The player who left thread | Page 382 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I have every faith that Jack is going nowhere. We are seriously looking at pushing top six this coming season. We are heading for even greater heights. Grealish will want to be part of this exciting future and has every possibility of winning something with his club during his remaining career.

This club is a completely different one to the end days of Dr. Bull. No wonder he gave a move to Spurs serious consideration.

Jack would never get over it if he moved elsewhere and Villa went on to win the FA cup or possibly greater things.

What makes i larf in all of this is that the very same media that can't stop telling us proles, how much in the light of the ESL they "value" us fans and how dare these six clubs contemplate what they were contemplating. The very same media then make up stories , create doubt and cause distress to fans (not of the big 6) in their efforts to "persuade " Super Jack to go to one of the er..... Big 6. Strange world innit
Hypocrisy demonstrated by the media is staggering

I see a lot of comparisons with Foden. For me, Jack is in a different class. Foden gets all the time and space in the world. He has world class players all around him. Heskey would get 20 goals in that team.

Jack plays with 2 or 3 players on him at all times and still runs the show.

The Birmingham Mail is determined to sell him. Latest interest from Chelsea apparently. Are they deliberately trying to wind us up?
Basically yes, it will be like this every season until we make the top 4 or buy Sancho , Harry Kane or someone to make the clowns realise our owners don't need the money

I see a lot of comparisons with Foden. For me, Jack is in a different class. Foden gets all the time and space in the world. He has world class players all around him. Heskey would get 20 goals in that team.

Jack plays with 2 or 3 players on him at all times and still runs the show.

Man City can win the league with or without Foden, Aguero, Silva etc in fact they have done. Foden is not the reason City won the league they'd win it anyway but Jack is the difference between us finishing top 6 or bottom 6.
No City players play every game, not even the keeper, They have a core 15 that play about 26 games each. Even then they don't often play the full 90
As Micah Richards say Jack has that extra ability that opens up any team.

My thoughts all along were if a good enough offer came for CL football came in, he'd take it. Said many times, careers are short (as you can see from him missing 1/3 of the season) and these offers don't always return. However all the rumblings - and some very good long term contacts - seem to be so positive on him staying and on him being impressed with the summer plans.

I'll not take it to the bank though, until the season kicks off and the transfer window slams shut.

I would love the signal it would send to keep the best, as we've never really done that.

My thoughts all along were if a good enough offer came for CL football came in, he'd take it. Said many times, careers are short (as you can see from him missing 1/3 of the season) and these offers don't always return. However all the rumblings - and some very good long term contacts - seem to be so positive on him staying and on him being impressed with the summer plans.

I'll not take it to the bank though, until the season kicks off and the transfer window slams shut.

I would love the signal it would send to keep the best, as we've never really done that.
That's why we have doubts, as we have never had owners like these, it always seems t be a false dawn.
Hopefully NSWE are the real deal

That's why we have doubts, as we have never had owners like these, it always seems t be a false dawn.
Hopefully NSWE are the real deal

Pretty sure that if he left, it would be him wanting to leave and he'd only do that I imagine, if the offer was CL football. I can't see it ever being about the money, it is clear his love of Villa, is the same as all of us.

I guess there is a time where it is impossible to turn down, but the sort of money that would make the club think it impossible, just isn't going to be bid is it?

The media are deep in the doo dah as social media and other forms of news are decimating them, that is why we get the round-and-round rumour bullshit, it pays as, despite how much people moan about clickbait, people click it. I can demonstrate some of the articles I've done over the years that took time, research and (believe it or not) thought, that got far fewer views than throwaway bollox. Hence, I write very little these days.

Pretty sure that if he left, it would be him wanting to leave and he'd only do that I imagine, if the offer was CL football. I can't see it ever being about the money, it is clear his love of Villa, is the same as all of us.

I guess there is a time where it is impossible to turn down, but the sort of money that would make the club think it impossible, just isn't going to be bid is it?

Only two clubs can afford him. If United buy Sancho, then its one club, at least in the UK. City have Foden as well as all of the others. If they bid for Kane too, then how can they afford a player who is highly competitive to another they own? How long does their slap for breaching FFP remain and why cause potential issues for a 'duplicate' player? No-one pays £100+m for a sub.

No mate it would take 150m and then we'd probably turn it down. Nobody is paying that, which is why all these stupid stories get on my tits. Chelsea being the latest.
The way I look at it he's earnt enough to retire comfortably for the rest of his life already.
Winning the CL with Chelsea or Man City won't ever mean as much to Jack as winning it with Villa. I doubt that will happen but that would be his dream, not winning it with a club he just happens to play for, rather than HIS club.

The media are deep in the doo dah as social media and other forms of news are decimating them, that is why we get the round-and-round rumour bullshit, it pays as, despite how much people moan about clickbait, people click it. I can demonstrate some of the articles I've done over the years that took time, research and (believe it or not) thought, that got far fewer views than throwaway bollox. Hence, I write very little these days.
Certainly, people don't want a well thought out article on anything they want headline stuff.
We sign Buendia and the next day the social media is going on about Jack leaving for Man City or even bloody Arsenal.
Drive me mad, even my fellow Villans drive me mad at times.
I guess the younger fans do think of us as smaller than Man City or Chelsea but they have only bought their way to being "bigger". As a Club we are traditionally bigger than both those

Man City can win the league with or without Foden, Aguero, Silva etc in fact they have done. Foden is not the reason City won the league they'd win it anyway but Jack is the difference between us finishing top 6 or bottom 6.
No City players play every game, not even the keeper, They have a core 15 that play about 26 games each. Even then they don't often play the full 90
As Micah Richards say Jack has that extra ability that opens up any team.

think the clearest thing is when he's on the pitch with his peers playing for England he's pretty much always the standout player. I thnk Mount is a very good player and looks the next best when Jack isn't there - we should buy him really.
Foden I can't recall a standout England appearance yet altho he's also a very good player in the making.

It's bastard obvious that all 3 should play but doubt they will and instead we'll be treated to the shaved monkey that's Hendo chasing the ball around instead

Exactly. That's what we should be aiming for. That's what DS means about having greater depth in the squad. Having more than one player for each position doesn't mean one is labelled starter and the other(s) backup. Applies to Jack as well, even if he's not keen on it. He won't be playing 38 matches in a season; he'll either be rested or be injured.

Exactly. That's what we should be aiming for. That's what DS means about having greater depth in the squad. Having more than one player for each position doesn't mean one is labelled starter and the other(s) backup. Applies to Jack as well, even if he's not keen on it. He won't be playing 38 matches in a season; he'll either be rested or be injured.
Yes, that spot on and the reason I don't quite get why people think our current team only needs a couple of additions. It actually needs 2 every transfer window really.
Chelsea European champions like it or not, are after a 60m fullback they don't really need in our eyes but to win the CL PL and everything else requires two players like that I most positions