The player who left thread | Page 375 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

He agreed to sign a five year deal last year after being convinced by NSWE that we're dead serious about challenging, we showed this season that with a bit more quality and depth we absolutely CAN challenge, and NSWE are dead serious about more serious investment this summer, I don't see why he'd go right now.

I could be being ridiculously naive but I just don't see it. And it's not like the club needs the money to invest.

A long summer of steaming hot piles of clickbait ahead either way.

He agreed to sign a five year deal last year after being convinced by NSWE that we're dead serious about challenging, we showed this season that with a bit more quality and depth we absolutely CAN challenge, and NSWE are dead serious about more serious investment this summer, I don't see why he'd go right now.

I could be being ridiculously naive but I just don't see it. And it's not like the club needs the money to invest.

Jack loves Villa and wants us to be productive. We can easily be at the level of Leicester in a year or two. I also agree, that Jack has likely bought into the plan. He's a god at Villa, and getting us European football would be another dream of his, he's already done the promotion.

If NSWE wish to see Aston Villa challenging for the title and Champios league, you don't sell your best players. If you sell your best players to the top clubs it is impossible to rise above them.

I'd seriously expect to get some form of malware infection on my laptop if I ever visited the SHA website and to be honest, I don't even know what the Albion one is called?

Probably another stupid name with "Bong Bong" in the title.

How in the world would low-life people like them even know?

Stinks of jealousy to me because they know we are easily the biggest club in the West Midlands and on the way up unlike them who are on the way down.

Well I think he signed the new contract as no bids came in for him and we offered him a nice juicy pay rise. I still think if one of the regular champions league clubs comes in for him with a big bid, he'll be gone. The likely asking price will probably scare most of them off however

I think certain fans and journalists still think AVFC is as it was in the days of Doug Ellis...still haven’t got a clue as to the ambition of the owners, their overall wealth and a desire to keep our best players. Despite Jack still not moving on 3 years after they told us he was certain to leave, they still think we‘ve got no hope of keeping hold of him...their mindset is seemingly ‘who could possibly resist the ‘super six’ when they come calling?‘ Well thus far Jack has and will do again. :finger:

I’m sure every PL club “wants” Grealish & Kane. The only club who could afford them both is probably Citeh. Doesn’t mean either of them will end up there.

Well if they do, next season they’ll be virtually unstoppable but they’ve already got enough bloody good players so they can sod off! I hate Man City....far too many good players, still spend far too much money and win far too many trophies for a club that was so shite and irrelevant when I was growing up! Bitter...?! Yes, just a bit!

Mr. Eden’s other sport team, Milwaukee Bucks are also doing well, in the NBA. This bloke promotes success.
And the Bucks are considered a "small market" team here in the US. Competing for market share with the much bigger Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons. It's a bit like Bolton in the greater Manc area. So his investment and leadership is all the more admirable....

I'm like this.

99% of me wants Jack to stay
60% of me expects him to stay for 1 more season
40% of me expects him to sign for Man City
1% of me perversely would love to see what kind of player he could become under Pep.

I am 200% with you on that one Deano (except my 1% would be Barca)

Is it generally accepted or believed on here that he probably has a release clause in his contract, which is either ready to be activated or will trigger after a certain time period?

I struggle to believe he signed a whacking great new contract with a scummy agent, without such a release clause.

Therefore, he isn’t going anywhere only if the release clause doesn’t exist or if a team doesn’t come in with a bid to trigger it.

Happy to be told otherwise if someone believes it doesn’t exist.

Is it generally accepted or believed on here that he probably has a release clause in his contract, which is either ready to be activated or will trigger after a certain time period?

I struggle to believe he signed a whacking great new contract with a scummy agent, without such a release clause.

Therefore, he isn’t going anywhere only if the release clause doesn’t exist or if a team doesn’t come in with a bid to trigger it.

Happy to be told otherwise if someone believes it doesn’t exist.
I was going to do a new (temporary) thread/poll on how we would feel if he did leave this summer, along the lines of below. But not really necessary I guess.

1. Good riddance, you snake
2. Gutted - it will set us back years
3. Fair play, you won't win anything staying here
4. It is what it is - let's reinvest the £100m (or whatever) and build the squad

So, what would be the overriding feeling if he did go* to, say, Citeh this summer?

*hypothetical - HE IS GOING NOWHERE.

I was going to do a new (temporary) thread/poll on how we would feel if he did leave this summer, along the lines of below. But not really necessary I guess.

1. Good riddance, you snake
2. Gutted - it will set us back years
3. Fair play, you won't win anything staying here
4. It is what it is - let's reinvest the £100m (or whatever) and build the squad

So, what would be the overriding feeling if he did go* to, say, Citeh this summer?

*hypothetical - HE IS GOING NOWHERE.
It's not just losing him , it's the message it sends and the knock on effect. We need to keep him, keep momentum and send a message to the likes of Ci£y and Yanited.

It's not just losing him , it's the message it sends and the knock on effect. We need to keep him, keep momentum and send a message to the likes of Ci£y and Yanited.
Yep - feeder club. I know Sterling moved from Plop to Citeh but generally they don’t view each other as ”there to be mugged off”.

Our owners can mix it at that level and understand the value of an “asset”. Personally, I don’t want any of their cast offs either. So, loved Tammy when he was with us, but I don’t want to give Chelski £30-40m either. Cheeky offer of £15m would change my mind though :LOL:

Yep - feeder club. I know Sterling moved from Plop to Citeh but generally they don’t view each other as ”there to be mugged off”.

Our owners can mix it at that level and understand the value of an “asset”. Personally, I don’t want any of their cast offs either. So, loved Tammy when he was with us, but I don’t want to give Chelski £30-40m either. Cheeky offer of £15m would change my mind though :LOL:
It would be a bit like when Barry moved on to Ci£y that for me signalled the beginning of the fall and decline of the Lerner/MON era. Like the start of a slow puncture that ended in catastrophic failure. We don't want a repeat or trigger that could arrest the feel good factor and upward trajectory of the club.

Last edited:
When Sterling left Liverpool it was not a happy club. Rogers was being given a difficult time (Liverpool appointing a Swansea mamager????). Pep wasn't yet at City but it was a well run club going somwhere.

Jack's situation with us is different. Totally different. He'll move on eventually, if only for a change. But there's every chance he won't do it while we're genuinely building and moving forwards. He's in a very good club and has a lot invested in this club.