascribe to cunning and conspiracy what I am absolutely sure was pure cock up.

No idea what you are talking about with Saudi Arabia. For a start, 15 of the 20 attackers (one was detained at the airport) were Saudi, not 18- with several havving spent considerable time in America or Germany anyway. 9/11 was never the major motivation for any of Iraq. Yes, Bush in desperation spun some old pony, evidence free, that Saddam has some links to 9/11. Who did anything other than laugh at that?

I'm not sure what lizard based conspiracy you are advocating. I could at least respect if you tried claiming it was all about oil, as we all assumed back then. But amidst all the pointless insults, you don't seem capable of advancing a theory.

Personally I think it was pure vanity on Bush's part. Is wouldnt ascribe it to any less base human trait than that.

Shut up you fanny

Millions Knew it was bollocks, you weapons grade idiots believed the lie because you are naïve numpties who are incapable of an original thought and believe the shite you are fed by our media and at the time Blair, Bush etc

Millions of us marched against it, just because you didn't have the mental ability or capacity to see it and go on the protests doesn't mean that people didn't know it was bollocks. Maybe you should also try and get information from other than the Murdoch owned media once or twice in your life

Again millions new it was bollocks.
Davide Kelly was murdered because he said it was bollocks
There was over 700 inspections made to find WMD's and they didn't find shit
This is all fact

Iraq had been under a no fly zone for many years there was a massive west presence already there with military bases in and around Iraq

As for you going to a game, don't give a shit football is not more important than pushing the world into a dangerous place based on lies but you are shot of empathy as you still don't give a fuck that all those innocent people in the middle east were murdered, with your backing, and you still suck off Blairs pre-ejaculate

How are you not able to connect 9/11 and Saudia Arabia to the war in Iraq?
Fuckin ell and you are a teacher!!!! Jesus fucking Christ.

Shut up you fanny

Millions Knew it was bollocks, you weapons grade idiots believed the lie because you are naïve numpties who are incapable of an original thought and believe the shite you are fed by our media and at the time Blair, Bush etc

Millions of us marched against it, just because you didn't have the mental ability or capacity to see it and go on the protests doesn't mean that people didn't know it was bollocks. Maybe you should also try and get information from other than the Murdoch owned media once or twice in your life

Again millions new it was bollocks.
Davide Kelly was murdered because he said it was bollocks
There was over 700 inspections made to find WMD's and they didn't find shit
This is all fact

Iraq had been under a no fly zone for many years there was a massive west presence already there with military bases in and around Iraq

As for you going to a game, don't give a shit football is not more important than pushing the world into a dangerous place based on lies but you are shot of empathy as you still don't give a fuck that all those innocent people in the middle east were murdered, with your backing, and you still suck off Blairs pre-ejaculate

How are you not able to connect 9/11 and Saudia Arabia to the war in Iraq?
Fuckin ell and you are a teacher!!!! Jesus fucking Christ.

In through the nose, out through the mouth, aaaaaand relax.

Have you considered anger management courses?