The Playoff Thread 2021 | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Playoff Thread 2021

Ah, has he turned down a new contract offer? I wasn’t aware of that. Or do you just get the impression he’s not looking to stay?

I’m keen to see what he can do but I have felt like a lot of talk about Brentford / premier league being in for him seems very premature... Mighten was evidently judged to be quite far ahead of him last season and, though I like the lad a lot, he hasn’t exactly torn it up for us yet has he...
Agreed

Brennan is yet to sign a new contract. If he is willing to commit, even with a promise to sell if X club or Y offer comes along, then for me he can stay and be developed to his heart's content.

I’ve never seen a ref give as many nothing free-kicks to one side as Blackpool got today. I feel like Forest never get a ref willing to call every cynical bit of play in our favour. Blackpool were the better side, but any threat of pressure was relieved by poor refereeing. You could call it game management, but falling over only seems to be called a foul for some teams.

When we had Watson I'd say we gamed the ref 9 times out of 10.

Ah, has he turned down a new contract offer? I wasn’t aware of that. Or do you just get the impression he’s not looking to stay?

I’m keen to see what he can do but I have felt like a lot of talk about Brentford / premier league being in for him seems very premature... Mighten was evidently judged to be quite far ahead of him last season and, though I like the lad a lot, he hasn’t exactly torn it up for us yet has he...

One can only assume the Club have either offered him a new deal or are in the process of doing so; he is now in the final two years of his current contract.

The problem with Brennan is that he has a half wit for an agent; his father, David.

Brennan comes across has being very level headed; the type of young player who knows that he needs far more playing experience under his belt.

David, on the other hand, is touting him round any Club who will answer his phone calls, and has been doing so for a few years now.

The only saving grace is the number of Clubs who want nothing to do with him; he came very close to landing one PL Club in the mire for an unauthorised approach a couple of seasons back.

Apart from the financial advantage of having your Dad as your agent, keeping money in the family. Dad only has one client and can thus answer his phone to anyone of interest and has plenty of time to push his one client. There comes a time when it becomes an advantage to have a professional agent who has links to many networks. Suggest that that time is fast approaching if BJ is to move into the top sphere. If he negotiates a new contract with Forest, Johnson senior could remain agent but if he sees out his present contract surely a new agent will be required to lead a top deal.

Apart from the financial advantage of having your Dad as your agent, keeping money in the family. Dad only has one client and can thus answer his phone to anyone of interest and has plenty of time to push his one client. There comes a time when it becomes an advantage to have a professional agent who has links to many networks. Suggest that that time is fast approaching if BJ is to move into the top sphere. If he negotiates a new contract with Forest, Johnson senior could remain agent but if he sees out his present contract surely a new agent will be required to lead a top deal.

Why would Brennan Johnson need a new agent?

His dad is already the world's best agent. '
'
Or at least he probably is in his own head.

1) I am confident that Brentford's stadium will generate more revenue than ours wants people are allowed to do normal people shit.

If Forest got a new ground, yes it may well generate more revenue, but based on our track record of managing our affairs, that would only be on the basis of us not fucking that up, so the chances are fairly slim.

2) What are the four chances of ours you are referring to?

In the 13 seasons we've been in the Championship, we've reached the Playoffs twice and finished in the top half six times (which includes the two seasons we've finished in the Playoffs).

I'm fairly certain this does not compare favourably against even 80% of clubs who have been in this league for a comparable period.

To put it simply, we are what we are - a small, tinpot, lower Championship outfit.

Sleeping giant. Or more like catatonic giant.

I don't get the major negativity on Bj's dad, he's just touting him as much as any agent, we just hear about it more locally etc,

He literally believes he's a good player, destined for good things and wants him to be part of a good side. BJ also wants to be in the first team playing regularly and climbing towards the top division.

DJ is not the only one with these thoughts, I called him our next JJ, the club have spoken highly of him, Brazil has spoken very highly of him which isn't actually that common and the club he was loaned out too also said the same.

With 2 years on his contract left, the onus is on Forest to sort him a deal if they want to keep him or add value. Not on BJ. He has no need to even look at it at this moment. The only way he would/should sign a new deal, fair or great is if he is part of CH's plans and the side are looking good.

So 'it is what it is', we will see what CH thinks of him.

Indeed.

Notts were totally in the ascendancy at the end and it looked certain they would repeat the chesterfield game.

But a set piece and iffy penalty later and now it's a mountain to climb
While I struggle to summon any real interest in County after the Munto Finance fiasco, I do still think it’s a shame that they aren’t in the League but it’s going to be at least another season now…

While I struggle to summon any real interest in County after the Munto Finance fiasco, I do still think it’s a shame that they aren’t in the League but it’s going to be at least another season now…
Yes, and an end to their parachute payments which make things more difficult.

When you go down in any division, it is essential that you take your chance to get back up first time