Coronavirus | Page 679 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

England's Euro 2020 group games at Wembley Stadium will be the first sporting event at which vaccine passports will be used in the UK.

Uefa says UK-based ticket holders aged 11 or over can show proof of full vaccination, with both doses received at least 14 days before the match.
Those not fully vaccinated must show proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within the previous 48 hours.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57404223

How do you cope at football games? (Serious question - I'm not a lover of crowds either and always try to get a seat at the end of a row, for example.)
I can't stand crowds. And I hate loud noise. So I should hate my visits to villa park. When I drank I got round it by getting tipsy or worse. Now I don't drink so I always try and sit lower north stand at the very back against the back wall where I feel alot better. But I put up with it because I love watching us live. But in real life, i see people and I walk the other way. Even with people I know.

im the same, me and the wife are well isolated, last night we had a quiz night with our families in the uk, via zoom, which we do on a monthly basis, man its so good, it makes you nearly feel young again, thats the way it effects us ,bearing in mind, that you do all you can, all the time to stay alive, seanie

1623254360064.png

infections still growing, but hospitalisation not at the same level, at least at the moment.

Shame to see it back over 1000 though.

1024 in hospital - 154 on ventilators.

I can't wait to get back into crowded venues. A few pints and some live comedy and I'll be delighted.

I never thought I was a people person until this shot happened.

I can’t wait to just get back into the office with all my top banter that amuses everyone 👀 but seriously, I am missing being around other people. I am in a minority at work, as a lot of people are loving the working from home which I do like as well, but as with everything in life, it needs to be in balance

In terms of the ventilator statistics, the majority of people going on to ventilators now have had the chance to be vaccinated. Some unfortunate people in there who have been vaccinated or had one dose granted, but we can’t keep holding up life forever.

I read earlier only 1 in 5 NHS trusts will be restarting cancer treatment within the next two months (sorey can’t find the link). Given cancer is one of the biggest killers in the country, that just sounds like a ticking time bomb to me, and cancer really does have no age prejudice unlike Covid which generally impacts the 80+.

I strongly, strongly believe we have to look at the bigger picture now. I might be out on my own with this view, but it’s a ticking time bomb elsewhere for every extra day we delay on someone else’s health (and life), and that’s before you multiply it up by the amount of people who will die from not getting treatment on time.

and cancer really does have no age prejudice unlike Covid which generally impacts the 80+.

agreed with the rest of the post, but not this, it doesn't generally just impact 80+

It does affect older and the vulnerable more, death wise, but it has impacted a great many of all ages health wise.

And again, if we allow it to keep mutating.......... and so on and so forth.

agreed with the rest of the post, but not this, it doesn't generally just impact 80+

It does affect older and the vulnerable more, death wise, but it has impacted a great many of all ages health wise.

And again, if we allow it to keep mutating.......... and so on and so forth.

Apparently there are a lot of under 30's currently in hospital with covid.

No social distancing at the cricket, no masks, and I believe 18 000 allowed in. They have obviously been told no masks are needed, as there aren't any efforts to have them around the chin etc.

Looks odd, hope this is progress, have to wonder why football was so limited (10 000 and need for masks) in this case.

No social distancing at the cricket, no masks, and I believe 18 000 allowed in. They have obviously been told no masks are needed, as there aren't any efforts to have them around the chin etc.

Looks odd, hope this is progress, have to wonder why football was so limited (10 000 and need for masks) in this case.

It is one of the designated test events, so no social distancing or masks needed. Proof of a negative test of full vaccination needed on entry to the ground.

Be interesting to see what the results are.