The Playoff Thread 2021 | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Playoff Thread 2021

Yes, and an end to their parachute payments which make things more difficult.

When you go down in any division, it is essential that you take your chance to get back up first time
If they don’t get up next season I could see them being stuck down there for a while.

In a way it’s amusing but in another it’s a shame. If we aren’t getting promoted any time soon I would like to see them in the Championship with us for a season as it’s been too long since we played them - 27 years in the league…

If they don’t get up next season I could see them being stuck down there for a while.

In a way it’s amusing but in another it’s a shame. If we aren’t getting promoted any time soon I would like to see them in the Championship with us for a season as it’s been too long since we played them - 27 years in the league…

We will never play Notts again.

We will never play Leicester again.

Are we going out of business then? Or are they? Even if we were never to meet in the league there are always the cups…

We play one game per season in each cup.

Given that Leicester do not play in the round of one of the cups that we get eliminated in, that leaves one round of another cup (FA) and gives us a 64/1 chance of playing them on any given season.

Our best chance of playing Notts would be if we were to get relegated to League One so that we could play Notts in the First Round of the FA Cup.

It would be a tall order for Notts to reach the Third Round.

I guess there is the outside possibility of them getting promoted and playing in the First Round of the League Cup.

Probably the most realistic eventuality is us getting relegated to League One, Notts getting promoted to League Two and the both of us playing in the Group stages of the Auto Windscreens Mickey Mouse Cup before getting eliminated.

We could also obviously play Leicester Reserves through the same eventuality, which would be 'nice'.

We play one game per season in each cup.

Given that Leicester do not play in the round of one of the cups that we get eliminated in, that leaves one round of another cup (FA) and gives us a 64/1 chance of playing them on any given season.

Our best chance of playing Notts would be if we were to get relegated to League One so that we could play Notts in the First Round of the FA Cup.

It would be a tall order for Notts to reach the Third Round.

I guess there is the outside possibility of them getting promoted and playing in the First Round of the League Cup.

Probably the most realistic eventuality is us getting relegated to League One, Notts getting promoted to League Two and the both of us playing in the Group stages of the Auto Windscreens Mickey Mouse Cup before getting eliminated.

We could also obviously play Leicester Reserves through the same eventuality, which would be 'nice'.

Or we could literally just finish in the top quarter of the league and then win a couple of games

p.s Our lads have Cat1 now remember, Leicester can only lose out to us in that niche :)

Haha. Impossible. Never going to happen.

Whilst its been hard to be optimistic for a while mate, its dissapointing to see you tumble down towards Pope levels of Pessimism.

Cat 1 is a biggie, on top of the first rate academy we already have.
An owner who is now clearly in it for the long haul and supportive.
A new ground for Jbcasta, probably ready for 2023
A manager who soon will become one of our longest serving managers in a decade or two.
Derby doing shit and looking like they will continue to do shit

Dust yerself off, lift up that chin, think about where you want us to get to and watch the magic begin

Whilst its been hard to be optimistic for a while mate, its dissapointing to see you tumble down towards Pope levels of Pessimism.

Cat 1 is a biggie, on top of the first rate academy we already have.
An owner who is now clearly in it for the long haul and supportive.
A new ground for Jbcasta, probably ready for 2023
A manager who soon will become one of our longest serving managers in a decade or two.
Derby doing shit and looking like they will continue to do shit

Dust yerself off, lift up that chin, think about where you want us to get to and watch the magic begin

We will start properly seeing the benefits of Cat 1 in probably 10 years.

Maybe once we start seeing the benefits, we might stand a chance of being promoted within 5 years of that.

By then we will have been out of the PL for 37 years.

To put that in to perspective, some of those who were supporters in school will be grandparents by the next time we realistically have a chance of being back in the PL.

Maybe there won't even be such as a thing as the PL by then.

Maybe once we start seeing the benefits, we might stand a chance of being promoted within 5 years of that.

To put that in to perspective, some of those who were supporters in school will be grandparents by the next time we realistically have a chance of being back in the PL.

I think the Academy has been Cat 1 in all but name for a few years. We have had a decent run of talent from there and that looks set to continue.

I am as frustrated as anyone that we have been out of the top tier for so long but on the flip side I think the Championship is the best league going for competitiveness most seasons.

I think the Academy has been Cat 1 in all but name for a few years. We have had a decent run of talent from there and that looks set to continue.

I am as frustrated as anyone that we have been out of the top tier for so long but on the flip side I think the Championship is the best league going for competitiveness most seasons.

It would be nice if we were also competitive.

We've reached the Playoffs three times this century, most recently with a 6th place finish 10 years ago.

Dude, we may be in the midst of Nuclear or biological war before then, might as well give up all hope today eh

Not really the case. Theres a world of difference, from the talent pool to the finances. Unless you think the Championship is the Premiership in all but name and theres a decent run of talent in the league that looks set to continue :)

Dude, we may be in the midst of Nuclear or biological war before then, might as well give up all hope today eh

Yeah. I was thinking it may be a race against time. Which one will happen first? The end of human civilisation on Earth or Forest in the PL?

I reckon we'd do well to start looking in to being pioneers once again and looking to be among the first teams to play in space.

If there's less teams we might have a chance of winning.

Not really the case. Theres a world of difference, from the talent pool to the finances. Unless you think the Championship is the Premiership in all but name and theres a decent run of talent in the league that looks set to continue :)
How much money has the academy brought in? We are a Championship club which means we are inevitably going to be a selling club and the quality of our academy graduates is reflected in the number that we have sold for decent money and the amount we have brought in.

What we have done with that money is a different matter.