Time to put it to bed | Page 3 | Vital Football

Time to put it to bed

I've just about moved on. I thought we could have gained automatic promotion, but circumstances are circumstances and I now have 100% conviction that we are about to peak in the playoffs.

However............one final bit of fuel to the fire.........about 25mins in......

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1620054000/1620055800/

Strangely enough, I find it difficult to dislike Darren McAnthony, says it how it is and who can blame him. "Balls like melons"..........show them now fellow Imps, and we are going up!

I've just about moved on. I thought we could have gained automatic promotion, but circumstances are circumstances and I now have 100% conviction that we are about to peak in the playoffs.

However............one final bit of fuel to the fire.........about 25mins in......

Strangely enough, I find it difficult to dislike Darren McAnthony, says it how it is and who can blame him. "Balls like melons"..........show them now fellow Imps, and we are going up!
Durham is a Posh fan, and right up MacAnthonys pipe! He, himself, also said it was karma for the soft ones we've had this season the ginger prick.

Just when I thought I’d got over it you’ve gone and triggered me again Harry :grinning:
One of the reasons we’ve been awarded 17 penalties is because we’ve got speedy, skilful players running into the box. Ok some may have been a little soft but theres wasn’t in the same ball park. I think Szmodics was expecting a yellow for simulation for a second before he celebrated the decision. I hope we can use the injustice to spur us on. Uti

Just when I thought I’d got over it you’ve gone and triggered me again Harry :grinning:
One of the reasons we’ve been awarded 17 penalties is because we’ve got speedy, skilful players running into the box. Ok some may have been a little soft but theres wasn’t in the same ball park. I think Szmodics was expecting a yellow for simulation for a second before he celebrated the decision. I hope we can use the injustice to spur us on. Uti

Haha - apologies........just adding a bit of fuel.........

Durham is a Posh fan, and right up MacAnthonys pipe! He, himself, also said it was karma for the soft ones we've had this season the ginger prick.
I knew there was a reason I don't listen to TalkSport.
Durham thinks it was definately a penalty? Hahaha, what a twonk. His eyesight is worse than the ref's. At least the ref only saw it in real time.

Durham is only on Talksport for the same reason as Jason Cundy and that's to go against the grain and create debate.

Durham is only on Talksport for the same reason as Jason Cundy and that's to go against the grain and create debate.

That is essentially the m.o of any Talk Radio, especially ones that have people calling in. People generally are more vocal when disagreeing than agreeing.

I knew there was a reason I don't listen to TalkSport.
Durham thinks it was definately a penalty? Hahaha, what a twonk. His eyesight is worse than the ref's. At least the ref only saw it in real time.
Ha ha Talksport, is that still on the go.

Macantony hypocrite
Anyone crying about the penalty award can 'do one' he says.
But earlier in the piece him and Durham were bleating about the unjust award of a free- kick against them at Palace which sent them down 8 Years ago.
Hardly the same level of injustice but they haven't let go of that one in 8 years.
They are the entitled club and it was only right that they should have been promoted before fairly and squarely achieving it in the final game.

Why are we shocked. League 1 footballer cheats. League 1 referee is crap. The posh are run by undesirables. These were all known well facts before kickoff.

must very very odd forging a career in the lower leagues because it could well be that the footballer in question may never hit headlines again and all he will only be remembered for was falling over and then crying.

He was awful at Bristol City waste of money (seven figures). I suspect he have a couple of seasons in league 1 then will rock up washed up at somewhere like fieldmill giving it the big I am. Look at me I am a lower league footballer.

Virtually all the presenters on Talksport, particularly the ex pros, are awful. Apart of course from the excellent Hawksby & Jacobs.

Virtually all the presenters on Talksport, particularly the ex pros, are awful. Apart of course from the excellent Hawksby & Jacobs.

I have never listened to this before, I just scanned my radio, I don’t think they broadcast it here as all I could find is talkshite. I quickly turned it off

Those 2 are very good, I wish they were on when I'm leaving work rather than the mid-afternoon slot. Their snippets from the Fred Trueman audio book used to be very funny, along with some Pele singing.
As it is, its Durham and the Yorkie dickhead Gough. Incidentally, living in his hometown Barnsley I dont know many with a good word for him, including the odd one that went to school with him!