Coronavirus | Page 678 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I don't think Covid passports mean the young don't get them, I think we wait until everyone over 18 has been given chance to have the vaccine and then all the rest (bar those with the immune disorder who can have them) get locked down until they either get the jab or hopefully die from Covid.
Jobs a good un

I’m not arguing against covid passports, I actually think it’s a good idea (albeit one our liberal country would not roll successfully if at all). It’s just a kick in the teeth for those of a certain age who are shafted if covid passports are rolled out sooner rather than and they are still waiting for a second dose due to being young. For International travel, it makes complete sense and I expect to see it soon because the airline industry desperately needs it.

On the hand, a covid passport internally would be another gimmick which is sort of half executed. If people choose not to be vaccinated I’m of the view their life is in gods hands and that’s fine by me - it won’t affect me if they die because I don’t have anyone close to me who has not had the vaccine.

As far as I am aware, having a vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t still carry the disease, it means you are less likely to die. So to have a situation where people who have had the vaccine, but can still carry it and pass it on, allowed out over those who can still carry the vaccine, and are still less likely to die even without the vaccine, doesn’t make sense to me.

As for the kids, it’s not just the piss ups. It’s the loss in valuable education time, where the poorest in society suffer the most. It’s the job opportunities from getting part time jobs to learn how to work, through to getting their first proper jobs in an economy which has had to stop. There’s a lot of things out there which we may not then want to give the youngsters credit for because they didn’t fight Germans in Normandy - fine - but they will suffer from the consequences of this more than us economically, in the years to come.

In that case my bad, I misunderstood, I thought your chat with JF was purely passport related so I'll step back on most of it.

However, people walking around willingly not taking a vaccine when it could kill my missus even if she's vaccinated is wrong. That is their choice - I respect that, it's also my choice and they must respect that also, to insist that those selfish pricks don't have access to anywhere I'm likely to be - subject to the obvious caveats of there are some places they can't be excluded from for reasons of basic rights.

Being shot doesn't guarantee death, I'd liken it to authorising people to fire off guns randomly 'because they didn't mean to kill you and you were wearing Kevlar'.

You're mostly right on the vaccs, but it also massively cuts transmission which is the point - so you are far less likely to infect anyone else anyway. It's 50/50 on thinking about yourself and others - and in my humble, if you don't think of others because you've believed Karen's friend on the interweb, then I want a 200 yard restraining order if I'm not allowed to lock you up.

I don't think Covid passports mean the young don't get them, I think we wait until everyone over 18 has been given chance to have the vaccine and then all the rest (bar those with the immune disorder who can have them) get locked down until they either get the jab or hopefully die from Covid.
Jobs a good un

Exactly.

Jobs a good un

On that basis, I’m for it then.

I’m equally of the view it’s survival of the smartest at this point. If you don’t have a vaccine, and you catch it and ultimately die - then that’s on you. A covid passport system would cost more money payable by the tax payer, I suspect it would run into the couple of hundred millions to develop, which if we have a fairly low and steady stream of deaths of unvaccinated people, is it worth it?

No doubt the Tory donors who run such firms, are rubbing their hands at hundreds of millions of pounds worth of contracts being tendered for covid passports upcoming.

On that basis, I’m for it then.

I’m equally of the view it’s survival of the smartest at this point. If you don’t have a vaccine, and you catch it and ultimately die - then that’s on you. A covid passport system would cost more money payable by the tax payer, I suspect it would run into the couple of hundred millions to develop, which if we have a fairly low and steady stream of deaths of unvaccinated people, is it worth it?

No doubt the Tory donors who run such firms, are rubbing their hands at hundreds of millions of pounds worth of contracts being tendered for covid passports upcoming.
you just need the card they give you at the vaccination clinic, anyone using a forged one will be jailed for 10 years for attempted murder

#votefor57

I'm getting bored of listening to egotistical, self absorbed dumb fucks being upset about Portugal.

"I appreciate we are in a pandemic, but thank you for ruining my holiday...."

100.gif

Mrs M’s deputy at work has tested positive as has all her family (husband and 2 teenagers).
Her husband has had one jab and has been in bed 4 days. The kids were are at a school locally where public health England have had to go in due to the number of cases.

Gets right on my tits hearing about ‘freedom day’ . This is not anywhere near over.

Well I actually enjoy restrictions. I don't like people getting close to me, I don't really like humans at all so the further I am away the better. I obviously feel sorry for businesses and people that need other people but from a selfish point of view I will happily spend the rest of my life with restrictions.

Well I actually enjoy restrictions. I don't like people getting close to me, I don't really like humans at all so the further I am away the better. I obviously feel sorry for businesses and people that need other people but from a selfish point of view I will happily spend the rest of my life with restrictions.

How do you cope at football games? (Serious question - I'm not a lover of crowds either and always try to get a seat at the end of a row, for example.)

How do you cope at football games? (Serious question - I'm not a lover of crowds either and always try to get a seat at the end of a row, for example.)
I am like you so maybe its an age thing. I like my space and you would never get me on public transport. But when I was younger loved being in the crowd. Back of the Holte End with all the lads singing and all the banter, loved it.

I can't wait to get back into crowded venues. A few pints and some live comedy and I'll be delighted.

I never thought I was a people person until this shot happened.