They're at it again | Page 31 | Vital Football

They're at it again

I think the PL would rather strengthen their hand by removing the Big 6 PL execs from their committees as a longer term punishment rather than a one off points deduction for a season or fines, which aren't going to really make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

UEFA have already filled some of their gaps on committees (admittedly due to resignations when it was all announced) and any Club suspensions from their competitions will result in claims on TV deals I suspect.
I suspect on that latter part that the TV deals have written in to them that it is for whoever is in the competition. I can't see any claims on next season's competitions IF big clubs are banned. The deal does not guarantee who is invited into the competition. I agree there will be claims if UEFA were to end this year's CL banning the 3 and handing the title to Qatar FC.

At the end of the day though there has to be some change. You can't have your hands tied as to rule breaches because of a TV deal or sponsorships. These contracts must include details about this. There is no way they would sign TV deals that would tie their hands in terms of "who is in the competition."

I suspect that the only reason that the three who haven't withdrawn are making noises about it still being a good idea is personal ego. They cannot stand to lose face. They can all go and play with themselves and shut the toilet door behind them when they do.

I look at it a different way, cherry.

I think the three who have been sticking to their guns are actually the honest ones in all this.

They know it's going to happen. This is why the English clubs swift withdrawals makes them so very reprehensible. Two-faced two-hats.

The Champions League broke what was left of domestic competition anyway, so there are massive income disparities.

As of 2018-19 Manchester Utd had total revenue of £627m. Man City £538m, Liverpool £533m, Spurs £459m, Chelsea £452m, and Arsenal £393m,

The next highest EPL club revenues were West Ham and Everton with around £190m. That's half as much as the relatively unsuccessful Arsenal and way, way behind the top 3. The rest of the league is then relatively staggered because the current EPL TV deal splits the cash in a reasonably equitable manner.

Norwich's turnover was £120m last season and they couldn't turn a profit out of it.

Now, I can understand why these high-falutin' clubs want more "big" games because the CL group matches are generally complete bore-fests. I don't watch any of them for the same reason I don't watch international football either.

So I don't think it's about one side losing face so much as it is the politics of the game in England.

They'll be back at the trough soon enough. But I don't actually care one way or the other.

More sensible than literally anything you have posted on this thread.

News just in Notty, His Highness Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nayan is actually a living God. We mere mortals only see his first move but he plays Chess and the long game at that.

He is already five moves ahead of the rest of the other ‘Big 6’ and has made these infidels believe that City had colluded in treachery, when the opposite is the case. The reality is it was his mastermind that has in fact neutralised the wicked plot against all of Europe's football fans, by arriving late to the party, then leaving first when he had no intention whatsoever of staying.

Worthy of praise indeed :bow:

News just in Notty, His Highness Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nayan is actually a living God. We mere mortals only see his first move but he plays Chess and the long game at that.

He is already five moves ahead of the rest of the other ‘Big 6’ and has made these infidels believe that City had colluded in treachery, when the opposite is the case. The reality is it was his mastermind that has in fact neutralised the wicked plot against all of Europe's football fans, by arriving late to the party, then leaving first when he had no intention whatsoever of staying.

WTF?

Lay off the LSD man.

I think the PL would rather strengthen their hand by removing the Big 6 PL execs from their committees as a longer term punishment rather than a one off points deduction for a season or fines, which aren't going to really make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

UEFA have already filled some of their gaps on committees (admittedly due to resignations when it was all announced) and any Club suspensions from their competitions will result in claims on TV deals I suspect.

Removing clubs from committees is no punishment at all. Clubs can still influence committees even when they are not represented on them. A simple call or lunchtime meeting with committee members or committee chairs can go a long way.

The only punishment is point deduction or relegations. Fines are also meaningless when clubs can just ramp up the debt. This cannot stand.

Removing clubs from committees is no punishment at all. Clubs can still influence committees even when they are not represented on them. A simple call or lunchtime meeting with committee members or committee chairs can go a long way.

The only punishment is point deduction or relegations. Fines are also meaningless when clubs can just ramp up the debt. This cannot stand.

Compare and contrast to the UK government and current lobbying scandals.

Look, if you want to be serious about preventing corruption and instigating fair governance then it takes root-and-branch reform.

Compare and contrast to the UK government and current lobbying scandals.

Look, if you want to be serious about preventing corruption and instigating fair governance then it takes root-and-branch reform.

It's almost as if this week in football is the sporting equivalent of government machinations. Who'd have thought it?

It's sort of funny in that I assume this is a joke but the rest of the thread you've been talking like that so who really knows.

Not sure what it would take to make you actually think City aren't whiter than white. It's not the Super League, it's not FFP, it's not all the shady e-mails, probably not any of this Bennell stuff (not looked into this in any detail to be fair) so not sure what the bar will be!

And set against this backdrop, we have the disgusting parasite Mino Raiola demanding wages of over €30million a year for Ealing Haaland from his next club, on top of a €180m fee and €20m each to Raiola and Haaland's dad, who himself was of course a professional footballer so presumably isn't short of cash.

Realistically, I cant see anyone paying that.

It's sort of funny in that I assume this is a joke but the rest of the thread you've been talking like that so who really knows.

Not sure what it would take to make you actually think City aren't whiter than white. It's not the Super League, it's not FFP, it's not all the shady e-mails, probably not any of this Bennell stuff (not looked into this in any detail to be fair) so not sure what the bar will be!

It was in jest actually .... as for the Bennell stuff, which is a truly shameful episode, if anyone is found to have turned a blind eye from within the club then those individuals are as guilty and the full weight of the law brought down on them (if they are still alive?)

I’m no advocate of the death penalty, but I’m almost tempted to make an exception in these cases 🤬

And set against this backdrop, we have the disgusting parasite Mino Raiola demanding wages of over €30million a year for Ealing Haaland from his next club, on top of a €180m fee and €20m each to Raiola and Haaland's dad, who himself was of course a professional footballer so presumably isn't short of cash.

Realistically, I cant see anyone paying that.

The entire Haaland set up seems devised to just make Raiola a killing and I'm guessing to sweeten it, hangers on like his dad. Wasn't it that the fee gets reduced in a year or two as well (like instead of £100m+, Dortmund are forced to accept about £60m)? And realistically he already had his pick of clubs, so Dortmund was always a stepping stone to the real 'elite' payers.

If they price everyone out of that move now (even suitors who would be willing to pay a ginormous fee), then you can bet when that minimum fee release clause is activated Raiola will be making the fee up with agent fees.

And I've found it pretty funny seeing Wolves crowing about winning the league in the absence of the big six. The other big super agent - Mendes - and his influence there has always seemed shady as hell to me.