Y.C.C.C. Summer cricket thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Y.C.C.C. Summer cricket thread

206 to win at Tea TT,will the White Rose have enough overs left to do it? Our Joe out for unlucky 13,erm 29 runs in 2 innings aint gr8 is it,are you going to be blaming Buttler?:giggle: UTB
Nowhere near Rod,Glamorgan far too cautious with their decalaration allowing the captain to get his 100 before declaring too late.

Adam Lyth gets his 100.

Never blamed Buttler for Joe's performance even though , with his keeping , he makes it harder for any team he plays in to win.

The good news is he's as far away as he can get thrashing about for Rajasthan Runts in the IPL

Another half hour and they'll be shaking hands on the draw.

246-6 Yorkshire,good job owd Lythy's(97) been in form and Brook(54) also_Our Joe out for 11 obviously he's saving his good form for England.UTB

246-6 Yorkshire,good job owd Lythy's(97) been in form and Brook(54) also_Our Joe out for 11 obviously he's saving his good form for England.UTB
Brooks and Joe were the two got out. Brooks plumb to one he played around and Joe getting one that bounced on himand moved a bit
Lyth and the rest playing poor shots. Lyth got the red mist on 97 and chased a wide one going for his ton.

Yorks set off like a train, 27 off 3 overs and it looked very easy . 50 up off less than 7 overs.
I reckon, unless we bowl very well,or the tail wags they will get more than we do.

Joe goes to his 100 and out for 101 as Yorks go on the thrash
Yorks 428 in front.

Declared and Kent need 446 to win.Will be difficult as the pitch has nothing for the bowlers.

Last edited:
A belated congratulations to Yorks as they grind out a 200 run victoy over strong batting side Kent.
David Willey with a 5 for seals the victory late in the day at Canterbury.

Sussex next at Hove on Thursday with Joe showing his commitment to Yorks by playing again.

....In other good news for cricket Lovers Ed Smith is out on his 'Arris.......

Saw that earlier RAB and my immediate thought was
"Will Buttler -fingers now (not) be picked on merit??????????????"

More importantly Yorks CCC start a 4 day game at Hove today.Joe, showing his commitment to his roots, plays again.

EDIT Treeton CC gets a mention on the live stream

Last edited:
Yorks wrap up a victory at Hove after a game that fluctuated from one side to the other.

All out for 150 in their 1st innings and with Sussex on 168-3 all looked lost but the Whte Rose fought all the way.

A last wkt stand of 51 from Olivier and Willey got Yorks home as they won by 48 runs.

Bess has his best figures for Yorks with a 5 for but, as it got tense on the last morning Joe, Golden Arm, Root was brought on and bowled one over , a maiden and took a wicket with his 3rd ball.

Onward & upward Yorkshire.

Tight finish between the White Rose and Northants at Headingley,they need 46 runs to win with 3 wickets to fall.UTB

Last edited:
Tight finish between the White Rose and Northants at Headingley,they need 46 runs to win with 3 wickets to fall.UTB
Very tense Rod, not helped by Tatts dropping a catch.

Hard cricket throughout, a great game and advert for proper cricket

Live stream here if you want to watch the last knockings.

Yorks need 1 wkt, Northants need 14 runs.

Last man comes to the wkt and it starts to throw it down- great game but a very heavy shower.

Nerves shredded

NLOP

never leave out Patterson!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the finest games I've ever seen. From a wkt with the 1st ball of the match to a wkt with the last this game has ebbed and flowed for 4 days- and the ECB are intent on destroying it??

https://yorkshireccc.com/match-centre/matchday

Lets bust a gut to make The Roses at Scarbro before the ECB destroy cricket completely as football is about to alienate everyone.

Yorks need 1 wkt, Northants need 14 runs.

Last man comes to the wkt and it starts to throw it down- great game but a very heavy shower.

Nerves shredded
I'd been watching for about an hour up to this point TT,then our house was hit by a whirlwind(My gorgeous granddaughter):love: and the TV was switched off because she demands our full attention.Gr8 game to win i'm delighted for Yorkshire that they pulled it off.UTB