General Football thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Thank goodness for that.

Don't care if it saves Derby, it makes a huge difference to us.

Also makes a tamer game for us on Tuesday against a Birmingham side who will feel they have nothing to play for

Mmmm. I know what you mean... but equally, derby with 1 win in 11. I think I’d have preferred the risk.

Mmmm. I know what you mean... but equally, derby with 1 win in 11. I think I’d have preferred the risk.
I have no faith in this squad after yesterday's humiliation. That performance deserved relegation. You just cannot rely on this squad to pull any results out of the bag if they can play like that.

Last game is home against Preston; a team we hardly ever beat at home and whose hyper-physical bullying game is even worse than what our little petals failed to cope with so spectacularly last year

I have no faith in this squad after yesterday's humiliation. That performance deserved relegation. You just cannot rely on this squad to pull any results out of the bag if they can play like that.

Last game is home against Preston; a team we hardly ever beat at home and whose hyper-physical bullying game is even worse than what our little petals failed to cope with so spectacularly last year

But yesterday’s performance was relatively spontaneous vs previous 6 or so games. Think we’ll win 1 possibly 2 more, draw 1 or 2. We were awful yesterday but our form suggests we’ll be okay... though we do have a history that you can’t ignore - you’re right.

Derby lost to Blackburn who hadn’t won in 7. They can’t seem to win. I just want them to sweat and. Rotherham win would have done just that.

Regardless, having just watched Rotherham, it’s all redundant because they’re dreadful and possibly won’t win again this season.

But yesterday’s performance was relatively spontaneous vs previous 6 or so games. Think we’ll win 1 possibly 2 more, draw 1 or 2. We were awful yesterday but our form suggests we’ll be okay... though we do have a history that you can’t ignore - you’re right.

Derby lost to Blackburn who hadn’t won in 7. They can’t seem to win. I just want them to sweat and. Rotherham win would have done just that.

Regardless, having just watched Rotherham, it’s all redundant because they’re dreadful and possibly won’t win again this season.

And how precisely will we win another game when we couldnt hit a barn door?

Its been our Achilles heal this entire season and last, only masked by a purple spell from grabz.

A point per game would be more than I’d expect from Rotherham at present - their chance of catching Derby is slim, their chance of catching us is utterly remote. We’re lucky really that Sheffield Wednesday had points deducted (Derby even more so), without that our guaranteed and gutless loss at their place in a fortnight would be dragging us deep into the mire. We might actually get something from the game if they’ve already been relegated by then.

Cheers Barnsley.

That's now Huddersfield, Coventry and Birmingham all ready it overtake us
We need six points to be mathematically safe which is all that matters at this point.

If we are getting twitchy then Derby must be absolutely shitting it after this weekend.

We need six points to be mathematically safe which is all that matters at this point.

If we are getting twitchy then Derby must be absolutely shitting it after this weekend.
Not exactly.

We are 10 points ahead of Rotherham with 18 to play for (for them).

Every point we gain and every point they lose closes that 8 point window.

If we draw at St Andrew's on Tuesday and they draw with Boro on Wednesday (as if Boro are ever going to do anything other than throw a game where we need them to do their job) that window goes to 5 points. Let's hope.

The same applies to Derby; the gap is 6 points with 12 to play for; we may have a better chance of closing their window of opportunity faster; we only need to match their result twice and not be suicidal on the goal difference

It would need three teams averaging 2 points a game, which is automatic promotion form, to catch us. Don’t panic. It is between Rotherham and Derby for last relegation slot. You lot are so pessimistic. We have enough points already.
We have enough points when we have enough points.